Infringements

IVe had an infringement sheet that says I have done more than 90kph EVERY single day thaqt I have driven could this be a limiter problem?, or something else?.

Ill check the tachos today to see if they are the right ones?.

dont forget that the speed limit is still 96kph :laughing:
is it overspeed on digital tacho
is permanant over 90k

i think the people who do the analising are useless whoever you use a large firm in the west mids got its o licence cut afew year back because there cards werent done properly :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:confused: Are you needles set right ? does the speed trace drop to the base line when stationary or is it a smidge over the base line ?

Tell them to go [zb] themselves.

You go to work, do your job, no accidents, on time.
So what is their problem?
Nail the [zb]ers hands to his desk.

Tell them to come back and complain when it says over 96KPH and point out to them that they might want to go read the bit in the highway code about speed limits…

I had the same

Infringments on 2 days
something else on another day
trace not on the base line 2 other days
got the tacho’s out and told them to get the company to sort through them as they were picking up on things 1 day and not another so it was inconsistant
I was 2 mins over the wtd 6hr rule when i told hom never he got the tacho out blew it up drew 2 lines and it showed 5hrs 58 mins so where did they get the extra 4 mins from

case closed tail between his legs looking like a lost puppy

nick2008:
I was 2 mins over the wtd 6hr rule when i told hom never he got the tacho out blew it up drew 2 lines and it showed 5hrs 58 mins so where did they get the extra 4 mins from

WTD infringement isn’t a tacho infringement though.

Conor:

nick2008:

WTD infringement isn’t a tacho infringement though.

Whilst you are correct, i think some companies software is set to flag up WTD infringements. You’ll find this hard to believe as i did but a mate of mine works for Wincanton and he had to sign an infringement for a WTD infringement. Only thing was, it wasn’t even a WTD infringement is was a Wincanton infringement !! Apparently (at the Middlewich depot anyway) they want their drivers to take a 30 minutes break after every six hours of work. And, its in their drivers handbook, thats the rules he fell foul of !!

Conor:
Tell them to come back and complain when it says over 96KPH and point out to them that they might want to go read the bit in the highway code about speed limits…

that would be fine, but there’s abit in there that says some thing along the lines of - if a vehicle is fitted with a speed limiter then its illegal to travel at speed thats higher than the limiter is set, regardless of the speed limit that applies to that vehicle on a paricular road. = limiter set at 56, you travel down hill on a motorway at 59, (as we know 60 limit) = your officially speeding at 1 mph below the speed limit

stevie

I’d believe it with Wincanton - they are on different planet.

ive done well with infringements over the past few years.
Altho last week i did get one for going 1 minute over my wtd 6 hour rule.
Even though i had a 45 minute break for some reason there was a spike shown on the chart even though the truck was never moved . amazing.

my 2nd one of the year came with it also. 21 minutes past my driving time. stuck in slow moving traffic on the motorway. next junction of was my park up so took it back to nearest safe place and made a note on this. also on the infringement. hopefully i hear nothing back as i dont make a habbit of this and could do without the hassle with work being a bit slow of late.!

nothing all year then 2 in one hit. just like buses i suppose lol!

stevieboy308:

Conor:

that would be fine, but there’s abit in there that says some thing along the lines of - if a vehicle is fitted with a speed limiter then its illegal to travel at speed thats higher than the limiter is set, regardless of the speed limit that applies to that vehicle on a paricular road. = limiter set at 56, you travel down hill on a motorway at 59, (as we know 60 limit) = your officially speeding at 1 mph below the speed limit

No there isn’t, that is just a driver’s myth. I bet you cannot find that ‘bit’ anywhere, and especially not in the Highway Code which in itself is only a collection of advice on how to comply with numerous acts relating to road use. Section 124 and 125 cover speeds as far as the Highway Code goes, no mention of speed limiters.

The speed limiter must prevent the vehicle being powered beyond the limited speed but the vehicle going beyond that through momentum does not fall foul of the speed limiter legislation, so you would not be committing an offence on the motorway until you exceeded 60 mph.