Thinking about giving up indicating

No one else does it anymore

Maybe we should just go without?

What do you think ?

Ask a BMW driver :smiley:

Also we should remove the red lights from traffic lights.

They mean nothing.

Just have flashing amber lights with a sign saying “sure go for it”

Still use mine, but I’ve always had a rebellious streak.

Evolved:
No one else does it anymore

Maybe we should just go without?

What do you think ?

You still indicate? :open_mouth:

I indicate only where it makes sense. For my test I had to indicate even when I was in the only lane that could go left. Insanity to my mind!

An INDICATION is only useful where an ambiguous choice exists (e.g. roundabouts, or a junction where you could go left or right, or lane change).

Its got to the stage with me now that I actually put my thumb up if someone does actually use their`s where it helps me to continue without having to second guess their intention :open_mouth:

I just pull out now infront of people who don’t indicate

"Sorry mate, didn’t see ya "

Then give them a nice happy wave as they scream at thier windscreen

TruckerGuy:
I indicate only where it makes sense.

Which is what is recommended by IAM, “don’t indicate slavishly” if what their instructor told me long ago, but be careful if you’re in Scotland, drivers have been done for not indicating they’re pulling OFF a roundabout :unamused:

TruckerGuy:
I indicate only where it makes sense. For my test I had to indicate even when I was in the only lane that could go left. Insanity to my mind!

An INDICATION is only useful where an ambiguous choice exists (e.g. roundabouts, or a junction where you could go left or right, or lane change).

Insanity? I don’t think so. You may understand the lane you are in can only go left but a non driver (eg pedestrian) may not and the left indicator may just help someone. It costs nothing and could prevent an accident.

Of course there are the drivers that don’t indicate when they should and even worse the ones that indicate when they shouldn’t.

Regarding use of indicators for advanced drivers.
You need to be fully aware of your surroundings something a lot of drivers are not very good at.

Zac_A:

TruckerGuy:
I indicate only where it makes sense.

Which is what is recommended by IAM, “don’t indicate slavishly” if what their instructor told me long ago, but be careful if you’re in Scotland, drivers have been done for not indicating they’re pulling OFF a roundabout :unamused:

Interesting, why would you not indicate when exiting a roundabout.

Sounds a bit harsh unless it caused an accident?

Evolved:
Also we should remove the red lights from traffic lights.

They mean nothing.

Just have flashing amber lights with a sign saying “sure go for it”

oh you’ve seen outside my house then , apparently red lights are just a challenge not an indication to stop ( i had this point out with some chinless wonder in nuneaton over the phone) , usually the preseve of certain 8 wheel tipper companies, they run empty one way to go and load , and the concrete mixers go the other way depositing wet concrete all over the road on left hand turns.
ton

An indicator is there to let other road users/pedestrians know of your intention to go in a certain direction. If you are involved in a serious accident and it’s found you didn’t indicate and as a result the accident occurred then expect the book to be thrown at you. No brainer really, use it for what it’s there for.

robbo99.:
An indicator is there to let other road users/pedestrians know of your intention to go in a certain direction…

What if I don’t want them to know

Evolved:

robbo99.:
An indicator is there to let other road users/pedestrians know of your intention to go in a certain direction…

What if I don’t want them to know

Professional driver?

TruckerGuy:

Painted left turn arrow on road surface? … underneath the lorry. Left turn only sign on traffic light pole?.. not visible because lorry is in the way.

That sounds like the sort of argument the Filthy Party would put forward. “It shortens the life of a 30 pence light bulb so it is economically harmful”.

If i have one of those super annoying ‘CAUTION! VEHICLE TURNING LEFT!’ systems installed (combined with a nerve-wrecking continuous, high pitch noise inside the cab apparently intended to remind the driver to check n/s mirror) I only use the left indicator if really, really, REAALLLLY necessary

Re: others doing it? Honestly the way some people indicate at roundabouts I’d prefer them to not indicate at all

ETS:
If i have one of those super annoying ‘CAUTION! VEHICLE TURNING LEFT!’ systems installed

No button to turn that off??

We have a button in our DAFS… (horrible things) the Scanias don’t have it :exclamation:

I wished they changed the voices of some stuff like the

“hANdBrAKe NoT aPPliEd!” Sounds like a Jacob Rees Kn0b in parliament…

I’d prefer a sultry stripper from south

"Howdy parter, yo handbrake ain’t applied mah sugar " or something

Evolved:
I just pull out now infront of people who don’t indicate

"Sorry mate, didn’t see ya "

Then give them a nice happy wave as they scream at thier windscreen

That’s basically what i do as well, only so long I’m gonna sit waiting at a roundabout…

drover:
That’s basically what i do as well, only so long I’m gonna sit waiting at a roundabout…

Most people don’t understand we’re on time limits

Can’t be waiting around for idiots