Worst RDC,s

Having driven artics for over 20yrs I thought I had been to the lot but…

Tesco in Belfast is the worst I have been too.u sit in a room the size of a garden shed.no coffee/tae.if u have a spit door u have to wait to be called to lift it for them…

I went to a Dentressangle site this week in Corby. They force you to sit in a room about the size of a small toilet. You cannot leave this room for any reason. There’s nothing in there except for 3 chairs and a CCTV camera.

Definitely Iceland ambient for me @ Swindon.

bald bloke:

I concur

Tipper Tom:

bald bloke:

I concur

+2

I have been in the “SIN BIN” a few times… Hourly Paid blah blah blah couldn’t give a toss… usual rubbish

I cannot understand why once the keys are in we can’t stay in the cab. ■■■■■■■ bellends

Tipper Tom:
I cannot understand why once the keys are in we can’t stay in the cab. [zb] bellends

Probably because they know Clever ■■■■ will just hand in his car keys so he can still turn on the ignition.

I bet somewhere a truck has managed to move despite the keys being “handed in”. Our own worst enemy and all that…

Then immobilise with a Suzie lock or a steering lock.

It’s my home for 5-6 days.

If drivers stood together and said ■■■■ you I’m making a brew in my cab what would they do? Have all their customers go without because some over important health and safety ■■■■ wit with an invented job says so? No they’d capitulate and we would be treated like humans rather than an inconvenience.

But of course we won’t and it’s easier to ■■■■■ and moan and keep on rather than man up and show some solidarity

Tipper Tom:
Then immobilise with a Suzie lock or a steering lock.

That way though the buck would fall with them if the truck did move.

The way they do it now the buck falls with us.

In this age of blame & claim it’s all about covering ones arse. That’s where all this H&S ■■■■■■■■ comes from, particularly with big companies who are easy targets for employees to put claims in left right and centre.

But you wouldn’t be able to move the lorry with no keys no steering wheel and a Suzie lock.

Add a ■■■■■■■ wheel clamp if you want but let me in the lorry

Quite honestly I’m personally not arsed about being allowed in the wagon, i’m in there enough of the time. I just want some humane waiting facilities with some degree of comfort & decent brew & toilet facilities.

I think it’s the environments in which we are expected to wait in which a lot of drivers have a problem with, rather than the fact you can’t go back to your wagon. Not everyones a tramper with gear in the cab. If places are going to hold drivers for long periods of time there should be a certain level of comfort & access to facilities they should have to provide. I go into Tesco Widnes quite a lot and think that’s of a decent standard.

Tipper Tom:
I cannot understand why once the keys are in we can’t stay in the cab. [zb] bellends

I tried this at Nobbies, Didcot once - and there’s a guy patrolling around the yard “looking for bods who have not secured their vehicle”…

(ie it’s unlocked with me still in it, trying to hide behind the curtains on the bunk!) :stuck_out_tongue: :blush:

Got told I’d be “banned from site if you try pulling a stroke like that again”.

f— me, it’s like being at school and getting a 1000 word essay on the ■■■ life of a peanut from a prefect! :frowning:

I ended up in the cooler with the other drivers, skeleton sitting in the corner, cobwebs around the CCTV, - you know the place. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

All new RDC’s being built should have the same system that they use at Costco in Lutterworth, when you back onto a bay a locking arm folds over onto a trailer wheel, meaning it can’t be moved until that lock is released from inside the warehouse. Costco allow to sit in the cab or inside their waiting area. But the system they use isn’t suitable for all trailers, the DonBur trailers we used at my last firm couldn’t be used as they had fairings all around the sides which would have got smashed by the locking arm.

I chose to put in the lorry as I thought the chances of an RDC providing a habitable driver’s room was lower than the chance of being allowed to remain in the cab

3663 in Nottingham (Langley Mill) stupidly too small yard and bays but at least you can wait in the cab once you’ve handed your keys in.

Woolworth Swindon.
/close thread

Morrisons Fresh at Wakefield. Six bays and four chairs!

Winseer:

Tipper Tom:

I tried this at Nobbies, Didcot once - and there’s a guy patrolling around the yard “looking for bods who have not secured their vehicle”…

(ie it’s unlocked with me still in it, trying to hide behind the curtains on the bunk!) :stuck_out_tongue: :blush:

Got told I’d be “banned from site if you try pulling a stroke like that again”.

f— me, it’s like being at school and getting a 1000 word essay on the ■■■ life of a peanut from a prefect! :frowning:

I ended up in the cooler with the other drivers, skeleton sitting in the corner, cobwebs around the CCTV, - you know the place. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

My standard response to the ‘banned from site’ line is such a situation is ‘good, this is a ■■■■■ hole of a place and I’m just glad I don’t have to work here every day’.

I’ve had a warning or two but have yet to be banned from anywhere. They don’t like it if you give them ■■■■ back!

The issue is the facilities they expect you to wait in. Appalling rooms, dirty,smelly and with no facilities whatsoever. Sometimes you just have to get on with it of course.

Ain’t right though. But as with wages, drivers won’t stick together. Still too many that think 70+ hours for next to nowt and a four hour wait in a ■■■■ hole rdc/waiting room every day is a requirement of being a professional driver!! :grimacing:

I think my best response which didn’t earn me a ban was at a building merchant while on blocks.

Forks: “It’s an hour and a half to tip you drive, I’m just going to lunch” (at 1130)

Me: “Oh ok then I’ll just sign the note as refused and head on”

Forks: “You can’t do that”

Me:“Like ■■■■” (started engine and put lorry in gear)

Forks: “FFS ok I’ll tip you now”

In and out in 25 minutes.