Interesting Dashcam Tech for HGV Drivers

I would think the first port of call would have been to message an admin or moderator about wanting to post this here although you are not technically selling anything.

Secondly it may be a free dashcam to do the mapping but it also involves collecting personal data, like routes you drive etc your employer etc, I do wonder about the legality of this, for insurance purposes etc and company rules and revisions.

The data could well be used for nefarious purposes, not saying it is this case but I’d urge anyone thinking it’s a good idea to check with their employer they would not be breaking any rules etc. And also to look very hard about how the data is collected and used.

You also mentioned getting paid for it but neglected to mention the payment is in Honey crypto coins.

Fine for the younger generations maybe but older people not into or understanding crypto currency again maybe an issue for a large proportion of drivers.

Hi Simcor, appreciate the reply - noted on the admin / mod comment.

Yes you’re absolutely right, the payment is in Honey crypto token - didn’t want to add any confusion to the post, and we’re very explicit in our website that it is in fact a crypto project. We provide step-by-step guidance of how to set up, how to cash out to £’s etc. We also have a driver WhatsApp group with around 130 drivers in - all of whom are in a similar position so can always get answers if struggling with anything.

And really good point regarding the the data protection side of things. No personal data such as routes, employer, name, and financial are asked for / shared. The dashcam images are uploaded through the app and it is all encrypted, meaning no one can see which camera uploaded it, and additionally you never share your information with Hivemapper. The only thing that links you with the dashcam is the crypto wallet that we set up for you (no personal information is involved in this wallet). The only information we (Future Networks) request is for shipping the dashcam to you and KYC.

But - I am not trying to ‘sell’ this to anyone - as you mentioned, everyone should do their research to fully understand what they’re getting themselves into. My post was intended to give a little information and to introduce a potential opportunity if anyone’s interested, so thanks for the good points that you made! YouTube is also a good option to get a little more information / insights - a few of our drivers have posted about us on YouTube.

Thanks

All your responses noted but as I already said it will be capturing private business places that trucks go to in images, are images blurred for names etc and signage. Like I say I would imagine a number of companies might not be happy about such a device being used, main roads up to the premises is fine but trucks go into private premises with limited or no public access, unlike the Google camera car etc.