Info required please - Norfolk Line

A friend of mine who currently runs an 8-wheel tipper on contract is looking to expand a wee bit. For whatever reason, he is after some info ref Norfolk Line as from a subbie’s point of view.

I think he has even considered basing the (extra) unit at Stranraer but is still in need of more info about the company.

Feel free to PM the info if you prefer.

Thanks.

I think they may have changed but when they were in Gt. Yarmouth they used to hold a Dutch auction for the subbies. When a job came up the fat controller would go to the sheep pen where all the O/Ds were waiting for a job & hold up the CMR & call out the destination.The subbie that bid the lowest got the job! Happy days!! :laughing:

I rang them up a year or so a go and they were paying about 83p per mile for traction work. I doubt they are paying much more now. Tell him he’d make more money parking it in the sea.

Silver_Surfer:
I rang them up a year or so a go and they were paying about 83p per mile for traction work. I doubt they are paying much more now. Tell him he’d make more money parking it in the sea.

agreed

you can do continental work into france & benelux for the grand sum of £1.05 per mile, and for that you also have the priviledge of paying all the tolls, only a small amount in benelux, but its about 80 euro’s each way to Paris thats coming out of your pocket

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

OK, thanks for the replies - no more needed, I think we get the message!! :confused: :confused:

I must admit to being a bit surprised when he asked if I could find out any info about them - seeing the speed that most of their trailers are pulled past me on the road, complete with their N. Irish plates, already said quite a bit to me . . . . . . . . .