Is this one of the worst

Lucy:
We will name and shame, just not immediately on here - much better if the companies concerned aren’t forewarned, don’t you think? :wink:

Definitely.
I once kicked off to one of our other depot managers about the disgusting state of the showers, he more or less just shrugged his shoulders with an air of ‘So what’
The co. owner happened to be on site, so I told this guy I would see him. He clearly didn’t think I had the balls to do it.
The boss seemed a bit shocked that a driver had ‘‘actually dared to speak up’’ and clearly was not used to it :unamused: …(I was very civil and polite btw, no effin and jeffin.)
However when the owner inspected them he said they were ok.
Turns out matey had seen me approaching the boss and went off armed with a bucket and mop.
Funniest thing was I was reported to my own depot boss by the owner, …
…I was devastated and never slept all week with worry :laughing: :unamused:

Great news.

Hmmm, I think the MSA toilet section is going to be X rated! :open_mouth:

But overall I think this is great, I really do hope it comes to fruition! :smiley:

So do I, but I’m entirely dependent on you guys doing your bit and getting us the evidence, so cameras out please - and don’t spare us, we need to see the raw facts! :grimacing:

Honked:
Here’s an idea.

Why don’t we have a day of saying NO?

NO I will not hand in my keys, I will drop the trailer while you unload it.

NO I will not sit in your holding cell but I will drop the trailer on the bay and park my unit in the waiting area.

NO I will not stand in a cattle pen but I will gladly sit in your canteen with a hot drink.

I designate March 14th to say no. It coincides with steak and a ■■■■■■■■ day so you have a nice treat for being a real man.

Guarantee you won’t get anywhere

truckman020:

Honked:
Here’s an idea.

Why don’t we have a day of saying NO?

NO I will not hand in my keys, I will drop the trailer while you unload it.

NO I will not sit in your holding cell but I will drop the trailer on the bay and park my unit in the waiting area.

NO I will not stand in a cattle pen but I will gladly sit in your canteen with a hot drink.

I designate March 14th to say no. It coincides with steak and a ■■■■■■■■ day so you have a nice treat for being a real man.

Guarantee you won’t get anywhere

What are they going to do if a pin locked trailer is dropped on the loading bay with goods they need?

The hospitality suite at the new Brakes depot at Portbury. Admittedly it’s clean, although as it’s just opened it bloody well should be. It is indicative of the high regard we drivers are held in. Note the "facilities " in the corner.

After here I’m off to Farmfoods where the facilties on offer there are as far removed from here as Susan Boyle is to Angelina Jolie!

the maoster:
After here I’m off to Farmfoods where the facilties on offer there are as far removed from here as Susan Boyle is to Angelina Jolie!

Love going to farmfoods in ■■■■■■■■■■■ with chilled/frozen. Not allowed to sit in your cab while on the bay. Instead you’ve got to wait in their canteen and watch for your bay number being called up on a TV screen. Can use their facilities while there. Full breakfast with tea and toast only costs £2! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:

the maoster:

Love going to farmfoods in ■■■■■■■■■■■ with chilled/frozen. Not allowed to sit in your cab while on the bay. Instead you’ve got to wait in their canteen and watch for your bay number being called up on a TV screen. Can use their facilities while there. Full breakfast with tea and toast only costs £2! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the same set up at Avonmouth mate. If one Co can set such a standard then why can’t others? Actually, we all know why not. :imp:

Absolute disrespect to the fellow human being(lorry driver), outside on the cold winter weather. They(this RDC) dont any delivery in a lorry, then lets see how they gonna operate.

Dolph:
Absolute disrespect to the fellow human being(lorry driver), outside on the cold winter weather. They(this RDC) dont any delivery in a lorry, then lets see how they gonna operate.

Says the man who works in an amazon warehouse :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

Dolph:

Says the man who works in an amazon warehouse :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Yea, at least at this Unilever place it would appear this ‘pig pen’ is just a safe zone for a short period of time whilst the forkies are busy, at Amazon they want you sit on a plastic school chair in a smelly, tiny room for up to 4 hours :unamused:

What really annoys me is the combination of a crappy waiting room with long loading/tipping times. I was in K&N Derby once and there was about 8 chairs between about 15 drivers, guys literally left leaning against a wall for over an hour. Totally unacceptable. We’re professionals at work, not in bloody A&E. If these rooms have to exist, a minimum should be at least plentiful and comfortable seating. These places could make a mint if they let us in the canteens.

OVLOV JAY:

Dolph:

Have you actually worked in Amazon, or you gonna use narrow minded cliches?
Amazon where I worked had many break rooms, big and small, in all of them you get couches(and chairs+ tables of course), tv’s, free vending machines for coffee,tea,tomatoes soup etc. In the big one you have free internet and computers, even video games, in the small ones pool tables.
Did I mention canteen with cooked food and several fridges with drinks(non alcoholic).
Compare that and this in the picture :unamused: :unamused:

Dolph:

OVLOV JAY:

Dolph:

Amazon where I worked had many break rooms, big and small, in all of them you get couches(and chairs+ tables of course), tv’s, free vending machines for coffee,tea,tomatoes soup etc. In the big one you have free internet and computers, even video games, in the small ones pool tables.
Did I mention canteen with cooked food and several fridges with drinks(non alcoholic).

Just a shame none of that is accessible to supplying drivers, you know, the second class citizens :wink: I’m sure the staff facilities in the op are quite good :unamused:

OVLOV JAY:

Dolph:

OVLOV JAY:

Dolph:

Just a shame none of that is accessible to supplying drivers, you know, the second class citizens :wink: I’m sure the staff facilities in the op are quite good :unamused:

Fair point, its sad that truck drivers are not allowed to use employees facilities. But as you know better then my your country is obsessed with Health and Safety, Amazon is obsessed and with security. Before starting(back in the summer) I had to wait 7 days for background check, they said they check public records in BG and UK, I dont know if its true. On this note, may be they are afraid to let drivers mix with employees, I don’t know.
But I’ve been on both sides of the isle in a sense and can tell you its a shame drivers are not allowed in employees facilities

The state of the drivers “facilities” in comparison to employees ones, shows that the health and safety only extends to the employees, not the drivers or general public

I’ve not done fridge work for a while, but I used to hate going to Morrisons Wakefield, particularly the chilled department. Never enough chairs, often a long wait.

OVLOV JAY:
The state of the drivers “facilities” in comparison to employees ones, shows that the health and safety only extends to the employees, not the drivers or general public

I can vouch for Amazon’s staff facilities being pretty good, some of the smaller hubs that don’t have a drivers room let you use them. These are very much in the minority though, I asked if I could use the staff facilities at one once and was told you have to complete an induction before you can go into the main building :unamused: So I guess it’s all H&S bullshine again.

Amazon Stoke is the best. A box room (cell) containing a chair or two, absolutely nothing else.