Couple of WTD Infringements

Evening all,

Not had any infringements for a while…anyhow finished work today & was handed paper with infringements on for me to sign.

Weren’t to fussed so signed them & took my copy home.

Just having a quick check of them and think they are incorrect?

Iv highlighted them in the picture.

Can anyone confirm if correct or not

Thanks in advance

From what I can make out it looks like you’ve worked over 6 hours with only a 17 minute break which is an infringement.

Simples … go back to who-ever handed you this notice and simply say … until they explain to you what you have done wrong … and what you need to do to avoid future infringements … so ain’t signing nothing :laughing:
The big problem is, a lot of outfits out-source tacho analysis and don’t actually know what is what :unamused:
I did this at a firm a couple of years ago … stupid kid in the traffic office didn’t know what to do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Working time of between 6 and 9 hours requires a total of 30 minutes break/breaks.

Rentadent:
From what I can make out it looks like you’ve worked over 6 hours with only a 17 minute break which is an infringement.

As above it looks like you have not had the 30 mins break required for working between 6-9 hours.

You can have those two breaks of at least 15 mins each at anytime during that 6-9 hour shift as long as you don’t work more than 6 hours consecutive.

If your shift goes over 9 hours you need at least 45 mins worth of break during the 9 hours again no period of more than 6 hours without a break.

Looks legit to me on the face of it.

The amount of people who work at my place and on here who don’t even know the basic rules/laws regards to breaks is absolute laughable. 6-9 hours worked is a 30 mins break but aslong as the first 15 was taken before the 6 hours worked he should be fine, aslong as the second 15 is taken before the 9 hours worked in total. Why do so many people think you need a 30 min break for working 6 hours? It’s not correct, a 15 min in the first 6 hours worked and a 15 in 6-9 hours worked is fine (aslong as you dont go over your driving too)

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

ag1992:
The amount of people who work at my place and on here who don’t even know the basic rules/laws regards to breaks is absolute laughable. 6-9 hours worked is a 30 mins break but aslong as the first 15 was taken before the 6 hours worked he should be fine, aslong as the second 15 is taken before the 9 hours worked in total. Why do so many people think you need a 30 min break for working 6 hours? It’s not correct, a 15 min in the first 6 hours worked and a 15 in 6-9 hours worked is fine (aslong as you dont go over your driving too)

That’s what I thought…thanks

ag1992:

Which is all fine and pretty much what Simcor said above and Tachograph said a total of 30 minutes, which doesn’t imply 1 x 30 minute break.

But unless I’m missing something, where is the second 15 mintue break to give a total of 30 minutes for the 7hr 45min worked?

ag1992:
The amount of people who work at my place and on here who don’t even know the basic rules/laws regards to breaks is absolute laughable.

If you are referring to WTD rules and regs, I’m one of them people.

When our hours are actually cut down to a 48 hour limit instead of the ridiculous limits we have now (or preferably somewhere in between) which is the main concept of WTD, then that will be the day when I’ll bother to learn all the rules to it, and take it seriously.
At present it is a nonsence and not a genuine concept, (copped out by the use of poa) but a keeping up apperances/pa excercise.

The fact that (afaik) nobody has been fined or taken to court for failing to adhere to it ,…proves just that.
So ■■■■■■■■ to it as far as I’m concerned. :neutral_face:
We already have more than enough genuine (not to mention ridiculous) rules and regs in this job.

Yawn, not this old cack again

muckles:

ag1992:

Which is all fine and pretty much what Simcor said above and Tachograph said a total of 30 minutes, which doesn’t imply 1 x 30 minute break.

But unless I’m missing something, where is the second 15 mintue break to give a total of 30 minutes for the 7hr 45min worked?

He hasn’t worked upto the 9 hours yet so technically he doesn’t need his second 15 and should have no infringement…

robroy:

ag1992:
The amount of people who work at my place and on here who don’t even know the basic rules/laws regards to breaks is absolute laughable.

If you are referring to WTD rules and regs, I’m one of them people.

When our hours are actually cut down to a 48 hour limit instead of the ridiculous limits we have now (or preferably somewhere in between) which is the main concept of WTD, then that will be the day when I’ll bother to learn all the rules to it, and take it seriously.
At present it is a nonsence and not a genuine concept, (copped out by the use of poa) but a keeping up apperances/pa excercise.

The fact that (afaik) nobody has been fined or taken to court for failing to adhere to it ,…proves just that.
So ■■■■■■■■ to it as far as I’m concerned. :neutral_face:
We already have more than enough genuine (not to mention ridiculous) rules and regs in this job.

Couldn’t agree more. Trust me I hate handing the stuff out, but DVSA want to see it. But at least I can answer the question, ’ what have I done wrong’.

ag1992:
He hasn’t worked upto the 9 hours yet so technically he doesn’t need his second 15 and should have no infringement…

Really?? You don’t understand the rules either then?

ag1992:

muckles:

ag1992:

Worked MORE than 6 hours (but not more than 9 hours) so a total of 30 mins is needed

ag1992:

muckles:

ag1992:

Breaks
(1) No mobile worker shall work for more than six hours without a break.
(2) Where a mobile worker’s working time exceeds six hours but does not exceed nine hours,
the worker shall be entitled to a break lasting at least 30 minutes and interrupting that time.
(3) Where a mobile worker’s working time exceeds nine hours, the worker shall be entitled to a break lasting at least 45 minutes and interrupting that period.
(4) Each break may be made up of separate periods of not less than 15 minutes each…

ag1992:

muckles:

ag1992:

He hasn’t worked upto the 9 hours yet so technically he doesn’t need his second 15 and should have no infringement.

He’s done more than 6 hours working time but not more than 9 hours working time so he needs a total of 30 minutes break/breaks, he hasn’t had a total of 30 minutes break so the infringements are correct.

He did need a second 15 minute break to comply with the RT(WT)R.

To avoid this in future…have a real break after 4.5 hours…nice cuppa…and a biscuit. :smiley: saves all the hassle.

The Rustler:
Simples … go back to who-ever handed you this notice and simply say … until they explain to you what you have done wrong … and what you need to do to avoid future infringements … so ain’t signing nothing :laughing:
The big problem is, a lot of outfits out-source tacho analysis and don’t actually know what is what :unamused:
I did this at a firm a couple of years ago … stupid kid in the traffic office didn’t know what to do :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I did pretty much the same thing a few years back, refused to sign it until someone could explain to me the error of my ways and educate me so I wouldn’t make the same mistake again. It was like a game of ping pong for a couple of weeks with ‘you will sign it’ and me saying 'not ‘till you explain it to me as that is the point of bringing it to my attention and I don’t understand why’ Think it eventually ended up in the bin…unsigned of course!