Is this fake or real? Just need an opinion

Ok, im going to cut the long story short, logging onto facebook today someone started speaking to me about my ‘trucking’ career offering me, a job, training & full paid work, But to me it seems like a load of farfetched bull [zb] from china i’ll copy the conversation so you can take a look for yourselves & the link he sent me.
6:45pmMicheal
hi

6:45pmJonny
hi

6:45pmMicheal
i heard u were interested in truck mechanism

6:46pmJonny
yep

6:46pmMicheal
your dad told me that

6:47pmJonny
how do you know my dad?

6:47pmMicheal
trucking

ok lol

6:48pmMicheal
would you be intrested in a job when u get your hgv licence

6:49pmJonny
yep, would love on

one*

6:49pmMicheal
when you planning on getting your hgv

6:50pmJonny
next year

6:50pmMicheal
ok

6:51pmJonny
lol whats with the questions, you giving me a job

6:51pmMicheal
if you want one

6:52pmJonny
Yep, whats the company ?

6:54pmMicheal
where u wanna work uk or us

6:55pmJonny
Lol, working in the US permanently id either have to get a green card which is only available to me through marrage, so it wouldbe the uk

6:55pmMicheal
ok mfishertransportservices.co.uk/default.aspx

thats the company a small buisness but pays alot

6:56pmJonny
ok ill check up on it

6:56pmMicheal
ok

6:58pmMicheal
we could hire you and pay you weekly and learn you to drive

only as your 16

6:58pmJonny
cool, and where abouts in yorkshire are you based

6:59pmMicheal
castleford we stay overnight we have depos all thought uk

7:00pmJonny
cool

7:02pmMicheal
would you be able to drive a scania r620

7:02pmJonny
yep

who wouldn’t lol

7:02pmMicheal
or a 143

7:03pmJonny
R620 with manual box or opti cruise gearbox
7:03pmMicheal
we have both

you could pick

7:03pmJonny
would be the 620 then

7:03pmMicheal
ok

Now is it me, or my imagination but he contradicts himself quite a few times in this. but i just want another persons opinion, Thanks

Jonny

Edit: Plus, he has asked me to meet with him in a cafe with my parents etc, so i don’t know what to do about that, i know this is the part where he asked :
7:08pmMicheal
could we meet and discuss also you will have bring a parent we could discuss wage and times

7:09pmJonny
where would we meet

7:09pmMicheal
i could get to morrisons knottingley they have a cafe right

7:09pmJonny
yes

7:10pmMicheal
can you come on sataday

this sat

7:10pmJonny
well i don’t know if my parents could make it, but i would be able to,

7:10pmMicheal
oh ok if you parents say so

7:12pmJonny
my parents will let me go, i’m able enough to make my own decisions when it comes to my career

7:12pmMicheal
ok

oh ok what time you free on sataday

7:13pmJonny
any time in the mid morning

7:13pmMicheal
1 o clock

7:13pmJonny
sure,

At times he’s contradictive but others he’s legit, HELP!

jonnytruckfest:
6:46pmMicheal
your dad told me that

how do you know my dad?

6:47pmMicheal
trucking

What does your dad say?

i’ve told him, my dad doesn’t seem to know him, just asked so more then certain now its not genuine, But haha would’ve been good if the offer was genuine

Jonny - this person calling himself “Michael” to you, is referred to as “Mark” on a webpage that supposedly reviews driving agencies (needless to say, his driving agency get’s a 5 star review from some transport manager who won’t actually exist!).

The owner of a driving agency contacting a 16 year old boy on facebook, offering him work in the haulage industry and saying he knows the boy’s father when he doesn’t! And he want’s to meet you in some cafe!

Some would say that’s downright unprofessional and ridiculous - for me it’s extremely dodgy sounding, bordering on criminal.

Would agree with you.

ANDY1961:
The owner of a driving agency contacting a 16 year old boy on facebook, offering him work in the haulage industry and saying he knows the boy’s father when he doesn’t! And he want’s to meet you in some cafe!

Some would say that’s downright unprofessional and ridiculous - for me it’s extremely dodgy sounding, bordering on criminal.

Yeah, i was speaking to my dad about it, and more or less agreed with me about it being a rather b.s oppertunity, considering if it was legit, i would’ve been asked to go to a yard for an interview, he would’ve been able to tell me who my dad works for. But yeah, it’s a learning curve for people out there like me who want to come into the industry, with people and bogus offers. I don’t think i laughed so hard when he asked how much i wanted a week, :laughing: i think i’ll just go about my hgv training next year through a proper training provider, hopefully if i get an apprenticeship this year doing Heavy vehicle mechanics. Already applied at scania & volvo, When i went to Hargreaves training, they told me i’d have to have a job before i could do the training, :neutral_face: Not really sure how that works, but yeah,thanks for your opinions guys, Just needed to make sure i wasn’t imagining things :laughing:

If you were a couple of years younger, that’d be a properly dodgy ■■■■■■■■■■ ‘chat up’ line. Come meet me with your parents, oh my parents can’t come… excellent, just come on your own then :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Some strange, weird twisted people in this world

Hm you really wanna limit who you have on facebook if ur that worried you can pass the details on to the police who have a unit that looks into this sort of thing

garnerlives:
If you were a couple of years younger, that’d be a properly dodgy ■■■■■■■■■■ ‘chat up’ line. Come meet me with your parents, oh my parents can’t come… excellent, just come on your own then :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Some strange, weird twisted people in this world

Very true, :laughing: He’d probably only get as far as the chat up line & get confused with everything else afterwards :unamused: :laughing:

Do you wanna see some puppies?

You are being groomed…wise up.

aa

SimonB:
Are the youth of today really this stupid? The ‘company’ is clearly fake, with no details and only a mobile number and no reference to them anywhere online. Back to school for you I think.

For one i was asking for an opinion, two i’ve already said to me this seemed as farfetched as you could throw it, I just wanted another opinion as such, Three i have reported him to facebook and the police so just have to see what happens from there. And five, calling me stupid for asking people of an opinion doesn’t really prove me to being stupid, More or less showing that i’m needing another persons opinion to make sure i’m not being irrational for doing something which i could think to be a load of [zb] and another person think could be a good oppertunity, which this is the kind of case people of my age who are 'not so smart, that want to get into the industry could face and make a huge mistake, I was just lucky in this case the person speaking to me was an utter idiot and wouldn’t know the difference between his arse to his elbow.

P.S i’m not exactly stating i’m the brightest person you’d come accross, but there isn’t need to call anyone stupid :unamused: Even the youth of today have feelings you know

aa

Its ok :laughing: The youth of today i’ve got to admit are abit odd :smiley: But i take no offence, This idiot has been deleted & reported :laughing: I found it quite funny when he sent me a message asking if i was still interested :unamused: Lmao that’s what the world has come to, But for me now it’s just getting on with my career and etc. Trying to get onto some form of mechanics at the moment but i’ll manage :sunglasses:

The old guys have been complaining about “the youth of to day” ever since Bible times.I hope that you find a career in mechanics and and if you want to run something past the forum just go ahead.The comics will come out to play but you will get intelligent answers as well.

alamcculloch:
The old guys have been complaining about “the youth of to day” ever since Bible times.I hope that you find a career in mechanics and and if you want to run something past the forum just go ahead.The comics will come out to play but you will get intelligent answers as well.

Thank you, Lol deffinately know about the more experienced folk & how they can be but they don’t really bother me all that much. & the career in mechanics is something to back me up on my trucking career as it’s something i know i’ll enjoy & its working around fun machinery. Lol i like the comic answers they crack me up :laughing: But the answers i get from people i find to be useful & appreciate the time people put into helping me. :smiley:

Is this real or is this fake, Opera Winfrey and Ricki Lake, teach me things I dont need to know"
Sorry, I had to do that the title of this thread reminds of a song by Robbie Williams :blush:

DAF95XF:
Is this real or is this fake, Opera Winfrey and Ricki Lake, teach me things I dont need to know"
Sorry, I had to do that the title of this thread reminds of a song by Robbie Williams :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: No worries haha, it is funny thinkin about it :laughing: :sunglasses:

DAF95XF:

Quoting robbie williams song, :astonished: you flaming queen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: