Fingers Crossed

Hi everyone,

As I’ve already posted I hand my class 1 booked for the first week of september,
As Ive had two days off work I thought id do something useful.

I printed out 20 cv’s and spent the days driving round to companies showing my face, I went to loads but three were Deffornatley promising.

Freight liner, Eddie stobarts and b&m in Liverpool.
B&m was the most successfull the transport manager said as soon as I’ve passed class 1 give some fella who’s in charge of driver employment a call and they’ll get me straight in for an induction and assessment :smiley:

My dads mate used to work for them and it doesn’t sound like great hours or nice runs but who am I to complain ill just be happy to get anything for experience.
The security fella threw a hi vis on me and walked me on site to the canteen where I had a sit down with the TM.

Fingers crossed I pass so I can call these companies up !

Best of luck mate.

As you said. It may not be the best runs but it will give you the experience and then you can move on to better :slight_smile:

Indeed mate just need to pass now !

Good luck on the test mate.

I’ve got my c+e second week in September and I’ve not driven HGV for 15yrs. Think I might have bitten off more than I can chew!
Two and a bit days training with one on one instruction.

Dropping your CV off personally with these companies is the best thing you can do. If you invest £1000’s in getting your licence, why not invest time in driving to their offices and introducing yourself. Well done I say, as its the right way to go about it.

Just a question. Do they ask highway code questions on c+e tests now?

No. Just show me tell me.

Ie. can you show me how to operate the horn.

Can you tell me how you would check your vehicle is not overloaded.

Thanks Dar.

Hmm, I wonder if I show him £100 if he’ll tell me I’ve passed :grimacing:

Nice one mate good luck with your test aswell,
Hopefully well both have good news to post in a few weeks :slight_smile:

Did you have any experience driving a lorry before you done your lessons/test?

Scania 143 V8:

If the question is for me, then yes. I had six years driving until i decided to go self employed. Biggest thing I’ve driven since has been a Skoda Octavia. :neutral_face:

macci:

Scania 143 V8:

If the question is for me, then yes. I had six years driving until i decided to go self employed. Biggest thing I’ve driven since has been a Skoda Octavia. :neutral_face:

No it wasn’t for you :neutral_face:

Scania 143 V8:
No it wasn’t for you :neutral_face:

Perhaps you’d better indicate who your question IS for in future.
It would save you being :neutral_face: .
:unamused: