Its finally happened

Well as some may have noticed I have not been on the forum for a bit, due to no money for internet, anyway back on now.

nice to be back (I know how sick,but its a drug and i have missed the banter) :smiley:

So what happen to me then i here you say well, well you mite be. :slight_smile:

I did a blitz on looking for work, you know loads of emails cold calling and the old fashioned way by post, well I post about 60 letters and did over 100 emails and visited about 50 companies,( my feet hurt now :smiley: :smiley: ) not bad for a 6 week period,

Well you mite be thinking did I get any thing from it, no surprises there no joy from the cold calling the usual answer there not hiring at the mo check back soon, emails not one I am not surprised about that my CV as a big gap in it and when you not worked for a long time I think there just see that letters no not even a no thanks but as I have just said my CV mite be that.

There is some good news though as my internet came back I just bay chance saw a job on there web site and it was a ring them type jobs so took a chance rang them, the man on the phone say the boss is not in but give me you number, so I did later the boss rang and asked me for an interview,(first one in six months :cry: ) anyway thought good go the first bit to look forward to,the paranoia started though, well there just see an 18 stone slob thatā€™s be out of work for 20 months or will there give me a proper look in,

Well next day, nice shirt on and smart trousers and polished shoes got there, very nervous as you could imagine.

The interview when well I thought so, there said the have more to see (which didnā€™t look good for me as I heard that before) there ring tomorrow if I have the job.

Well next day comes no phone call, so thought the worse,

Next day about 11 am the best thing that could happen as I got the JOB :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So I will be back on the road in a class 2 truck from next week and I canā€™t wait

delboytwo:
I have not been on the forum for a bit, ā€¦ anyway back on now.

Thatā€™s the first bit of bad newsā€¦

delboytwo:
I will be back on the road in a class 2 truck from next week

and thatā€™s the second bitā€¦ I can see a Govt public awareness campaign on the wayā€¦

:wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously, nice to have you back Del and great news on the job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

delboytwo:
I have not been on the forum for a bit, ā€¦ anyway back on now.

Thatā€™s the first bit of bad newsā€¦

delboytwo:
I will be back on the road in a class 2 truck from next week

and thatā€™s the second bitā€¦ I can see a Govt public awareness campaign on the wayā€¦

:wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously, nice to have you back Del and great news on the job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks mate :slight_smile:

[zb]ing cracking mate, Iā€™m so happy for you, itā€™s been a long old slog for you I know and Iā€™m glad your perseverance has finally paid off.

Youā€™re an inspiration to us all mate :smiley:

garnerlives:
[zb]ing cracking mate, Iā€™m so happy for you, itā€™s been a long old slog for you I know and Iā€™m glad your perseverance has finally paid off.

Youā€™re an inspiration to us all mate :smiley:

Thanks for those kind words mate, :slight_smile: I thought I never be saying that i have a job

Great news about the job Del :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Perseverance paid off in the end as it usually does :wink:

I hope the job works out well for you (and keeps you working long hours :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: ) :wink:

Well done mate

tachograph:
Great news about the job Del :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks mate :smiley:

tachograph:
I hope the job works out well for you (and keeps you working long hours :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: ) :wink:

Monday to Friday with a couple of nights out so I will be on here at some point your not getting away with it that easy :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi and welcome back delboytwo

Andā€¦

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on your new job :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

:bulb: If ever a guy deserved a lucky break, itā€™s you mate. :smiley:
Iā€™m so glad for you. :smiley:

welcome back and congrats on the job.

Should this thread be moved to ā€œThe UK Professional Driversā€ forum ? :confused:

delboytwo is no longer a wannabe driver :smiley:

tachograph:
Should this thread be moved to ā€œThe UK Professional Driversā€ forum ? :confused:

delboytwo is no longer a wannabe driver :smiley:

I was wondering about that too, cos Del isnā€™t exactly a newbie. :smiley:

Since itā€™s borderline, and not wishing to interfere, Iā€™ll leave that to the forum Mods (repton / Mike-C) to decide. :sunglasses: :wink:

Good news Del and welcome back.

Great news mate, very pleased for you.

dieseldave:
Hi and welcome back delboytwo

Andā€¦

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on your new job :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

:bulb: If ever a guy deserved a lucky break, itā€™s you mate. :smiley:
Iā€™m so glad for you. :smiley:

Thanks Dave :slight_smile:

gogzy:
welcome back and congrats on the job.

Thanks gogzy :slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:
Good news Del and welcome back.

Thanks Neil :slight_smile:

Mike-C:
Great news mate, very pleased for you.

Thanks Mike :slight_smile:

good to see you back on here,but even better you have got a new job.no mean feat in the current climate.well done dude!! :smiley: :smiley:

buck rogers:
good to see you back on here,but even better you have got a new job.no mean feat in the current climate.well done dude!! :smiley: :smiley:

thanks buck :slight_smile: