Wheres my tachos?

I got an infingement for last eyar so I aksed my boss if I could see the tacho but we dont have them at work !!!.

They are sent to the FTA for analysis and they keep them is that right?.

Surely they should be returned to our depot?.

I also keep getting an infringement for going over 90kph is this a limiter problem ?.

I wouldn’t have thought that the FTA was supposed to keep your charts but I guess it depends on what arrangements have been made between them and your employer, in any case your employer will need to have access to them for at least 12 months or two years if they’re used for tracking the WTD so I fail to see why they can’t get them for you.
I would have thought that you should be able to see the chart before signing an infringement if there’s a query about it.

Can’t see why you would get infringements for going over 90kph when the legal speed limit is 60 mph for trucks in the UK, personally I’d query it.

One of the companies I work for (through agency) asks us to sign to say when we have received an Infringement Notice. I don’t sign them unless they come up with the evidence first.

I’ve had a few for exceeding 56mph too but as has already been said, the legal speed limit is 60mph so again, I don’t sign without the proof.

In my experience when charts are sent away for analysis they are usually returned with the infringement notice, but I guess your company may have a different arrangement.
re the 90 kph infringments, I would only be concerned if your company has a policy regarding this that you are breaking .

FTA anaylsis what a joke! They dont understand the old chestnut WTD 6 hour rule! The amount of times ive had the issue with the gafer on that one, to the point now I do it there way just to please them and have more time sat around.

i know the speed limit in the uk is 60 but eu regulates to 56 why is this, and can you still get done under eu driving regs for doing 60 in the uk? after reading the post i just thought i would ask out of curiosity

I refuse to sign anything that states my speed was above 56mph, and if you factor in the +/- 6kph tolerance on tacho heads above the 60mph law, you could, in theory, do 63.75mph.

When it’s changed on the statute book, I’ll rethink my policy.

Ken.

Big Brummie Macca:
and can you still get done under eu driving regs for doing 60 in the uk?

No, the EU Driver’s Hours Regulations do not set or enforce the speed limits on UK roads. You cannot ‘get done’ for speeding for doing 60 mph in a truck on a UK motorway, provided there is no lower limit in force due to roadworks etc, under any current legislation.

jammymutt:
I got an infingement for last eyar so I aksed my boss if I could see the tacho but we dont have them at work !!!.

They are sent to the FTA for analysis and they keep them is that right?.

Surely they should be returned to our depot?.

I also keep getting an infringement for going over 90kph is this a limiter problem ?.

I think if VOSA popped in “for a chat” and the boss told them he doesn’t have any records, maybe they would explain the error of his ways.

Big Brummie Macca:
i know the speed limit in the uk is 60 but eu regulates to 56 why is this, and can you still get done under eu driving regs for doing 60 in the uk? after reading the post i just thought i would ask out of curiosity

90kph = 56mph

Big Brummie Macca:

I think it would be highly unlikely that you would get done, with 60 still being legal. Any solicitor worth their salt, would get anyone off that was taken to court over it.

Ken.

Boys you cannot be prosecuted for speeding on tacho’s in the uk you have to be caught on camera,there is no way you will be done from tachograph evidence alone for speeding

chappy261:

Big Brummie Macca:

90kph = 56mph

i know that but that is what the eu set the limiters isnt it so why is a truck that is registered in the uk set to 56 when legally you can do 60, if for example you was a owner driver and only ever done uk work could you take the truck to an approved centre and get the limiter reset to 60 and would it still be legal. Im just curious as ive never understood this.

No you can’t legally have the limiter set to 60 mph but there’s nothing to stop you doing 60 as long as the vehicle is not powered to go that speed.
For instance you can’t legally drive at 60 mph uphill, well not for far anyway, but you could roll downhill at 60 because it wouldn’t be the motor that was powering the speed.

By the way the limit is an EU thing and therefore we in the UK are as a member state expected to comply with it :wink: