Is the Bear Great?

I refer to Great Bear Distribution any you lads or lassies know anything about them, I have interview and driving assessment with them next week, any comments good or bad please.

wait till the interview?

mickyblue:
wait till the interview?

That can’t help can it, at lest give them a clue :confused:

wait till the interview?
well done very helpful

it will be the best time to get the info he wants. it was not posted in a bad way or anything.

friar tuck:
I refer to Great Bear Distribution any you lads or lassies know anything about them, I have interview and driving assessment with them next week, any comments good or bad please.

I worked for them for 10 yrs i know it wasn,t driving, i was in the warehouse only left because i have moved to Canada always lookedafter my team so i can only say good things

The couple times I’ve been there to tip or reload they’ve always been pretty sound with me. I was strapping pallets they just loaded on me and didn’t seem to mind me climbing all over them ahem… “putting myself at risk” so seem fairly laid back.

Don’t ask me what one it was at. uh… big massive tesco in same estate…umm, palletforce hub near there too. God I’m losing my touch lol. Fradly Park or something? Someone will know

Steve-o:
The couple times I’ve been there to tip or reload they’ve always been pretty sound with me. I was strapping pallets they just loaded on me and didn’t seem to mind me climbing all over them ahem… “putting myself at risk” so seem fairly laid back.

Don’t ask me what one it was at. uh… big massive tesco in same estate…umm, palletforce hub near there too. God I’m losing my touch lol. Fradly Park or something? Someone will know

i think fradley park is in lichfield if that helps though the company has yards all over deeside, bromborough , skelm , gloucester i think there drivers are guranteed 55 hrs , i no drivers have left to go to stobarts they also have work out at unilever runcorn thats as much as i no

I have worked for them at Fradley Park On Agency years ago and on the Books couple a years ago the work is mainly ambient goods for Sainsburys RDC’s four on four off money not great but easy work. I have heard from a couple of lads still there they have changed to pay structure it one rate all hours £9.++ and there doing all sorts of back loads now part of Jigsaw i think
John Fox Tm was a decent bloke approachable.

dustylfc:

Steve-o:

i think fradley park is in lichfield if that helps though the company has yards all over deeside, bromborough , skelm , gloucester i think there drivers are guranteed 55 hrs , i no drivers have left to go to stobarts they also have work out at unilever runcorn thats as much as i no

They’ve got a depot near Manchester, I phoned for a job there, but it turned out to be a ‘casual’ contract, and I’d already done 1 of those and wasn’t willing to do it again, it’s like being on agency, but for less money.

Robertthegreat:
I have worked for them at Fradley Park On Agency years ago and on the Books couple a years ago the work is mainly ambient goods for Sainsburys RDC’s four on four off money not great but easy work. I have heard from a couple of lads still there they have changed to pay structure it one rate all hours £9.++ and there doing all sorts of back loads now part of Jigsaw i think
John Fox Tm was a decent bloke approachable.

John Fox is the guy I have been dealing with not met him yet but comes across as an OK guy, thanks to you all for the replies all very helpful as per usual for this great forum.

Worked for them on the agency on the Levers Bromborough contract for a few years and they seemed a pretty decent bunch. No complaints whatsoever

They had a strike in the recent past which suggests they had/have some issues…

44 Tonne Ton:

Tell me more i left in 2007 and nothing like that happen when i was with them, so come on spill the beans

Take a look at my user name and avatar and pm me if you want info!!!

Boatchaser:

44 Tonne Ton:

Tell me more i left in 2007 and nothing like that happen when i was with them, so come on spill the beans

Last strike i know of wast the one down south (think it was a tyre jobor bed job cant remember which it was ) where they took drivers from other depots and crossed the picket line it wasnt long after you left!!!

the g bear:

Boatchaser:

44 Tonne Ton:

Last strike i know of wast the one down south (think it was a tyre jobor bed job cant remember which it was ) where they took drivers from other depots and crossed the picket line it wasnt long after you left!!!

Remember the one at the tire place but not any others, good to speak on Friday as i said think about it you would like it, Its a different way of life

Boatchaser:

the g bear:

Boatchaser:

44 Tonne Ton:

Remember the one at the tire place but not any others, good to speak on Friday as i said think about it you would like it, Its a different way of life

Yeah had a talk with the mrs over the weelend defo somthing we are intrested in, it’ll be next year before i can start looking into doing somthing about it but i defo intend on it