Dash cameras

I know this has been asked before but here goes again, peoples views change n stuff. I want a dash camera , one to record on a constant loop and preferably with GPS logging. Just want it in case of accidents etc along with the idea of compiling a video of funny clips from time to time. Want to spend up to £100 and would like one that films in decent quality. Thanks in advance for your assistance. #ONWARD>>>

I’ve got this one fitted in the cab…

get yourself to fleetwood market. it’s all 12v, but it’s cheap. wired, wireless/bluetooth. he does allsorts. and you’ll get change form your £100.
he does the pen cameras, radio, and teddy bear cameras. his biggest customers were lorry drivers, but now the docks are closed.

Dont think you will get anything much good for under £100, I have been looking for one for the last few days, best I came up with was this but its over £200 :open_mouth: you can get it cheaper if you buy from Korea but its a bit of a risk.
EDIT: the company who make the camera Pitasoft are Korean so might be worth buying from here for £137 ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BlackVue- … 1c25a07a2b
heres the english seller
ebay.co.uk/itm/BlackVue-16GB … 3cc521380e

won’t get a nice one for under a £100 but they are out there, i use the dog cam road hawk thing

I’m having the same thoughts as Switchlogic due to the idiots out there but as I run nights what are your two like in the dark JD and Mikey T,any idea?

The £26 one I got from eBay is pretty decent to be honest, for the money, runs 1260x920 resolution at 30fps, many claim full Hd but when you examine the specs they only HD 720p at best and only 15fps at best, 30fps should be a minimum unless you enjoy slide shows :slight_smile:

The model I’m looking to upgrade to runs full hd at 30fps! Built in GPS with speed and gps overlay, £124

Can link either if they interest you at all.

I’ve no idea what the picture is like as the memory card has a seal over it.

Phantom Mark:
The £26 one I got from eBay is pretty decent to be honest, for the money, runs 1260x920 resolution at 30fps, many claim full Hd but when you examine the specs they only HD 720p at best and only 15fps at best, 30fps should be a minimum unless you enjoy slide shows :slight_smile:

The model I’m looking to upgrade to runs full hd at 30fps! Built in GPS with speed and gps overlay, £124

A link to second one would be good that sounds right up my street!

Give your normal camera to Bertie and make him work for his keep :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

billybigrig:
Give your normal camera to Bertie and make him work for his keep :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’ve tried but anything over 11 hours and he falls asleep…

switchlogic:

billybigrig:

I’ve tried but anything over 11 hours and he falls asleep…

Well the poor fellow must be plum worn out Luke, he’s already done a lot more Euro miles than some :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just a quick side step on the issue. Most insurance companies are now asking for camera’s to be fitted to trucks. One to the front and one down the near side. Imagine the fun we could all have reporting people for dangerous driving when they cut you up and do the stupid things they do in front of the truck. The roads would be empty within a year, shame nobody would take any notice though…however, run half an hour over your time because you got a load on that you don’t want to park up with and you’re knackered !

switchlogic:

Phantom Mark:

EBay item number : 260895745227

Just paste the number into eBay and it will come straight up mate :wink:

Spec and features and compact size make it a potential bargain IMHO.

Phantom Mark:

switchlogic:

Phantom Mark:

EBay item number : 260895745227

Just paste the number into eBay and it will come straight up mate :wink:

Spec and features and compact size make it a potential bargain IMHO.

Review here for that camera

would rather pay £20 more for this one though

What class of micro sd cards are recommended for the BlackVue?

We’ve got a Roadhawk system in the truck, luckily never had to use it in anger, but just watch the vids on Youtube to see how good they are.

bubsy06:
Dont think you will get anything much good for under £100, I have been looking for one for the last few days, best I came up with was this but its over £200 :open_mouth: you can get it cheaper if you buy from Korea but its a bit of a risk.
EDIT: the company who make the camera Pitasoft are Korean so might be worth buying from here for £137 ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BlackVue- … 1c25a07a2b
heres the english seller
ebay.co.uk/itm/BlackVue-16GB … 3cc521380e

I’ve the non-HD BlackVue and highly rate it, just this week it got me out of bother when a ■■■■■■■■ called to complain I pulled out in front and the camera shows I clearly didn’t. Still sad that I was guilty untill proven innocent but thats why I got it.

Spend under £100 and you’ll end up with a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Can’t suggest anything cheap for gps logging, but if you want to record forward facing video of your whole trip for insurance purposes or for future movie clips then just get a £10 suction cup phone holder, a 16gig memory card (quite cheap) and a bit of foam to sit between the dash and your phone cradled in its holder to absorb the bumps and keep a steady image. 16 gig will give you ample recording time per 4.5 hour driving shift. I got the impression you do this already. Am I missing something?