Jobs

There is always a lot of negativity towards jobs on this site

So my question is

Do any of you actually like your current job and why ?

My job am in is great, wouldn’t change it for the world, truck may not be a singing and dancing v8 but it’s legal and not a bad 1 for its age but most of all am more than just a number in the office book, treated with respect, never asked to break the law and if the job can’t be done for what ever reason it never seems a problem,

There is a few other factors that make it a good job too like nobody uses your truck when your off on holiday, I had a month off work due to a family matter and had only been in employment with my firm for 5 months at the time and they paid me and never took any holidays off me and actually parked the truck and trailer up for a month ! The overall company is spot on, all the lads get along and everyone has a laugh and banter

Can’t fault it all !

And the money’s good

From a happy trucker !!!

They sound great, can you say who they are? Perhaps thats not a good idea you’ll have a queue of drivers applying for a job! Lucky you :smiley:

Yes. One of the best in the industry.

If I lost my job, i’d leave the industry.

Sounds like you have a good number there Mark H, i for one wouldnt be advertising who you are with.

Good for you, jobs like that are few and far between it seems.

Mine is ok I suppose, been there 7 odd years so can’t be THAT bad lol. Work is easy enough, just get ■■■■■■ about a lot but then that’s transport for you I guess. However if I find a job that pays better, I like the next man, will be offski quicker than a rat up a drainpipe.

I’m happy with my job pulling box’s for a small family firm,we have five trucks one of which is driven by the boss,all old tackle but smart,only occasional nights out,no one uses your truck at all,pay not the best but I feel valued.
I could probably earn £20-£30 more a week at a bigger container firm but would hate it.

I don’t understand some peoples reluctance to admitting who they work for just because its a good job,or good pay for that matter. Its not like someone’s gunna nick it, is it ? :confused:

Doing agency basically at one firm. The job is done properly by the book, no chasing, money is good. Very hard to get taken on but it is one of the very few firms I’d jump at working for fulltime.

Personaly I can’t stand my job at the moment, hense the reason I’m leaving on Friday. Starting a job I’ve always fancied doing on Monday though doing low loader work with a small local firm so happy days.

I’m a cheery enough chappie in mine!

George@ASDA driver:

Thats funny cos your job is my idea of hell.

jessicas dad:

George@ASDA driver:

£32,000 for a 45 hour week, sounds like heaven to me.

Happpyish where I am there are some downside but that may change in time :laughing: there are some good perks to it as well pay average for this area ( was discussing it with a mate who works for a different firm in same area we on about same money )

The job get doen when it gets done given start time rest upto me always planned right ( apart from when there is a major accident of course )

Quite happy with mine apart from 1 grumpy bar steward in the traffic office that does little more than grunt

mike68:

jessicas dad:

George@ASDA driver:

£32,000 for a 45 hour week, sounds like heaven to me.

Exactly, decent money, no pressure, OT available if reqd, bit of light cage/roller/pallet moving to keep you active, whats not to like.

I did a few agency stints there, job’s doddle, the only fly in the ointment was one of the admin staff was thoroughly unpleasant, but you can find them anywhere.

I’m as happy as a pig in muck where i am, treated decently, good company to work for, excellent T’s and C’s, i’m going nowhere.

I just started a new job with ASDA and I’m loving it. I just finished 9.5 years of multi drop with 3663 and don’t miss it one iota.

Why do I like the new job? You aren’t put under too much pressure. They don’t break the law or expect you to do so. The vehicles are fairly new and properly maintained. Health and safety is taken very seriously. You are treated with respect at all times. I also have the opportunity to do overtime, something I never had in my last job (due to maxed our WTD). They just seem to care about the people who work for them, which is totally new to me. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.

they must have changed dramatically then!

Part time agency but pretty much exclusively at one company (have been for over 3yrs), from now until at least xmas I’ll be in there pretty much full time. In spite of being a blue chip company I’m treated as an individual and can’t remember the last time I wasn’t treated in a friendly and or respectful manner. OK so I deservedly got the ■■■■ taken when I made an arris of backing onto a very tight bay this morning but then the guy would have got the same if the situation was reversed (I have a long memory). Pay is above average for the kind of work, bit of pallet trucking on some runs. Units are new/ish, very well maintained and the drivers keep them clean.

Only thing I’m not too keen on is that the shifts are mostly overnight but that’s just the nature of their business.

Love my current job to be quite honest, no stress, nobody chasing you all the time, decent pay with a recent 10% raise.

The kit is not too bad, all 60-62 plates. No manual work and plenty of opportunity for sleeping whilst getting paid!

Supermarket work is good money but it ain’t for everyone. Including me.