Ive quit my job

As the title suggests, Ive done it today, one more week on containers for me.

then what ? :laughing:

Dunno :open_mouth:

Was it a bad job or was it due to personnal circumstances :question:

I am looking forward to telling our Transport Manager where to stuff his job, won’t be long now… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Job was brilliant loved it, just had enough of the nights out ROG.

bugcos:
Job was brilliant loved it, just had enough of the nights out ROG.

Not everyone is suited to them in the same way not everyone can work nights

good luck with the job hunting, you’re braver than me with the job situation but lifes too short to be doing a job you hate

bugcos you have a pm

I am looking forward to telling our Transport Manager where to stuff his job

Be cautious, wait until you have a glowing refernce first - unless you have something lined up, then tell him to go forth and multiply :wink:

i hear there is a job going on containers :exclamation: :exclamation:

on a serious note, good luck with finding a job mate esp in current climate that your happier doing - your a very brave trucker. no point doing a job you cant stand or is not doing much for your sanity or health.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

isint thats why we all originally get into the job.
its different than most
we travel the country and get paid for it
we see beautiful places
we are mainly our own boss
we get to drive a “BIG” VEHICLE
we are "kings of the road
theres Great comraderie amongst us
it a pleasure to drive in the uk
we are treated as profressionals
the life style is great
homelife is brill
money is very good
job oppertunities are there
the boss is understanding
not to many rules an regs

or is it we cos
its a good job after all the ■■■■ is taken out
we know its hard but its better than a factory
it DOES take skill to drive all classes of motors
we are just big kids playing with big toys an work is just an add on

i still love driving after nearly 40 years of driving wagons, is it me ,am i strange or do you older guys/gals feel the same.

brados:

I am looking forward to telling our Transport Manager where to stuff his job

Be cautious, wait until you have a glowing refernce first - unless you have something lined up, then tell him to go forth and multiply :wink:

I have… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good on you Smee - best of luck mate :slight_smile:

Good luck Bugcos and Smee, I finished my job at the end of April, as im getting married tomorrow, and 4 or 5 months away isnt really fair to the missus, i havent sat in a truck since April, got nothing lined up, will start looking after honeymoon, want to be home at least 2 or 3 times a week. Can afford a few months off thou, so im lucky i suppose.

nice one kindle mate, all the best for tomorrow, dont do what i did and visit the pub next to the church 3 hours before the wedding though… :laughing:

wirralpete:
nice one kindle mate, all the best for tomorrow, dont do what i did and visit the pub next to the church 3 hours before the wedding though… :laughing:

we better be having a pint beforehand, just to settle the nerves

Good luck Bug,thought you’d already left as i haven’t seen you for a while■■?..Its also my last day tomorrow,i also have had enough of the nights out and have decided to spend a bit more time at home with my missus and kids for now…maybe when things pick up a bit i shall return,but for the moment im going back on a building site…same money everyweek and home everynight…am sick of worrying about getting the overtime and the nights out and although i was doing well most of the time some weeks it just wasn’nt worth being away from home all week and earning crap money for the privilage and constantly worrying about hitting the motor and getting the sack as well as all the other ■■■■■■■■.

bikemonkey:
Good luck Bug,thought you’d already left as i haven’t seen you for a while■■?..Its also my last day tomorrow,i also have had enough of the nights out and have decided to spend a bit more time at home with my missus and kids for now…

Good luck guys. Hopefully be me too soon!

gezt:
isint thats why we all originally get into the job.
its different than most
we travel the country and get paid for it
we see beautiful places
we are mainly our own boss
we get to drive a “BIG” VEHICLE
we are "kings of the road
theres Great comraderie amongst us
it a pleasure to drive in the uk
we are treated as profressionals
the life style is great
homelife is brill
money is very good
job oppertunities are there
the boss is understanding
not to many rules an regs

pmsl at that :laughing: maybe years ago but not now ! you would get more respect, comoraderie and money working at mcdonalds ! :unamused: and probably less rules :unamused: