Instructors.... Advise pls

Do any of you guys have any knowledge / experience of RTITB Academy training methods ?

Also I have beeen given the opportunity to do the LGV instructor training instead of the assessors course. not sure which course to do !!
Any info both negitive or positive would be grateful.

Where could i get my hands on some training material ?

Thanks Paul

Do not bother with RTITB go straight for the DSA registration.

RTITB is just a private company so the DSA is the only proper qualification for an LGV instructor

As the DSA is voluntry still i would go for the RTITB Instructor course.

It is like the DSA register it’s not a requirement.

But the RTITB have been doing it for years this is where the DSA base there standard of instruction on.

The RTITB Course if far superior to the DSA course.

And if / when they make THE DSA Register Mandatory in a few years you will be in good standing to pass the DSA reg easily.

Also there is no sylabus for the DSA Vouluntry register. But the RTITB have a sylabus and have had for years.

Come on Rog … cant believe you have not commented yet …

This any help?
rtitb.co.uk/academy/000012.html

The question is - what will you be assessing - just the driving/vehicle safety checks etc or other aspects of what the company wants :question:

ROG:
This any help?

The question is - what will you be assessing - just the driving/vehicle safety checks etc or other aspects of what the company wants :question:

If he has the choice it’s a no brainer he has to do the Instructor Course … As a good part of it is all about assesssing…

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
If he has the choice it’s a no brainer he has to do the Instructor Course … As a good part of it is all about assesssing…

How true :slight_smile: there is about a doubling of the price and time with the RTITB instructor course being twice that of the assessor course.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

But the RTITB have been doing it for years this is where the DSA base there standard of instruction on.

And if / when they make THE DSA Register Mandatory in a few years you will be in good standing to pass the DSA reg easily.

Also there is no sylabus for the DSA Vouluntry register. But the RTITB have a sylabus and have had for years.

Thanks for the reply, when you say the RTITB course is more superior to the DSA, dont they cover the same elements.and use the same methods…Is the RTITB recognized throughout the industry ?

ROG:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

How true :slight_smile: there is about a doubling of the price and time with the RTITB instructor course being twice that of the assessor course.

That is correct Rog, two weeks loss of wages :frowning: thou’ the offer what was made, I would be foolish to turn down.

ROG:
This any help?

I have taken it upon myself to better my career prospects; basically I’ve held my licence now somewhat 18 yrs and need to get away from the donkey work. I decided to look further into training, and with the introduction of the DCPC couldn’t be a better time to start either assessing or instructing.

lennox1:
with the introduction of the DCPC couldn’t be a better time to start either assessing or instructing.

There is no driving instruction or driver assessing in the periodic driver cpc - yes, I know it’s daft - the only thing this driver cpc does not address is the main part of what a driver does - DRIVING

ROG:

lennox1:
with the introduction of the DCPC couldn’t be a better time to start either assessing or instructing.

There is no driving instruction or driver assessing in the periodic driver cpc - yes, I know it’s daft - the only thing this driver cpc does not address is the main part of what a driver does - DRIVING

Really that does suprise me ! I know of some blue chip companies that carry out periodic assessments

lennox1:
I know of some blue chip companies that carry out periodic assessments

They will not be allowed for driver cpc by JAUPT as they are ‘assessments’ and not ‘training’

lennox1:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

Thanks for the reply, when you say the RTITB course is more superior to the DSA, dont they cover the same elements.and use the same methods…Is the RTITB recognized throughout the industry ?

The dsa based thiers on the RTITB.

But the DSA standard is still not as good and there is no syllabus for the DSA register.
The RTITB has structure and a very good course i have held both and if i was asked which is the best i would have to say the RTITB .

The RTITB covers more elements and use better methods.
They observe you teaching a potential learners and giving classrom lectures … With correct methods of instruction.

Remember none are requied by law YET …DSA or RTITB …

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
The RTITB covers more elements and use better methods.
They observe you teaching a potential learners and giving classrom lectures … With correct methods of instruction.

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
But the DSA standard is still not as good and there is no syllabus for the DSA register.

Typical DSA - see that the RTITB is a PROPER way of doing things and then do nothing to encompass it.
I do wish the DSA had competition as it might wake their ideas up.

I’ve made no secrect that I oppose the DSA voluntary register (even if I could do the HPT) as it does not follow a real training & testing regime with a real trainee - if it did then I would change my mind.