Indicators, a thing of the past?

In my extensive four month driving career, I have noticed something strange.

A lot of new cars don’t seem to have any indicators. They’ve still got the orange lenses on each corner that older cars have, but they don’t light up when the car is leaving a roundabout or changing lanes on the motorway. I have seen them light up sometimes, usually all of them will be flashing when the car is parked with it’s offside wheels on the rumble strip of the hard shoulder while the driver makes an important phone call, but that’s the only time.

I think it’s strange that car manufacturers have chosen to do away with indicators. I’m lucky because I’m psychic and can read other road user’s minds so I know in advance what they’re intending to do, but not everybody has that ability.

I think it’s time they reintroduced the old indicator. The system worked well and it didn’t need to be changed or maybe I’m just old before my time and stuck in the 20th century.

In other news, I hear they’re on about introducing road side drug tests over here. Does anybody know if they will be able to tell if I’ve had a bag of magic mushrooms before my shift or not? It’s going to be hard to break the habit.

I say keep taking the magic mushrooms, your posts are quality :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed the same thing with indicators, maybe it’s all now hi-tech and you have to have an app on your phone to see them. It could also explain why so many of those people who aren’t indicating seem to be holding a phone. :smiley:

Maybe they are energy efficient some new bs from bruxelles ,lol or they are scared of getting a electricity bill, or just too bone idle or inept to use them!!! lol

I like that Cars as the other are confusing,indicating Left and turning right,or nothing at all :grimacing:

I’ve noticed the same thing funnily enough. Unfortunately my psychic abilities seem to have waned as I’ve got older, in fact they’ve reduced so much I now have to just guess. So what I do is, if someone is appearing from the far side of a roundabout, with no indication, I guess they are going straight on and taking the exit I’m in, so I pull out.
Quite a few drivers show their approval of my action by honking their horns, I return the favour with an appropriate wave of thanks :laughing:

But you could be surprised,as i was latelly.
travelled A 10 west from M25 to Roundabout just after Tesco.Keeping going towards London i went left around the R/bout but the Car in Front went right around as its the shorter Way.

Simon:
I’ve noticed the same thing funnily enough. Unfortunately my psychic abilities seem to have waned as I’ve got older, in fact they’ve reduced so much I now have to just guess. So what I do is, if someone is appearing from the far side of a roundabout, with no indication, I guess they are going straight on and taking the exit I’m in, so I pull out.
Quite a few drivers show their approval of my action by honking their horns, I return the favour with an appropriate wave of thanks :laughing:

Not forgetting to slow down a bit as well… might as well boil their ■■■■.

Sod 'em i’ve sent my crystal ball back to Mystic Meg.

I imagine the next thing will be auto indicators to go with auto lights and wipers…wonder if they have an app to wipe their aerosol automatically too, sorry thread drift, anyway…i reckon the indicators will soon be working again, they’ll be linked in to the compulsory sat nav when road pricing* comes in, the car won’t run til you’ve punched in your route…kerching…then the sat nav will tell you which way to go and indicate for you, no need to use them for overtaking cos the spy fitment will get a semi on if you go too fast…kerching kerching.

*road pricing will come in cos all the silly buggers did as they were told and went out and bought zero VED cars that do 70mpg so less revenue from fuel and road taxes will have to be made up somewhere.

matt3903:

Ha Ha,SCF is a young shellfish,give him a few more months and the humour will be gone and he\ll be another cynical old miserable git like the rest of us, :slight_smile: .

He IS an old cynical driver, pretending to be a younger one! :wink:

I had thought there was a Great British indicator bulb shortage, but have now decided that the only reason they are not used is all electrical power is being diverted to fog lamps…

Most are no longer orange lenses SCF, maybe you’re looking at the wrong thing or hallucinating?

I think, as Juddian mentioned, in these days of ‘start/stop technology’, ‘auto-lights’, ‘auto wipers’, ‘keyless entry and ignition’ etc, they just think that everything is automatic, so no manual indicating, if the car didn’t do it, it wasn’t required, they can also get on with important paperwork / phone calls / make-up / clothes change (seen it twice now) and other stuff that bloody driving used to get in the way of.

Simon:
So what I do is, if someone is appearing from the far side of a roundabout, with no indication, I guess they are going straight on and taking the exit I’m in, so I pull out.

This is the same thing I do, let’s face it, not gonna hurt us is it, and when they occasionally ask (which doesn’t happen often tbh) why I’ve appeared in front of them, I look at them, then when they ask again, I say “oh, you can’t read minds?? Me neither ■■■■■■■■■”, usually has them leaving with no further action :grimacing:

matt3903:

Shameless attempt to get some SCF vouchers !! :grimacing:

think that you are all missing the point.
indicators use electric
using electric causes greenhouse gas
THEY ARE THINKING OF THE CHILDREN!

gotta go now, away for Xmas and setting off in a few mins,Mery xmas all!

Darb:

matt3903:

Shameless attempt to get some SCF vouchers !! :grimacing:

Or ‘don’t pick on me please’! :unamused:

Simon:

This, 100% ^.

hammer:

Simon:

This, 100% ^.

Same as, I just wonder why they gesture to ask if I like coffee beans? I just thought indicator bulbs must have gone up in the economic climate so drivers are making a cost cutting excercise to save money?
I may do the oposite soon and put my left indicator on and keep going around and around for hours to see how it feels the other way round. :grimacing:

SmashedCrabFace:
I have noticed something strange.

A lot of new cars don’t seem to have any indicators. They’ve still got the orange lenses on each corner that older cars have, but they don’t light up when the car is leaving a roundabout

Thank ■■■■ for that then, its not just me who’s noticed this new anomaly. I was begining to think it was car drivers that couldnt be arsed to use them or simply forget but now i know that there no longer fitted, you have restored my faith in these so called “drivers” and it really isnt their fault atall.

SmashedCrabFace:
In other news, I hear they’re on about introducing road side drug tests over here. Does anybody know if they will be able to tell if I’ve had a bag of magic mushrooms before my shift or not? It’s going to be hard to break the habit.

Funny as ***k mate! :grimacing:

He IS an old cynical driver, pretending to be a younger one!

:bulb: :wink: