Well this seems dodgy

Saw this on a jobs board email I get sent. Reads like a training broker. Usual rubbish about 50000 jobs. Not in the screen shot they talk about finance options. I highly doubt they can guarantee work once trained.

I’m quite surprised it was allowed to be posted as a job advertisement. Seems very misleading to me.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

LIES! Pure and simple.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I get almost identical emails everyday,its all rubbish there just trying to get some money out of you for the training.

lecro:
I get almost identical emails everyday,its all rubbish there just trying to get some money out of you for the training.

Thing is its an email from totaljobs. I signed up to see what sort of work is out there before deciding to train. They send me an email listing jobs and it does just that. Only this time a broker has sneaked in as a job advert. Bit underhand as a newbie might see it surrounded by actual jobs and think it’s an easy way in.
Not honest imo.

The only true benefactors of this “Driver shortage” BS are training companies and blue chip logistic companies, must be some serious palm greasing going on somewhere, probably find out they are all members of the funny handshake brigade.

IronEddie:
Thing is its an email from totaljobs. I signed up to see what sort of work is out there before deciding to train. They send me an email listing jobs and it does just that. Only this time a broker has sneaked in as a job advert. Bit underhand as a newbie might see it surrounded by actual jobs and think it’s an easy way in.
Not honest imo.

Yea i thought it would be, problem is there are very few proper jobs on all these so called job sites.

Ive just checked my email and well … looks familiar ? :smiley:

lecro:

IronEddie:
Not honest imo.

Yea i thought it would be, problem is there are very few proper jobs on all these so called job sites.

Ive just checked my email and well … looks familiar ? :smiley:

Actually no mine mostly look like this my original post is the first I’ve seen of a broker advert . Quite a few agency adverts though.

These so-called jobsites have very little in the way of “real” jobs. Whilst I never proclaim there is a driver shortage, there is work in some areas but it wont come up on these sites. The way to get work is to go and knock on doors. And persist. Don’t be put off and keep going back.

btw, I don’t do funny handshakes! Neither do I benefit from the “driver shortage BS” as I spend too long explaining that, at the moment, it doesn’t exist. But statistically, there is a shortage on it’s way. And that’s an indisputable fact though it helps very few folks at the moment.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

There was a time I used to check out employment sites like Indeed job search, but pretty much all the jobs were either agency or from other employment sites, then I noticed a trend start and quickly take off where training brokers were advertising their services thinly veiled as job adverts.

If you’re looking for a job that doesn’t exist I highly recommend places like Indeed.co.uk and Total Jobs.com and other such job search companies :unamused:
Or you could just pop down to your nearest employment agency :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s really sad is that the .gov job centre plus is nearly as bad, or at-least it was the last time I looked :frowning:

tachograph:
There was a time I used to check out employment sites like Indeed job search, but pretty much all the jobs were either agency or from other employment sites, then I noticed a trend start and quickly take off where training brokers were advertising their services thinly veiled as job adverts.

If you’re looking for a job that doesn’t exist I highly recommend places like Indeed.co.uk and Total Jobs.com and other such job search companies :unamused:
Or you could just pop down to your nearest employment agency [emoji14]

What’s really sad is that the .gov job centre plus is nearly as bad, or at-least it was the last time I looked :frowning:

Last time I looked at the gov job site it was all links back to the other job websites.

A lot of it depends on the area you live in. I live next door to bardon 22 so I am in a lucky position. Time of year is a factor too, from now on, the run up to Xmas, we can take our pick.