Is there a Driver shortage then?

Been trying to get work, however the only success so far is via agency work, waiting at the end of a phone.
Some in house jobs advertised though they want the experience… etc and so forth.

Where are you based?

As far as I’m aware whether there is a shortage or not you still have to go looking for it, calling, emailing, knocking on doors.

Same here But today My phone has not stopped ive got 2 interviews lined up Lol 1 is for Toyota delivering parts to there factory :open_mouth: Its taken a few weeks but at least My CV is getting past about ,Keep trying Mate ,And Ive got a lead from a member on here also which Ive chased up , Just dont give up :wink:

I passed my test on Thursday and start my new job next Monday :slight_smile:

I basically found an online directory of hauliers and filtered it down to my area. I then sent them all an email, it means you can include any experience you have or would be useful in the industry etc. My email didn’t ask for work but implied I was looking and asked what their stance was on new drivers as I’m keen to get started etc.

6 minutes later, I had an email back from one company saying that they do take on new drivers and they have a class 2 vacancy - could I come along for an interview on Monday (yesterday) was offered the job at the end of the interview.

My advice is, don’t rely on companies advertising their jobs but get in there directly. If you can find out who the boss is, try and contact them directly or go and see them with your cv.