First night inside

Had my first 3 hour wait in one of them rdc cells this week and what a dreary boring place they really are.
I can understand some of the safety rules out there to keep everyone safe but who dreamed these places up?
Not allowed to be in your truck, please sit in that room over there and hope you don’t die of boredem.
Feel sorry to you people that visit these places regularly and cope
Hats off to you

The coffee in the vending machines is what they use to creosote the garden fence, most of the time it is not all coffee, to save money chicory powder is added.
Bring a book to read next time in the metal cage, or a newspaper or two,some drivers have a spare set of keys and grab some sleep on the bunk.

nintendo DSXL comes with me for down time, got a bit of softwear with Puzzler 2012, keeps me going insane (well no more than usual). Sometimes take my Kindle for a change, depends what book I’m reading.

Mp3 or phone stick headphones in tabs…close my eyes and wait for a nudge…your tipped drive.

H&s gone mad plenty of waiting around it goes with the job but I’d rather do it in the comfort of my cab, take my keys away and I promise not to press buttons but please don’t lock me in there, “sorry drive its a safety meassure” Wtf? Really lol

Read a book

I used to give them my mobile and say call me when you are done, as i walk out of the gate and have a wonder, there is no law to say you have to sit in those dungeon cells.

I tipped Morrisons Bellshill the other week when I had gotten onto the loading bay and into the driver’s waiting area the wall mounted TV was tuned to CBBC! It sums up pretty much how drivers get treated when they go into some of these places, it’s a load o ■■■■■■■■. Another thing the women working on the chill desk in Bellshill reminds me of a school teacher when I was in Primary 5, made me feel like a petulant school boy “yes miss,no miss”. I reckon she’s into ■■■■ and probably keeps a cane under her desk. :smiley:

hipsway:
I tipped Morrisons Bellshill the other week when I had gotten onto the loading bay and into the driver’s waiting area the wall mounted TV was tuned to CBBC! It sums up pretty much how drivers get treated when they go into some of these places, it’s a load o ■■■■■■■■. Another thing the women working on the chill desk in Bellshill reminds me of a school teacher when I was in Primary 5, made me feel like a petulant school boy “yes miss,no miss”. I reckon she’s into ■■■■ and probably keeps a cane under her desk. :smiley:

Should of joined in with Mr Tumble they would soon have you tipped and out of there, should put the dragon on the desk off you too :smiley:

Get yourself a tablet if you are going to be a regular !

Kerbdog:

What like a sleeping tablet

If you have already handed your keys in, then having left your cab unlocked (there being no valuables in there right?) you can resume the comfort of that same cab. Most tractors have radios that work with no auxillary nowdays, so I imagine this problem of being sentenced to three hours RDC waiting room aspect is something that goes with pre-digi tractors?

If some ■■■■ comes out and demands you leave your cab, just take your red airline off, or even drop the legs to keep 'em happy.
I believe there are laws about depriving people of somewhere to take a break that has no hot food/drink/toilet facilities. A stark bare waiting room is nothing but a prison cell.
It must be more against H&S to the jobsworths surely if they had to accompany you everywhere around the entire site, to which you should have messing facilities access to at least?

Just stay in your cab, and stick up for what’s right. :smiling_imp:
I’ll leave it if provided with a hot meal. A refusal tends to take away remaining excuses to evict me, so there you go.

hipsway:

The fat bird?

I dont have cause to go in them that often but when i do i hand my keys in then go back to the truck put the sun blinds down and have a kip, nobody has ever said anything to me and thats been in Asda and Tesco

stagedriver:

hipsway:

The fat bird?

Ooooh, Matron.

Went Tosco Magor today. I handed in my fuel cap keys along with the fob and kept the door/ignition key so I could have a sneaky kip.
After being tipped I returned to get my keys and paperwork to be confronted by a right koont of a woman. “You are not allowed to wait in your cab Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah” was what she basically droned.
I really wish these people would just ■■■■ off and mind their own ■■■■■■■■ business.
Surprise Surprise, nobody got hurt or fell off the trailer because I was having 40 winks, ergo proving that this is an unnecessary, stupid policy to enforce, now ■■■■ off and chivvy along the unloaders to do their jobs quicker so you havent got 40 drivers squeezed onto 20 seats in your poxy waiting room, instead of having a go at me!!!

usersteve:

Kerbdog:

Lsd or anyform of recreational drugs would surfice , but effects must not last longer than 3 hr’s,or the pink chalk and the highways agency will be along to take the micky :smiley:

usersteve:

Kerbdog:

Cyanide :bulb:

coreysboys:
Went Tosco Magor today. I handed in my fuel cap keys along with the fob and kept the door/ignition key so I could have a sneaky kip.
After being tipped I returned to get my keys and paperwork to be confronted by a right koont of a woman. “You are not allowed to wait in your cab Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah” was what she basically droned.
I really wish these people would just [zb] off and mind their own ■■■■■■■■ business.
Surprise Surprise, nobody got hurt or fell off the trailer because I was having 40 winks, ergo proving that this is an unnecessary, stupid policy to enforce, now ■■■■ off and chivvy along the unloaders to do their jobs quicker so you havent got 40 drivers squeezed onto 20 seats in your poxy waiting room, instead of having a go at me!!!

this!!!
i hate muppets like her, and sadly plenty of them about.
we do iceland alot in swindon, and luckily they always seem a decent bunch. once i’m on the bay, i unplug the genset, walk back to the office with my, “cough” car keys “cough” and hand them in. they normally give me a rough idea of how long it will be, then i decide wether to wait in the drivers room, or go and have a snooze in the wagon :slight_smile:

Met a true jobsworth who said can`t i read the road closed sign for one inch of flood water, he says it is shut due to health and safety.