Norfolkline

Hi ,

Got made redundant last week… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: …however Norfolkline are opening a new depot in holyhead and are looking for drivers,so i called them and iv’e got an interview next week. :smiley: :smiley: …anyone worked for them or no anyone who does,if so any info would be appreciated.

Scan

Good luck with the interview :smiley:

i didnt think norfolk line had their own lorries.

Nor did I. I think Hanbury have some motors in Norfolk Line Colours. Not sure who else pulls for them in there own colors though.

The only thing I knwo about them is when sammy jones ran their trailers about the place, a mate of mine worked there and liked it, in fact a couple of them only left when that finished as they wouldnt wear the boxes. Maersk owns them, so they might be running there own motors??

Cheers everyone…they must have there own motors cos they’ve advertised for class 1 drivers not owner drivers,also Deesider informed me some weeks back that they had applied for an operators license for 25 units and 25 trailers :confused: :confused: …i’ll know more on Tuesday after the interview…will let you know what happens.

Scan

Norfolk line do run own trucks. They took over Murfitts (no comments) and run out ofWhittlesea and Wellingborough

and the Griff Nuneaton

They took over Murfitts

Murfitts no longer run trucks, slight problem with having no O licence anymore.

Murfitts still exists but only as a clearing house subbing out work from its contracts.

NorfolkLine own a couple of transport companies still, Dockspeed being one (if they are still going !! )

They also did run trucks out of Felistowe as when I was made redundant by Murfitts I was offered a job there

Rikki,I said no comments when I mentioned Muppets otherwise this thread will run for years.
Felixstowe and Hams Hall finished when NL took over

the norfolk line you have a interview with will be the reefer side and is run from belfast at a guess.it will be working as if for a paddy firm

Tonytiger…its not being run from Belfast theyr’e opening a new place in Holyhead… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: