Infringement due to manual entries am I being a retard?

So I have been told today I have a few infringements for unknown reasons apparently due to my manual entries. So Ile talk you through the process I am doing to complete manual entries and you can all have a laugh or correct me where possible.

So I remove my card from the previous day at say 6pm it asks my end country which is uk and if this is a 24 hour day I select no my card is ejected. I come in to work the next morning at 6am and enter my card as 6.15am. I am then asked if I wish to make a manual entry which obviously I do so I select yes, card was last removed at 6pm so I manual entry other work until 6.30pm. It does not ask me if this Is end of day or anything. so I then put I have breaked/rested until 6am this is the same Icon is it not or am I just being retarded?! So next off I enter the last manual entry of other work from 6am until 6.15am and begin my day.

I am getting infringements due to the fact it thinks I’m not having adequate rest Inbetween shifts as it believes I am just breaking over night and not having a daily rest. I know I’m probably just being retarded but what am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advanced I now await the abuse.

That sounds like your’e doing it correctly. The only difference with our entries is that our company like us to use the ? symbol instead of rest. The ? will still reset your driving time. daily rest and weekly rest proving the hours are correct.

It looks like you’re doing the manual entries right.

The only thing I can think of is are you putting the times in the same time format as the tachograph is showing in the manual entry process, we’re currently still in BST.

It might be worth doing a printout to see what times are being recorded for your manual entries.

By the way, when you eject the card the tachograph doesn’t ask if it’s a 24 hour day it asks if you want a 24 hour printout :wink:

Also you don’t have an overnight break you have a daily rest period :wink:
They are the same icon on the tachograph but a break is when you stop for 15/30/45 minutes during the shift, a rest period is when you’re not at work and therefore free to dispose of your time as you wish.

I thought I was doing it right and not being a incompetent ■■■■■■ :slight_smile:. So I don’t know why it has given me several wtd infringements for no reason at all, the boss was actually getting quite funny about it to me when like I have explained I feel I am doing nothing wrong. I shall do my manual entry tomorrow and ask him to check on the system and see if I have done it correctly, I shall also do a printout for you to have a look tachograph just to confirm the obvious :slight_smile:.

An infringement for insufficient daily rest is not a WTD infringement, daily rest comes under the drivers hours regulations.

If your doing the man entries the same way every time are you waiting till you get the complete card symbol before moving off ?
Also try putting on rest / break symbol before ejecting card and also before inserting the card …

This don’t stop you from doing man entries but if you move before the complete card symbol which indicates the tachograph has fully loaded information it would assume that you have been on rest / break between these times but won’t record the man entries because the vehicle was moved before it could process your information .

As Nick says if you move off to fast it will nor record the manual enteries correctly needs to be a couple of mins before you move off

senior50:
As Nick says if you move off to fast it will nor record the manual enteries correctly needs to be a couple of mins before you move off

No it won’t. Once you confirm the manual entry it’s locked in place on your card. Driving straight away at this point will not affect anything you have entered.
Moving off before the symbol is fully showing will only cause a conflict for the exact minute for which it is trying to record.

Ash mate, as Tachograph says, you’re probably setting the time wrong because of BST and not UCT.

Result = Complete ■■■■■■! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:
Ash mate, as Tachograph says, you’re probably setting the time wrong because of BST and not UCT.

That’ll be UTC then!!!

Don’t confuse the fella any further

PaulNowak:

Evil8Beezle:

That’ll be UTC then!!!

Don’t confuse the fella any further

Sorry, I’m dillsexit! :grimacing:

My manual entries are always done as local time, tacho converts them to UTC

ash 001:
So I have been told today I have a few infringements for unknown reasons apparently due to my manual entries. So Ile talk you through the process I am doing to complete manual entries and you can all have a laugh or correct me where possible.

So I remove my card from the previous day at say 6pm it asks my end country which is uk and if this is a 24 hour day I select no my card is ejected. I come in to work the next morning at 6am and enter my card as 6.15am. I am then asked if I wish to make a manual entry which obviously I do so I select yes, card was last removed at 6pm so I manual entry other work until 6.30pm. It does not ask me if this Is end of day or anything. so I then put I have breaked/rested until 6am this is the same Icon is it not or am I just being retarded?! So next off I enter the last manual entry of other work from 6am until 6.15am and begin my day.

I am getting infringements due to the fact it thinks I’m not having adequate rest Inbetween shifts as it believes I am just breaking over night and not having a daily rest. I know I’m probably just being retarded but what am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advanced I now await the abuse.

How old is the vehicle (or rather, the tacho)? Early units used to ask if it was end of shift but the modern ones simply expect you to account for all the hours between ejecting the card and re-inserting it (I generally set it to “?”).

Why are you doing a manual entry? Or am I being a ■■■■■■…I stick the card in and start driving. Then when I need a daily break I set it to rest, after 45 I set it back to other work and start driving.
When I’m done for the day I press eject card, it then asks which country? I confirm UK, then it’ll ask 24hrs? I confirm No and then it throws my card out. And that is that.
Am I doing it wrong?

Yoni:
Why are you doing a manual entry? Or am I being a ■■■■■■…I stick the card in and start driving. Then when I need a daily break I set it to rest, after 45 I set it back to other work and start driving.
When I’m done for the day I press eject card, it then asks which country? I confirm UK, then it’ll ask 24hrs? I confirm No and then it throws my card out. And that is that.
Am I doing it wrong?

Legally if you do any work before inserting the driver card or after ejecting it you should do a manual entry to record that work, some people don’t bother some people do, some people don’t need to.

Yoni:
Am I doing it wrong?

Because he is doing 30 minutes of Other Work after ejecting his card, and 15 minutes of Other Work before inserting it next morning? Presumably you are not.

When doing these manual entries you should be entering end of shift and then start of shift.

How you do it depends on the tachograph itself. Read the manual on how to do manual entries for start and end of shift.

bobdebouwer:
When doing these manual entries you should be entering end of shift and then start of shift.

Actually you don’t - Not with the current crop of tachographs at any rate. With these you have to account for all time since the card was last ejected and allocate an appropriate Mode (Work, Bed or ?) for everything.

Thanks for all the replies guys, so from what everyone is saying I am doing everything perfectly right and not being a ■■■■■■. Well evil before you take the ■■■■ can you get your facts right uct or utc? :wink: the vehicles are all new so 13 plate onwards, so like someone has said tacho doesn’t ask for end shift it asks you to account for all the time your cards not in the tacho. I will ask the guy im with tomorrow to do both manual entries in front of me or I will do them and get him to watch me and let him explain what he thinks I’m doing wrong because I am doing everything correct and I just think the tacho was just playing up. As I had say 3 or 4 wtd infringements for this over the 10 weeks I have been here so why have I only got that many if I always ■■■■ up my manual entries lol!!!

m1cks:

senior50:

No it won’t. Once you confirm the manual entry it’s locked in place on your card. Driving straight away at this point will not affect anything you have entered.
Moving off before the symbol is fully showing will only cause a conflict for the exact minute for which it is trying to record.

Really no it won’t m1cks … You need fo wait till the little pictogram changes to a FULL pictogram of a card , the symbol that looks like a door with a window …