Ah driver,allow me to show you to our luxury waiting area

Taken from Facebook,yes that sign does indeed say drivers waiting area…reminds me of somewhere but I can’t quite put my finger in it,ah yes that’s it Guantanamo bay! Wonder if you also have to wear an orange jump suit?!

Any idea where that is

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Probably Birds transport.

I remember Morrisons having a waiting place like that, it was inside but the seats weren’t that good. I used to go to a cable place in Washington that had one worse that that.

If you think that’s bad you’ve clearly never visited a Tata site!

It looks like a monkey enclosure at the zoo where members of the public can throw bananas in.

As funny as it may look at first its quite sad really that its all thats deemed necessary for a lowly driver, its an insult. I take it this is the UK?

AndrewG:
As funny as it may look at first its quite sad really that its all thats deemed necessary for a lowly driver, its an insult. I take it this is the UK?

Probably, the sign is barely readable but looks like its printed in English.

MikeDBristol:
It looks like a monkey enclosure at the zoo where members of the public can throw bananas in.

only in this case it looks more like it would be the monkeys throwing the bananas… :slight_smile:

mabey its a demolition site and its somewhere for the tipper drivers to have a ■■■??

For me to be waiting in there, the rest of the site better look like the set from next Indiana Jones movie :open_mouth:

Reminds me of when I watched a JCB take a BRIGHT YELLOW site level, clean off a BRIGHT YELLOW tripod when he approached it from distance on an open site with the scoop obscuring his vision… :unamused:

I’d be safer in the truck! :open_mouth:

My money is on this being a spoof.

Saint Gobain @ Runcorn.

Ideal for this time of year in our country :confused: :confused:

Sad thing is it’s probably real.Sims Cross Hands springs to mind,their “waiting area” was a 4ft square made from railings bolted to a wall and that was it.Had to hand keys in and stand in there whilst loading,instant ban if seen outside it whilst loading,regardless of weather

what ■■/ no telly ■■?

I refused to wait in Sainsbury’s windowless, unventilated waiting room at Buntingford once, because after 10 minutes inside it I had a thumping headache, and that was with me being in there on my own, God knows what it would be like with five or six people in it sucking up the oxygen. So I went and sat on the grass outside, was promptly ordered to return, and told the goods-in clerk NO, I was either staying where I was or taking their stuff away. I told him if he didn’t like it, to go fetch a senior manager.

Strangely enough, I was tipped super quick while I sat on my little patch of grass. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do they supply umbrellas when it is rainy :unamused:

I reckon Diesel Dogs bang on with this just looks like somewhere the driver can go for a ■■■ or wait after getting their ticket signed or maybe use the loo looks like its demolition or scrap waste they’re loading machine driver probably gives a toot and they wonder back over, probably a very good chance they can even stay in the cab when being loaded if they’re checking an on board weigher??
That kinda job is usually a bit different from the RDC hell that gets described on here if no waiting most likely loaded an gone in 20 minutes or quicker!

Worst ‘waiting area’ i ever stopped at was in the UK around 20years ago now, cant even remember exactly where it was but was a garden furniture place near northampton, it consisted of a square with a fence around it with a table and chairs in the centre and behind was the toilet which consisted of a trough which was blocked and full of p1ss, the outlet wasnt even connected to the mains but just drained out on the floor at the back, i can still smell it even now all those years ago :grimacing: