Info Wanted: S Harrison, (Near Langor)

Hello Chaps, I wonder if anybody could supply any info about S Harrison & son (once famous for running a fleet of Scammell Highwayman into the early 90s). I wondered if the famous firm were still running, as ive seen a couple of their C series ERFs for sale over the last few months, wich i thought was strange as they never used to sell anything!! Hope sombody can shed a bit of light on this, Cheers, Chris.

Do you mean S Harrison & Sons from Brinsworth, between Rotherham & Sheffield?

killsville:
Do you mean S Harrison & Sons from Brinsworth, between Rotherham & Sheffield?

yes mate, used to have the steam Engine sittin out front. I havent been past their yard since 94!

parked outside their yard not too long ago part of the yard appears to be a hand carwash and not much parked in the rest of the yard.The garage had some vehicles looking like they were being worked on think they still run some trucks erf c series on A plates

still some ERF C series working

Thanks very much for your info, havent seen the S83 yet, ill look out for that in the new year, is it in their colours?. Glad to see they are still trading, albiet on a smaller scale, lets hope they can hold on through the next recesion!!! Cheers lads, Chris

hi , someone made a video of sid harrison it took you right through the comanys premises,showing all the old scammell 8 leggers, steam motor,and tractor units , it is like looking round a museum, the yard is bigger than you think, fair lump of land at the back, worth having a look at video if you can find one, one i looked at belonged to jimmy wilkinson who is a member of the north east truck classic sciene, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: . bumper

I’d certainly be interested in seeing that video if anyone knows where i can get it??