international work

Further to my first post regarding starting out, can anyone advise me on whether theres much scope for international work for an o/w as this is also something im looking into, but not terribly experienced in!

Is it worth doing international work?? who are best to approach?? is it best to speak to local companies like MEC trading and Morrison Freight??

What general PPM or rates do most international work base on??

Again guys, any help or thoughts greatly appreciated!

niceone

from what ive been told it doesnt pay aswell as it used to and theres alot of uk firms dont do it anymore i have a couple of friends that find they can earn more money on uk work mainly fridges though.all that said it is good from a drivers point of view and i would much rather do euro work than uk :laughing:

who are best to approach?? is it best to speak to local companies like MEC trading and Morrison Freight??

Please please stop it im killing myself laffing

Ask yourself why these companies are advertising for subbies persistently

NICEONE,

I think you’re going to have to get familiar with one of the little options, top centre’; it’s the ‘Search’ tool for this site.

This is not me being sarcastic BTW, but it would be a better way for you to find most of the info you’re looking for as it’s virtually all been asked before! It would also prevent those (who are totally entitled to thier opinion) who would tell you that you’re stark ravin’ mad!! Chances are, once you do some self-research you will know why they’re saying that to you. :wink:

You might still want to do it though…

NICEONE:
who are best to approach?? is it best to speak to local companies like MEC trading and Morrison Freight??

I saw a Morrison’s rate sheet once, don’t think I have ever laughed so much. It really was a joke what they wanted the work doing for.

Robbies Dad:

Please please stop it im killing myself laffing

Ask yourself why these companies are advertising for subbies persistently

wise words indeed - add to them Rosewood and a few others :unamused:

Done a few imports from Belgium for Rosewood and the rates were not bad at all,well above the average,and they pay us on time.

Don`t think it would work out doing round trips for em tho.

In fact i know it would not be a good idea to do rounders for them! :unamused: