so s&k haulage

Alrite lads
So is anyone currently working for s&k doing European work, id like some info if poss, any help would be great thanks :neutral_face:

Plenty of threads on here about them, use the search box and youā€™ll see everything you need to knowā€¦

Iā€™ve tried mate it wonā€™t search ā€œskā€ ā€œs&kā€ just ā€œhaulageā€

Try this link S and k haulage barry,glamorgan - #16 by the_sarge - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK
Just did a quick search,this may or may not be a true reflection on the company.Horses for courses etc.A member on here has been with them for quite a while.Give them a call,if it suits,go for it.Oh,BTW I donā€™t work for them .

I did do till 3 month ago what do you want to know ?

fozzie:
I did do till 3 month ago what do you want to know ?

Cheers sir+.
Alrite fozzie, how does the pay scheme work and what would I expect in my bank on average, Iā€™m new to euro work and thatā€™s what i Wanadoo so what sort ov places would I be getting sent to, and should I be prepared to be away for 3-4 weeks, and any more info you think would be useful would be great cheers

Pay is 52 quid a day plus nights out 20 and think it was 27 abroad bonus is split into 3 top middle and bottom if you hit top it was something like 180 odd quid but after you hit top thatā€™s it you canā€™t start again. So if you do a multidrop italy and hit top bonus by weds afternoon thatā€™s it you canā€™t also hit bottom bonus again before friday. I was taking home about 500 a week after tax on usually italy work. They will start you off with belgium work because your new to euro work prove yourself and the worlds your oyster so to speak, they send you anywhere that makes them money. I was usually away for a month or 2 at a time but I live in merseyside so when I was home the truck was aswell. Trucks aint the best usually luck of the draw what you get, I started as they had bought an 06 plate xl with fridge init so thatā€™s what I had easiest job you will ever do and never pressured, the boss neil can be a great bloke or a complete ā– ā– ā–  depends what mood heā€™s in. His oldest son david is spot on and knows the lot help you as much as he can, its a decent job like I said money isnā€™t great and trucks could be better but your guarenteed to get about and see new places with them :wink: just be cautious around some drivers they are there just to tell the boss everything you say , lots of great drivers there aswell. Hope this helped anymore questions just ask :wink:

Cheers fozzie
Iā€™m still not clear about this bonus thow, what dya get if you hit the bottom and middle, is 52 quid a day after tax or before, and I donā€™t fancy a month or two at a time 2-3 weeks id prefer Iā€™m in Birmingham so dya fink theyā€™d be ok with that

adam1987:
Cheers fozzie
Iā€™m still not clear about this bonus thow, what dya get if you hit the bottom and middle, is 52 quid a day after tax or before, and I donā€™t fancy a month or two at a time 2-3 weeks id prefer Iā€™m in Birmingham so dya fink theyā€™d be ok with that

donā€™t worry about the before or after tax thing, it works out well.
iā€™ve never worked for S&K, but iā€™ve worked on the same sort of wage package. itā€™s not a bad way to do things (tax wise).
donā€™t try to work it out, but if you do, join mensa.
there are a lot of BS comments on trucknet about S&K and many others, they are written by ā€œdriversā€ that couldnā€™t tell one end of a lorry from another.
Give it a go. European work isnā€™t for everyone. Weekends can be any day of the week :laughing: .
Donā€™t be afraid to ask questions, Weā€™ve all been new to it at some point in our lives.

let us know how you get on. hopefully it turns out to be the best move youā€™ve ever made.

p.s. donā€™t be an arse licker, no boss likes an arse licker. :laughing:

The way I see it is this. Try it for yourself. Ā£500 take home isnā€™t bad, considering youā€™ll be parked up away from home a lot,in a place better than over here mostly. Unless you ā– ā– ā– ā–  all your money up the wall, there is a chance to save some decent wedge there. Go for it. As Limeyphil said. European ainā€™t for everyone. Obey the laws re hours and stuff. Then come here and tell us all about it.
Ade.

Great feedback lads, thereā€™s always that doubt after so many negative comments but yea ill give them a ring I supose and keep you posted

Ā£52 a day for driving an artic!!! Get more than that when on holiday!!!
No wonder firms cant get drivers.

bristolron:

But Ā£ 500 take home on average ainā€™t bad so you have to look at the bigger picture.

Yes but when you are on holiday you wonā€™t take home Ā£500 a week and also think about your mortgage application- Ā£52 a day is Ā£210 a week basic for 5 days which ainā€™t going to buy you much even in South Wales.

bristolron:

would you prefer to pay tax on Ā£52 and get a shed load of tax free allowances giving you Ā£500? or pay tax on everything and end up with Ā£400?

if youre a novice to euro work and its running legal, i would take it just to get your foot in the European door. Youre not going to find the perfect euro job with high wages, top spec motor etc, just go for it.

bristolron:
Yes but when you are on holiday you wonā€™t take home Ā£500 a week and also think about your mortgage application- Ā£52 a day is Ā£210 a week basic for 5 days which ainā€™t going to buy you much even in South Wales.

You mean 260 a week basic

As much as it pains me to say thisā€¦

Even i am considering trying S & Kā€¦just to get back into Euro driving after 10 yrs out of it.

But like Adam, not keen on being away for such long spellsā€¦donā€™t 1-2 weeks, but 1-2 months might be a bit muchā€¦if i was younger without kids it wouldnā€™t matter.
But at 43 with 2 kids that donā€™t live with meā€¦

I am also not a million miles from Birminghamā€¦but i wouldnā€™t have thought that would be a problem for them if you are away for weeks at a time?

Just to let the op and anyone else thinking about there for a job when I said away for month or 2 that was my choice not thereā€™s. I could be home every week or other week if I had wanted to

If your young free and single, and need, and want the experience, iā€™d take it like a shot ! One job can always lead to another. And maybe Ā£500 a week for doing euro ainā€™t the best, i can definately tell you it ainā€™t the worse either !! Plus the chance to do and see a lot of europe. Youā€™ll look back on the experience and be glad you did it ! I can guarrantee it :grimacing:

Go for it :sunglasses: