Iveco S-Way

So after visiting Broughtons to look at their new DAF and Volvo I saw an Iveco S-Way in corner so had a look at that too. Ivecos are my least driven manufacturer, can literally count on two hands how many hours I’ve driven them in my entire career! youtu.be/bSwdDQmazUg

Oh and I’m building a store too! lorrydriverdotcom.sumup.link

I’ve always had a soft spot for Ivecos, not everybody’s mug of rosy., but I’ve never been a ‘truck marque snob’ anyway,.a truck is a truck, some are better and worse than others.
Think my pro Iveco feeling goes back to the 80s when I had a Iveco Turbostar on demo for about a month, it was way ahead of it’s time in many ways and I loved it.

A guy I know who runs mostly Volvos, got a one of thes ‘S Ways’ on on a good deal, his words were…‘‘I want to hate it but I can’t’’ and he’s on about getting another.
A fraction of the price of a Scania or Volvo I’d imagine, .although the depreciation will be higher, but afaik he got it on some kind of ‘buy back/replacement’ deal.
I’d have one in an instance, but then again I drive a ■■■■ Merc. :unamused: :smiley:

As for Luke’s comments about it being like a truck 10 yrs ago, me personally prefer things simple, tech is fine as long as it is an improvement, tech for tech sake is another ball game, and especially if that tech is worse than the proven idea it replaced…eg Actros ■■■■ mirror cams. :imp:

I loved my strallis bar the bright red deck chair type material on the seats , it would flash up all sorts of warnings though never breakdown , I would pop a list of warning that night on bosses desk , one night he decided to come with me as he obviously didn’t believe me , by the time we got to Clifton ( notts ) he was telling me to turn back to the yard as we were going to breakdown , I assured we wouldn’t but he didn’t enjoy that journey that night one bit as more & more warnings came up
Bloody good lorry that went like stink , apx 15 yrs ago

I’ve always liked the Iveco since first driving 190.30s in the mid 80s , always a good puller unlike the Mercedes of the time which were a bag of wind . Turbostars were a definite favourite especially when the big cab arrived in the 90s . When the 4 series Scania came out you didn’t need to ask me twice which truck I would take , the Iveco Eurostar won every time .

I like the Iveco. I have never understood how Mercedes can make a truck thats like sitting in a wheel barrow. Its shocking to say the least.

robroy:
As for Luke’s comments about it being like a truck 10 yrs ago, me personally prefer things simple, tech is fine as long as it is an improvement, tech for tech sake is another ball game, and especially if that tech is worse than the proven idea it replaced…eg Actros [zb] mirror cams. :imp:

Yes as I expected many old relics such as yourself will see it as a good thing :wink: But not me because I’m a young, very young, very very young whippersnapper who is at one with technology. At. One.

switchlogic:

robroy:
As for Luke’s comments about it being like a truck 10 yrs ago, me personally prefer things simple, tech is fine as long as it is an improvement, tech for tech sake is another ball game, and especially if that tech is worse than the proven idea it replaced…eg Actros [zb] mirror cams. :imp:

Yes as I expected many old relics such as yourself will see it as a good thing :wink: But not me because I’m a young, very young, very very young whippersnapper who is at one with technology. At. One.

Ok, younger than me,? .I’ll give you that one.
But ‘‘very very young’’ might be stretching it a bit. :wink: :smiley:

What’s the latest on getting the licence back and the job front btw ?

robroy:

No idea. I think I’ll likely hit retirement age at this rate

+1 for the Iveco,always liked em,simple,comfy,pull well and has everything the driver needs,like it’s been said silly warning lights come on but they just keep going.
You still see a lot of older models trundling up and down the roads too.

switchlogic:

robroy:

Being somebody who is not much good at anything else other than truck driving (me not you btw :smiley: ) I feel for you, I’d be totally done in that situation.
I’m sure you’ve covered every avenue to help you get it back…what about the local media?
Lay it on a bit thick with photos of yourself in the local paper, looking desperate, telling them ‘‘In this driver shortage you are facing financial ruin and homelessness just because of DVLA incompetence and apathy’’, it may lead on to coverage on a national level, radio etc., embarrass th ■■■■ s into getting on your case and sorting it.
Just an idea.
Worth a try or not?

robroy:

switchlogic:

robroy:

Being somebody who is not much good at anything else other than truck driving (me not you btw :smiley: ) I feel for you.
I’m sure you’ve covered every avenue to help you get it back…what about the local media?
Lay it on a bit thick with photos of yourself in the local paper, looking desperate, telling them ‘‘In this driver shortage you are facing financial ruin and homelessness just because of DVLA incompetence and apathy’’, it may lead on to coverage on a national level, radio etc., embarrass th [zb] s into getting on your case and sorting it.
Just an idea.
Worth a try or not?

But Luke seems such a shy, and retiring sort of lad.
Surely that wouldn`t occur to him.

:smiley:
Best of luck to him, though.

switchlogic:
So after visiting Broughtons to look at their new DAF and Volvo I saw an Iveco S-Way in corner so had a look at that too. Ivecos are my least driven manufacturer, can literally count on two hands how many hours I’ve driven them in my entire career!

I drove an Iveco on my class 1 training. 2 days before my test it broke so I had to take my test on a MAN

I fear that the BTS example of S way isn’t a fair comparison to the Fh and Dafs that you reviewed .
Unfortunately Iveco /Iveco dealers aren’t good at up selling the product and consequently image suffers .
We operate a number of S way as well as premium brands one of which has been a complete disaster and it is the tech that causes the issues .
Touch screen is great in the right environment but in a working truck I don’t think so after all we are delivering goods not flying to MARS .

Hello?

Where are all the Iveco haters - come along, don’t be shy, same old stories, disco dashboards, bin liners for all the bits that fall off etc etc.

Workhorse of Italy and some of their roads make ours look like childs play.

Stralisnumerouno:
I fear that the BTS example of S way isn’t a fair comparison to the Fh and Dafs that you reviewed .
Unfortunately Iveco /Iveco dealers aren’t good at up selling the product and consequently image suffers .
We operate a number of S way as well as premium brands one of which has been a complete disaster and it is the tech that causes the issues .
Touch screen is great in the right environment but in a working truck I don’t think so after all we are delivering goods not flying to MARS .

Speaking as one of.‘‘Luke’s old relics’’ :laughing: I’m bound to agree.
I mentioned the Iveco Turbostar before that I drove in the 80s, it had heated mirrors and wipers on the mirrors when everybody else had strips of rags tied to the mirror, it had electric blinds when some were still using home made and make do curtains in their day cabs,.and this had a roomy 2 bunk sleeper.
I remember an old seasoned haulage man who when he saw this stuff said…‘‘Only summet else to go wrong and pay for’’ .
Same goes for today. :smiley: ,

Nice shop the blind spot banners are nice

But if I were to put them on our truck I’d get sacked

I had one for a couple of years at a previous firm I worked for and have too say on the whole not a pleasant experience, the seat was bloody hard the rattles and squeaks drove me mad and the electrical faults that used to show up on the dash drove me barmy but she pulled like a train if anyone passed me it was normally one of the Irish lads heading for home !

TruckDriverBen:
Nice shop the blind spot banners are nice

But if I were to put them on our truck I’d get sacked

Why thank you! Maybe I need to make some magnetic versions!

These ones have been selling well!-

lorrydriverdotcom.sumup.link/pr … es-sticker

Stralisnumerouno:

Indeed they really are nothing like each other spec wise and this example needs to be looked at keeping in mind it’s simply a bread and butter fleet truck. Problem is that it looks fantastic so you end up expecting more.

I like how they left the poke hole thing on top of the fridge (for bottle) on the LEFT side they didn’t bother changing it to a right-sided one for the UK version of their truck :blush: