infringements

got me infringements back today i got all the same thing never heard of this but can u not finish ur daily rest on a break

scenario

1/
lets just say u park up and after doin nine hours and takin a 45 and then u think to yourself i cannot be bothered to carry on so u pull your card theres ur infringement for finishing on a break is this right as i have never heard of it

:confused: It doesn’t sound right. What if you were trying to leave you disc in for the 24, you’d be taking it out on a break then. IMHO a lot of companies love to make up their own rules. :confused:

i’m confused, if you’ve done nine hours driving, broken by a 45, when you stop driving at the end of your second driving period you’ve stopped it’s only classed as a break if then after 45 you do some more driving, whether or not you pull the card out or when you pull it out is of no consequence.

load of old tosh. any probs call me. do not sign for that infringment and question it.

All I can think of is that they are interpreting it as…

when you decided that the break would become part of a Rest period, that the very act of removing the chart is categorised as ‘other work’, and hence the Rest period was interrupted.

Other than that, I can’t think of a reason, let alone a valid reason.

Much of the analysis is done by machine which, depending upon the programming, will spit out all sorts of idiotic results, and if the company carrying out the work don’t bother to check it visually, then it comes to your employer as printed.

As with everything. You get what you pay for.

a typical day for me.of what happens is 7 hours driving break in between then park up for the night or wait for other work to come (never does)leave it on bed till around 6pm if no call then just pull the tacho

teddy_0781:
a typical day for me.of what happens is 7 hours driving break in between then park up for the night or wait for other work to come (never does)leave it on bed till around 6pm if no call then just pull the tacho

So would this be classed as POA?

brit_mark:

teddy_0781:

not if its down to me i could pull the tacho if i wanted

brit_mark:

No, because a POA, by definition, needs to be of a determinate length (to a greater or lesser degree). A Break, on the other hand, is far more flexible. For Drivers Hours Regs, it (currently) has to be a minimum of 15 minutes, but for the WTD, could, arguably, be counted in multiple periods of seconds (as could a POA, when the likely duration is known - E.g. I’ve moved this pallet to the rear of the truck, the FLT driver has taken it away, and will not be back for the next one until…)

Whenever possible, I turn a break into a Rest period. By which I mean that instead of taking 45 minutes, I take 60+ minutes. Which means that if I get stuck in an horrendous traffic snarl up, I can take another three hour Rest period which may then enable me to get home and sleep in my own bed.

Oh yeah forgot about you having to know how long it would last.