Its been a while

Its been a while since i’ve posted upon these pages. (one or two replies)

Since xmas, life has been a strain, lack of work ( gettin easier) and just the general strains of life. Some who know me well know that i haven’t been on form. But hey, lifes full of hiccups.

So far this year i’ve been to the Tnet xmas doo, which i hasten to add was a spot on event (thanks Rikki and Lucy), did my 160ft bungee jump (still not had another challenge) which raised over £1600 of which Tnet members were the biggest and most generous sponsors, well done and thank you. In April i stood for Chairman of The East Coast Truckers, but alas that passed me by. Truckfest came and went (again, not up to my usual standard, but still a massive pleasure to see and meet so many of you, friends old and new.

So, to the future? This weekend sees the 4th Crowfield truck rally @ The Orwell crossing truckstop, a modest show and a great get together of many truckers and their machines. 111 trucks booked in i’m told. A show thats gained in strength and popularity, a show that i’m proud to say that i am loosely associated with. A fund raiser for the ECT too. Good luck everyone for this weekend, lets hope the weathers on our side this time. Well done Simon and Danni for once again putting on this event.

June sees the 4th UK TRUCKSHOW @ Santa Pod. Another great, but modest show. Many forms of entertainment.
This year, on the Saturday, you will find me entertaining 50 underprivilaged children (not single handed)on behalf of the ECT. Show organiser Russ Harman has been a massive help with the ticket allocation.

In August we will be having the 24th East coast truckers childrens charity convoy. My role in this fantastic event is ever increasing. Over 50 trucks booked in so far, but spaces are disappering quickly. 118 forms went out to fill just 80 places. So as well as the glory, i’ll have the task of turning some forms away, not a task i relish. But, as so many things with this event, the pros far outweigh the cons. By 8pm on bank holiday sunday, we will of sucessfully exhausted 80 children (and of course 80 drivers)
The emotions felt on this day are incredible, for our guests, their families, us as drivers and of course the thousands people that line the route.

There are many conclusions that you can draw from my ramblings, and you could be forgiven for thinking that i’d got 10 mins to waste.

There is no disputing that its been a tough year so far, so many out of work, people loosing their livlihoods and homes.
The one thing that pulls us all together is our families, our children. Hopefully for most of us our children are fit and healthy and lead a comfotable life. Sadly, there are so many suffering. So in these dark times, no matter what life has thrown at you, just remember that there are so many that are less fortunate.

Look to the future, be positive. And who knows, the way things are going, we won’t be long before we have a completely new goverment!

Any way, must get on, gotta clean out the floating duck house!

well where do i start about this year its had ups and downs but i’m still :smiley: i went to the trucknet do had a great time then there was truckfest i had a ball . :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: i missed out on seeing mr vains jump was gutted but had a lot on that weekend :exclamation:
now i’m goin to the crowfield truck rally for the first time on sunday and i’m looking foward to it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: see ya there :grimacing:

Nice post there Rob…I’ve not been on TNUK for a while either. Just busy with work and life in general. I’m lucky, because I’m busy, many of you boys and girls out there aren’t and I’m acutely aware of that.

I’ve made some really good friends on 'ere. Hope you’re all OK.

Good to here from you mate, privilaged that you chose to reply

Good to here you’re still plodding away Rob. I sort of guessed you were going through a rough patch with your lack of posts and banter.
Glad to see you’re bouncing back in a positive way, and as usual you’re charity work is admirable. Here’s hoping our industry gets a break sooner rather than later, and that our fellow members who are unfortunately out of work at the moment, finally get the chance to get back on the road.

Keep yir pecker up me old son. :wink:

Nice to see some of the “good old boys!” are back on-line, I thought to myself that the site had been a bit “flat” lately :frowning:

Fantastic post and good to see people like you Rob keeping up the good work with the charity and events, even in this time when we’re all going through a bit of hardship,what a credit you are, well done pal :smiley: :smiley:

Glad to see you back on here again Rob, hadnt heard from you in a while and was starting to worry you were avoiding us all.

is work picking up for you now? i was talking to one of your mates the other day, well he said he knew you well, he was in a green and white scania (very tidy motor) pulling a box and tipping at fareham. nice bloke but cant remember his name or the name on the wagon (i think it was something like SJB transport or something or other) it was after a 13 hour day mind! he said you had had a few problems lately but didnt go into details.

by the way Mr V looked good at truckfest mate, well impressed with it. even the wife liked it and she aint interested in wagons at all!

nice to see shrek back on here as well. how is life back in uniform then mate? you enjoying it still? do you miss raoul (is that how you spelt it)?

It’s been a strange & tough year so far for a lot of us, like you say Rob we just need to stay positive & upbeat about it, fingers crossed we’ll survive & come out of it.

Well said Rob :smiley:

and keep up the good work with the charity :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

if you need anything, just give us a call and i’ll galdly help out if you need it :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Rob

nice to see you on here again hope work gets better for you :slight_smile:

bye the way my post count is catching you up :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

read your post with interest and when you reread it it must make some people cringe a tad after some comments in the distant past re your “flash” truck etc . seems you come across as a bloke who spends as much time helping others as you spend on your truck. nice to see you back and hope you an other owner drivers start getting more work, i work for a largish company but still feel a little dubious about the future as well. keep it coming mate

I gave you a flash and wave on the A12 a few Fridays back when you were stuck in traffic, now cheer up you miserable old sod :laughing:

goodluck rob its not easy being an owner driver when times get a bit hard but from the brief chat we had at truckfest and the way your truck looks and is looked after just shows the dedication youve got so im sure youll weather the storm mate :wink:
goodluck also with the charity work and the crowfield show this weekend :smiley: :wink:

good to hear your keeping well rob

Welcome back Mr. V! :smiley: :smiley:

Looking forward to the pics of the ECT run :smiley: , it doesn’t seem like a year since tha last one :open_mouth:

Stu

Thank you so much for all yr kind words. I guess not everyone understands me for who i really am ( with a user name like that, what the hell did i expect! :unamused: :laughing: )

I am if anything always true to myself, i value my friends more than they will ever realise. But most of all, i like being me. I started out in this world with so very little to offer, but what little i have i’m willing to share. Good to hear from so many of you. Everyday’s a lesson.

Giblsa:
nice to see shrek back on here as well. how is life back in uniform then mate? you enjoying it still? do you miss raoul (is that how you spelt it)?

Life is pretty sweet at the mo mate…Just keepin’ a low profile, Sure do miss the road though! …and Raoul, He was my buddy!! LOL

Shrek:

Giblsa:

Life is pretty sweet at the mo mate…Just keepin’ a low profile, Sure do miss the road though! …and Raoul, He was my buddy!! LOL

If, Raoul was yr buddy, where does that leave me with Mr Vain■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Answers on a postcard to… :wink:

glad to hear your getting through it mr v. Was it you on the m180 this week i was flashing but i wasn’t sure? :laughing: