Reminder of an old post on page 259

Roger Breaker

AH - the give your fellow road users a WINK :wink: WINK :wink: thread :laughing: :laughing:

The problem with people not using their indicators is there’s not really a good gesticulation that conveys the message “use your f’ing indicator” so they’ll never learn, but generally I think they just don’t care.

just spent two weeks in sweden

no body there has even heard of an indicator. its bloody difficult to guess where they are going then all of a sudden as soon as i make a decision they change their mind and go somewhere else.

Kiowan:
The problem with people not using their indicators is there’s not really a good gesticulation that conveys the message “use your f’ing indicator” so they’ll never learn, but generally I think they just don’t care.

I use one that seems to work :smiley:
extend all fingers and thumb towards them and then, keeping them all straight, fully open and close them a few times

• as a hand has to be taken off the wheel, only do it if safe

ROG:
extend all fingers and thumb towards them and then, keeping them all straight, fully open and close them a few times

Tried that before, got the girl in the passenger seat going round the rounabout to give it back to me, don’t think she had any idea what I was doing, possibly thought I wanted to ■■■■■ her ■■■ or something :laughing:

Kiowan:

ROG:

Tried that before, got the girl in the passenger seat going round the rounabout to give it back to me, don’t think she had any idea what I was doing, possibly thought I wanted to ■■■■■ her ■■■ or something :laughing:

I missed out the first bit :blush: :blush: - point at indicator on their vehicle first then do the above

Well, yesterday I was returning back to our depot from a drop in Skipton and on approaching the roundabout I had my indicator on, I pulled out and on my way around a kind gentleman in a tipper wagon decided to pull out in front of me :open_mouth: - I was nearly eating whatever he had in the back for my tea. Now I am big and yellow with my indicator on - there is no way on this earth he did not see me. All I can say is, it was a bloody good job I wasn’t loaded otherwise it would have been messy. :imp:

OnlyMe2:
Well, yesterday I was returning back to our depot from a drop in Skipton and on approaching the roundabout I had my indicator on, I pulled out and on my way around a kind gentleman in a tipper wagon decided to pull out in front of me :open_mouth: - I was nearly eating whatever he had in the back for my tea. Now I am big and yellow with my indicator on - there is no way on this earth he did not see me. All I can say is, it was a bloody good job I wasn’t loaded otherwise it would have been messy. :imp:

The indicator blended in with the yellow of your vehicle :question: :unamused: :wink:

ROG, no, Morrisons yellow looks like emulsion :laughing: and attracts buzzy bee’s. The indicators are quite clearly orange.

OnlyMe2:
ROG, no, Morrisons yellow looks like emulsion :laughing: and attracts buzzy bee’s. The indicators are quite clearly orange.

I was kidding :laughing:

:laughing: Monkey!!!

image removed
:laughing:

this image has been removed for breaking TNUK rules