I've passed Class 1:)))

Hi folks,

I can just recommend Herts Roadtrain HGV Driving School in Letchworth, to everyone who looking forward to have an HGV license, as there are very professional, friendly and helpful instructors for both category of Class 2 and Class 1.

They trained me very vell and I’ve received a very hygh quality knowladge of driving heavy goods vehicles as they showed and explained every movements of the Lorry and not just how to do it, but why to do it.

I’ve passed my Class 2 in first time 6 months ago, and now the Class 1 in first time at the same Test Centre in Enfield-London. :smiley:

So if someone lives colse to Letchworth area and wish to learn to drive Lorries, I’m sure they will be happy to help.
But the hardest thing is just coming now. (get a job) :open_mouth:

All the best,
Gabby

Well done Gabby. :smiley:
Hope you find a job asap. :wink:
What you after,agency work ?

Well done Gabby :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

although the pedants amongst us will point out you haven’t passed class 1 as that hasn’t been available since the late 1990’s but you have passed C+E :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

anyway good luck with the job hunting !

Congratulations :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: well done to you. I am also training with Roadtrain but in Thurrock. Got my test tomorrow any tips?

James Bateman:
Well done Gabby. :smiley:
Hope you find a job asap. :wink:
What you after,agency work ?

Thank you.
I’m with contract with DHL-IKEA by Face 2 Face and doing about 21-26 dropps of furniture mostly in London.

Denis F:
Well done Gabby :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

although the pedants amongst us will point out you haven’t passed class 1 as that hasn’t been available since the late 1990’s but you have passed C+E :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

anyway good luck with the job hunting !

Thank you,
Yes Denis F, you are right. Its actually C+E on my certificarte and not Class 1.

:smiley: Congratulations :smiley:

Well done on passing your C+E. I passed my C at Enfield many moons ago when i was living darn sarf. Maxed out my credit card on it as passed 3rd attempt! :imp: First failure was going round a big roundabout in neutral and then by the time i could get the thing in gear i exited the roundabout in 5th on a straight 6 gearbox :open_mouth:
Second failure was blocking a keep clear marking which was a bit harsh :frowning:

Just like you my first job was on the old Exel/Ikea contract with face to face, but at there Croydon depot. Did Rachel interview you? It’s a very hard job especially when your having to park in middle of a street for 1 hour delivering a 300 piece kitchen unit :open_mouth: Takes 10 mins just to get all the wrapping off. There is no tail lift. I loved the job though and it will teach you how to move around tight spaces :slight_smile:

Harlow_wannabe:
Congratulations :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: well done to you. I am also training with Roadtrain but in Thurrock. Got my test tomorrow any tips?

Thank you “Harlow_wannabe”,

Just relax and be yourself. Beleive in yourself . You can do anything IF you want to. Imagine that its just a normal day and you have a delivery. Just drive and enjoy it. Don’t worry anything about it, just listen to your examiner what he’ll say and you’ll be fine. He will be your satnav.

Otherwise, mirror, mirror, mirror…before you do anything, watch your speed when you approach roundabouts, be ready to stop at zibra crossing, speed limits.
Don’t forget to indicate when you pass cars ect.

I had 6 minor. : 1-use of speed, 1-gears, 2-undue hesitation, 1-observation, 1-awarness/planning.

Hope it’ll help. Good luck mate, you’ll be fine! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Gabby

ZigZag:
Well done on passing your C+E. I passed my C at Enfield many moons ago when i was living darn sarf. Maxed out my credit card on it as passed 3rd attempt! :imp: First failure was going round a big roundabout in neutral and then by the time i could get the thing in gear i exited the roundabout in 5th on a straight 6 gearbox :open_mouth:
Second failure was blocking a keep clear marking which was a bit harsh :frowning:

Just like you my first job was on the old Exel/Ikea contract with face to face, but at there Croydon depot. Did Rachel interview you? It’s a very hard job especially when your having to park in middle of a street for 1 hour delivering a 300 piece kitchen unit :open_mouth: Takes 10 mins just to get all the wrapping off. There is no tail lift. I loved the job though and it will teach you how to move around tight spaces :slight_smile:

Thanks ZigZag.

Heh, I see you had a few nice days with IKEA too. :grimacing: But thwy. I don’t minde this hard job, cos others says that" if you can do IKEA, you can do anything after that. That’s true.

Otherwhise, I haven’t meet anyone from Face 2 Face, one day I’ve got a call from them as they’ve seen my CV somewhere and they’ve offered me the contract with DHL-IKEA at Radlett. Also my wage is coming from another company who I never met.

But at least the money is GOOOOOD. :grimacing:

MarkyBoy:
:smiley: Congratulations :smiley:

Thank you “MarkyBoy”

CONGRATULATIONS gabby on passing your C+E test, glad you have got work sorted - good luck :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harlow_wannabe:

Good Luck Harlow_wannabe with your test tommorw, keep a level head on your shoulders & youll be fine :smiley:

gabby:
Also my wage is coming from another company who I never met.

But at least the money is GOOOOOD.

It’s probably been paid though Nova :wink:

Hope you enjoy Ikea. They use Dafs and straight 6 gearbox :smiley: They should start you with a drivers mate who works direct for DHL and who knows the routes which makes the job easy. They usualy can get you back to depot for around 3-4pm, but when you get an agency guy with you expect lots of overtime :open_mouth:

Well done on the pass

Have you stopped smiling yet :question: well done on getting a job as well even if just agency & if anything like what im doing after approx.13 week you may be offered a full time contract as that is the general info I have working for DHL on the Nissan contract

ZigZag:

gabby:
Also my wage is coming from another company who I never met.

But at least the money is GOOOOOD.

It’s probably been paid though Nova :wink:

Hope you enjoy Ikea. They use Dafs and straight 6 gearbox :smiley: They should start you with a drivers mate who works direct for DHL and who knows the routes which makes the job easy. They usualy can get you back to depot for around 3-4pm, but when you get an agency guy with you expect lots of overtime :open_mouth:

I’ve been paid by Inland Solutions Ltd.

The Dafs are powerless even if I’m coming back to the yard with empty box. There are both Agency and DHL porters who I start with, some of them knows the route but its completly pointless cos everything is depend on traffic, new buildings and streets which is just doesn’t come up on my satnav and I have to spend more than half an hour to find the property. So I’m usually finish around 6-7pm, sometimes later. Thats why the money is good.

Otherwise, yes I’m enjoy it. :slight_smile:

animal:
Well done on the pass

Have you stopped smiling yet :question: well done on getting a job as well even if just agency & if anything like what im doing after approx.13 week you may be offered a full time contract as that is the general info I have working for DHL on the Nissan contract

Hi “animal”,

Thanx for that. I’ll start my 10th weeks only from Monday with them, so nobody offered me anything yet but I’ll let you know if I have full time contract.
(I’m still smiling :smiley: and I’m glad that I’ve got a job in these days)

I have been there 6 weeks & nothing yet but talking to the other guy that work there that is the general I wish you luck hope it happens as you say it is a job in this climate

bonnie lass:
CONGRATULATIONS gabby on passing your C+E test, glad you have got work sorted - good luck :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Many Thanks BONNIE LASS, I’m glat too.

Hi

Congrats on the pass brill news that you have job too that will make it easier on a newbie as you get that all important experience

I wish you all the best :smiley:

Jen x

ps

Also good luck Harlow wannabe

will keep everything crossed

Jen x