INDICATION INDICATION INDICATION

Sitting at a roundabout today looking at cars on the roundabout and guessing which exit some of them may or may not take off the roundabout to enable me to think in my mind about possibly thinking about reaching for the air brake and pulling onto the roundabout i had a brain wave (yeah i was a bit taken aback as well good job i was sitting down :wink: )

Because nowadays cars sadly due to the credit crunch i’m guessing some don’t appear to come with indicators as standard :frowning: :imp: and the ones that do I’m guessing the indicator lever in the passenger foot well which means its hard to reach while on a roundabout :open_mouth: :unamused: .

I came up with an idea to get car drivers to use their indicators, because my crystal ball is heavy and clumbersome and it takes a hell of a lot of blue tac to secure it to the dashboard to stop it rolling away…so i came up with a game show…

INDICATION INDICATION INDICATION

Basically as the title suggest its all about them indicating when their meant to, every time they indicate correctly they earn points, and we all know what points mean……!? PRIZES

It’s got ITV2 written all over it, anybody got any other tasks we could add to this show so they can earn more points and bigger prizes for doing simple things they should do anyway :question: :neutral_face: :laughing: .

CC

Using the Inside lane on the motorway?

Letting other vehicles out of side junctions?

Sadly, there’s a an AWFUL lot of LGV “professionals” who have forgotten what their indicators are for :unamused:

The “norm” on roundabouts these days is to give a couple of flicks (if any), when the vehicle is LEAVING the roundabout :exclamation:

What’s that all about :question:

Drivers would get a bonus if they turned the fog lights off in rain or at night :wink:

As for the lorries who do not use the trafficator properly. We need to go back to basics and fit non cancelling switches with a loud tick.

The same back markers that don’t indicate on roundabouts are the same ones who at 3am on an empty motorway will give a left signal to the owls to leave the motorway, and fog lamps the incorrect use of, makes my blood boil.

redboxer850:
Sadly, there’s a an AWFUL lot of LGV “professionals” who have forgotten what their indicators are for :unamused:

The “norm” on roundabouts these days is to give a couple of flicks (if any), when the vehicle is LEAVING the roundabout :exclamation:

Its the European way isnt it?
Well at least it gives you a clue ffs . - better then sweet fa.

Suedehead:

redboxer850:

The European way is to signal properly in both directions, especially in France. Left Hand indicator to go left or straight on and Right hand to leave the roundabout. Even when being overtaken they will flash to come back in.

Suedehead:

redboxer850:

ANYTHING is better than nothing :unamused:

Watch the wheels, they might not indicate but they have to steer. On a side note I was coming down the A5 south at the 42 junction, and entered the roundabout in the lefthandmost straight on lane, this also is a lane marked for M42, and if you follow the lines on the roundabout it looks like you are going to go straight down the sliproad onto the motorway. Mindful of muppets with poor lane discipline coming from my right to enter the motorway I signalled right so that every man and his dog would know that no matter what it may LOOK like I was actually NOT going to leave the roundabout. The Mrs sat next to me asking why I was indicating right :unamused: A perfect example of badly laid out junctions combined with ■■■■ drivers causes accidents. And yes I did clock a vehicle indicating to come off the roundabout racing up the outside that had a sudden change of heart when he saw which way I was indicating.

:bulb: :bulb: How about traffic calming on large roundabouts, just wide enough to stop these 60mph BMW drivers but set out so a truck can drive over them. At least it would stop a lot of coffee bean shaking :laughing:

Stanley Mitchell:

Suedehead:

redboxer850:

Really :unamused:

I was approaching a roundabout INDICATING that I was turning right, Business Post artic was approaching roundabout from my right (we both arrived at roundabout at same time).

Other drivers position/lack of indicators gave me the impression he was going straight on :exclamation: , I STOPPED, he came on to the Island, THEN gave “a couple of flicks” in a feeble attempt to say he was turning left :unamused:.
Needless to say I gave him a “couple of flicks” ■■■■■■■

It doesn’t take much to allow traffic to flow a lot smoother :unamused: :unamused:

redboxer850:

Stanley Mitchell:

Suedehead:

redboxer850:

Really :unamused:

I was approaching a roundabout INDICATING that I was turning right, Business Post artic was approaching roundabout from my right (we both arrived at roundabout at same time).

Other drivers position/lack of indicators gave me the impression he was going straight on :exclamation: , I STOPPED, he came on to the Island, THEN gave “a couple of flicks” in a feeble attempt to say he was turning left :unamused:.
Needless to say I gave him a “couple of flicks” [zb].

It doesn’t take much to allow traffic to flow a lot smoother :unamused: :unamused:

Yes Really,

I did`nt include the “mind game” merchants, I was thinking more of those who actually “show” something whilst going in the right direction :open_mouth:

I followed a driving instructor this morning, his use of indicators was abysmal, god knows how his next pupil was going to get on :blush:

Stanley Mitchell:
ANYTHING is better than nothing

Stanley Mitchell:
Yes Really,

I did`nt include the “mind game” merchants, I was thinking more of those who actually “show” something whilst going in the right direction

Mmm, “mind games”,

Maybe if you were more specific, I wouldn’t have to use “mind games” to realise that

“ANYTHING is better than nothing”

didn’t actually mean that.

The Business Post driver “thought” about using his indicators, but ONLY used them when they were of NO use to anyone :exclamation:.
IF he had “thought” to use them 5 seconds earlier, I would have had no need to come to a complete stop.

That is a case of too ■■■■■■■ little, too ■■■■■■■ late.

redboxer850:

Stanley Mitchell:
ANYTHING is better than nothing

Stanley Mitchell:
Yes Really,

I did`nt include the “mind game” merchants, I was thinking more of those who actually “show” something whilst going in the right direction

Mmm, “mind games”,

Maybe if you were more specific, I wouldn’t have to use “mind games” to realise that

“ANYTHING is better than nothing”

didn’t actually mean that.

The Business Post driver “thought” about using his indicators, but ONLY used them when they were of NO use to anyone :exclamation:.
IF he had “thought” to use them 5 seconds earlier, I would have had no need to come to a complete stop.

Their mind games, NOT yours… :open_mouth:

By NOT using indicators, its a 50/50 chance they are going to go where you think they are going to go ; SIMPLES…NOT !!!

I`ve done some in depth research on the subject today, whilst having 29 tons of sheet steel pushing me along, and, I think your right, its all ■■■■■■■■ :laughing:

Even if they use the correct indicators, they ain`t much use when they attack an island @ 60MPH in a 30 zone FFS…

Latest high tech device for telling which way car drivers are turning!

I use a simple method of divining a drivers intentions on a roundabout.
I look at their position on their entry to the roundabout.

If they come from my 12 o’clock, not indicating right, that means they are taking the exit of my entry, so I go.
Surprisingly I have had quite a few drivers find fault with this method :astonished: , and display there displeasure by finding their horn button :open_mouth: . If they can’t find their indicator stalk, how can they know where the horn is :question: :question:
I have found that stopping, exactly where I am when I hear their toot, and gently reminding the driver of their obligation to inform others of their intentions by use of the indicators is usually quite well received.
I point out that twitching their finger slightly against this stalk will make orange flashy lights on the outside of their car operate. I have, in the past, been able to show them the exact stalk required, by waving it forcibly in front of their face. :laughing:
Funnily enough, I’ve never reminded anyone on their indication more than once.

If someone cant be arsed to signal on a roundabout then i cant be arsed to telepathic,no matter what vehicle.

propa lorry:
If someone cant be arsed to signal on a roundabout then i cant be arsed to telepathic,no matter what vehicle.

With you all the way there mate :sunglasses: .

Simon:
If they come from my 12 o’clock, not indicating right, that means they are taking the exit of my entry, so I go.
Surprisingly I have had quite a few drivers find fault with this method , and display there displeasure by finding their horn button . If they can’t find their indicator stalk, how can they know where the horn is

That’s the way I approach roundabouts know, I love it when they “find” their indicators (when its too late) :smiley: