Is this one of the worst

Those chairs will bring down your grapes, and that yellow paint is plastered all over my jeans I had the misfortune of wearing when sitting down only to find the crash barrier paint was still wet. :imp: :imp:

Winseer:
Those chairs will bring down your grapes, and that yellow paint is plastered all over my jeans I had the misfortune of wearing when sitting down only to find the crash barrier paint was still wet. :imp: :imp:

Should have put a claim in for a new pair…not kidding, H&S and all that, the paint also affected your skin and had to have two days off work… :bulb:

Lucy:
Can’t make any promises 'cos I’m not the gaffer, guys, but I have passed the suggestion on…

What ever help you need if you get the go ahead to report on this just let me know.
I had my keys taken off me at the booking window at freightliner Doncaster the other day.
Tesco is the worst for me 3+ hour tip on a container and not allowed near my cab,
Fed up of it

Lucy:
Can’t make any promises 'cos I’m not the gaffer, guys, but I have passed the suggestion on…

Out of interest, how did the suggestion go down? Being a seasoned journo :wink: you must of had a gut feeling if it was a topic that sparked interest?

AndrewG:

Winseer:

Should have put a claim in for a new pair…not kidding, H&S and all that, the paint also affected your skin and had to have two days off work… :bulb:

I was agency at the time though. :frowning: Two days off work would have been with no pay, and as everyone knows - it’s assumed that “agency drivers having terminal lead poisoning” is considered “endemic” and a “pre-existing condition”. No claims there then. :unamused:

I didn’t sling the jeans though, so if some pants chaser wants to get in touch… :smiley:

I think all lot of you are over reacting to this . It’s not a waiting room it’s an area you retreat to while you are being unloaded . Most of the Unilever places I’ve been to once you are being unloaded are really fast and the use double forks ( and if you look at that forklift it does too ) and often two forklifts it’s just a safe place whilst you wait to move your curtains . Until you are being tipped you wait in your cab or in waiting rooms that have tea machines ect

chester1:
I think all lot of you are over reacting to this . It’s not a waiting room it’s an area you retreat to while you are being unloaded . Most of the Unilever places I’ve been to once you are being unloaded are really fast and the use double forks ( and if you look at that forklift it does too ) and often two forklifts it’s just a safe place whilst you wait to move your curtains . Until you are being tipped you wait in your cab or in waiting rooms that have tea machines ect

Thing is, theres no need for these pig pens to stand in while being tipped, all over Spain drivers stand by the truck to pull the curtains/ strip/rebuild a tilt ect, h&s gear is virtually zero yet no one gets mashed. The UK is awash with over dramatised legislation and red tape which is so unnecessary…

AndrewG:

chester1:

Thing is, theres no need for these pig pens to stand in while being tipped, all over Spain drivers stand by the truck to pull the curtains/ strip/rebuild a tilt ect, h&s gear is virtually zero yet no one gets mashed. The UK is awash with over dramatised legislation and red tape which is so unnecessary…

I agree . But it’s not the big hardship it was made out to be . You prob only spend a minute or two in it in reality and they have even put a chair in it for the unfit among us . You try keeping up with them when they get going esp you you have woods in the trailer

Looks no different to Ketton cement. You drive in, open one curtain, move to safe area, loader bangs them on, into truck and drive forward to strapping area. It’s no problem, in fact once you’re in the shed it only takes them about 5 minutes to load the trailer.

AndrewG:

chester1:

When you’ve got two heavy fork trucks banging on two pallets at a time the last thing the fork truck drivers want is a numpty driver walking about… it is dangerous and it would slow down the whole operation.

Good God, all you have to do to complete the picture is squat down and take a dump in the corner…ffs :grimacing:

A mention of free tshirts and the wombles come out. If it only takes 5 minutes then I would rather use that time making a brew for my onward journey, not counting nuts and bolts while being held captive.

Tris:
Looks no different to Ketton cement. You drive in, open one curtain, move to safe area, loader bangs them on, into truck and drive forward to strapping area. It’s no problem, in fact once you’re in the shed it only takes them about 5 minutes to load the trailer.

You have a cab to sit in not a mini wrestling cage. Tipper drivers can sit in their cabs with 30t shovels loading them, so why can’t a tramper sit in his cab when a dinky toy forklift is tooting his horn with every change of direction?

Is there any wonder we all get treatment like this twice I gone to Gloucester services and some one has s**t in the showers why

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Muckaway:
Why doesn’t T and D do a feature on these places? Maybe Lucy could take comments from here and ask the powers that be for their responses?
Set a date when all drivers visiting these dumps refuse to give in keys and wont sit in these stupid pig pens.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Really? A magazine publishing an in-depth and critical article about the deplorable conditions at some of the big supermarket rdcs? And damaging their already fragile advertising life line? They can’t be seen to criticize potential advertisers. Better to publish another centre spread of a blinged up wagon from a ‘respected’ haulier…

And what would be the point. We know about it already. And the few non drivers who read T&D don’t give a fig.

Muckaway:

Tris:

You have a cab to sit in not a mini wrestling cage. Tipper drivers can sit in their cabs with 30t shovels loading them, so why can’t a tramper sit in his cab when a dinky toy forklift is tooting his horn with every change of direction?

Tipper drivers dont need to jump out and flap curtians the idea of a safe haven is the forkie can expect a driver probably running backwards not looking where he is going pulling a curtian .I bet most places if you got out of your truck the machine will stop . Dont get me wrong if that was a genuine waiting room it would get short shrift from me too

Right, I’ve had the go ahead to do something with this story, so please could anyone who’d like to be involved drop me a pm? We’re going to be needing lots of images taken on the sly, with company names and addresses BUT NOT PUBLICLY POSTED HERE. (We also need them to be of a certain quality for print, but that bit’s easy). Don’t worry, no driver will be named or dropped in the stinking brown stuff, I just need you guys to get me the ammunition to aim at the culprits. :stuck_out_tongue:

Going to be a cracker this one. :grimacing:

Without the name and shame - there’s little point to all this. :bulb:

We will name and shame, just not immediately on here - much better if the companies concerned aren’t forewarned, don’t you think? :wink:

Winseer:
Without the name and shame - there’s little point to all this. :bulb:

She said with company names and address’.