Iveco S-Way

The biggest gripe I’ve had with Ivecos is how cheap they feel. They must use the cheapiest nastiest plastic possible in their interiors.

It looks like an improvement still pretty tacky feeling I suspect.

We have Iveco’s at our place, 17 to 71 plates and every one of them has awful brakes !

it prefers you to use the engine brake but even with that i have had quite a few squeaky bum moments in traffic when you are practically standing on the brake pedal to stop ! :laughing:

they are constantly round at our garage with faults and i even had to VOR one because it had a brake light out :open_mouth: just because they are LED ones it needs a new light cluster fitted and they can cost hundreds !

oh and yes the interior does fall apart quite easily, a driver recently went to put the drivers window back up and the whole panel on which the switch is attached to came off :laughing:

I’ve driven Iveco’s and again don’t hate them I reserve that for Merc piles of dung.

Yes they are a bit flimsy and bits fall off, but they are big a roomy and the ride isn’t bad. Yes they do tend to have electrical gremlins much like a DAF does. But most of the Iveco’s I’ve driven do pull well.

I’m no badge snob when it comes to trucks but I’d still regard Volvo as being the best all round truck in my opinion.

Merc will always come at the bottom of the list for me as the worst truck.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Tooz:
they are constantly round at our garage with faults and i even had to VOR one because it had a brake light out :open_mouth: just because they are LED ones it needs a new light cluster fitted and they can cost hundreds !

Becoming common on most trucks now same as most cars tend to use LED light clusters now.

The one that gets me the most was the Mercs we had were half LED and half halogen bulbs. Either stick with one type or the other for goodness sake.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know where the fuse is located on the new s way for the trailer lights? I was trying to help a driver locate it last night & couldn’t find them for love nor money.

Fuse box is behind a panel with Dzus fasteners ( screw driver slot turn with a coin) at the top of the passnger side dash. Once ope the fuses are visible. BUT. BUT, BUT these are mini blade fuses- about 30 of them - all with unintelligble symbols, so which one is which only Iveco know. Make a note of where you took each one from because you’ll get into trouble if you don’t. The hand book is absolutely no help whatsoever.

I worked on Iveco’s 68 onwards plate.

Was pleasantly surprised by BMW M sportesque steering wheel, comfy seats and split bed table.

Everything was spot on apart from brakes and reversing. Brakes, you have to use 2 feet on a brake pedal to slow down considerably and reversing…its one of those funny clutches, it either all power or nothing. So banged trailer into bays 9 out of 10 times.

I would rate Iveco at lower end of unfortunates, you just can’t compromise on brakes…all other things you could get used to.

Scania and Volvo are on another level, no doubt.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

cav551:
Fuse box is behind a panel with Dzus fasteners ( screw driver slot turn with a coin) at the top of the passnger side dash. Once ope the fuses are visible. BUT. BUT, BUT these are mini blade fuses- about 30 of them - all with unintelligble symbols, so which one is which only Iveco know. Make a note of where you took each one from because you’ll get into trouble if you don’t. The hand book is absolutely no help whatsoever.

Yep i totally agree with you. No symbols at all regarding trailer lights or any lights to be honest. Like you said the handbook is useless too. Why can’t they just put trailer left & trailer right? I just don’t understand it. I left him pulling every fuse out 1 by 1 until he found a blown one… Crazy!

Do you still…

Have to tilt the cab to put oil in it?