Re: is it me

Is it .cos I would like to know. Does no car driver use there indicators anymore what the hell are these motoring schools teaching um.i m sick n tired of cars in front of me . All of a sudden just turning off. No bloody warning or out. Is it me . Is this the new way to do thing’s. Or is the habit coming from abroad. Its doing my bloody head in. :imp:

if thine eye offends thee . Pluck it out

krystalgazer:
Is it .cos I would like to know. Does no car driver use there indicators anymore what the hell are these motoring schools teaching um.i m sick n tired of cars in front of me . All of a sudden just turning off. No bloody warning or out. Is it me . Is this the new way to do thing’s. Or is the habit coming from abroad. Its doing my bloody head in. :imp:

If you follow a “L” under instruction, just watch what they “don`t do”, its pretty ■■■■ poor when you have an instructor sitting next to you :blush:

I`ve got a mate who is an instructor, he says they just have to get them through the test nothing more :open_mouth:

Just the same for the HGV… Take the money, Get them through the test,teach nothing else. Total lack of on job training now.

No better standards in a sizeable number of lorries or buses now.

I find myself acknowledging others driver say on a roundabout with a wave of thanks if their correct indicating has allowed me to make normal progress, you know the times when you’ve had to come to halt for no good reason because non-driver can’t be arsed to do his/her job properly, can’t even take a reasonably correct line to give you a bloody clue where they’re going, then just mince off into the sunset leaving unnecessary delays in their wake.

Just have to grin and bear it, within 20 years the population will be over 80 million and growing, going to get a lot worse.

I fully agree no one seems to use indicators anymore.

I also had a learner driver pull right out on me yesterday.
I was on a roundabout and they just cut me up.
I never did anything as I thought I would give them benefit and the instructor flicked the Vs at me.

krystalgazer:

"]Is it .cos I would like to know. Does no one use there grammar and punctuation anymore what the hell are these schools teaching um…

:laughing:

Tony R:
Just the same for the HGV… Take the money, Get them through the test,teach nothing else. Total lack of on job training now.

Agreed, the two most stupid incidents I saw yesterday when I was out and about in my car were both HGVs, both speeding in a residential 40 area, with one right up the arse of a car, embarrassing behaviour for our industry :blush:

the nodding donkey:

krystalgazer:

"]Is it .cos I would like to know. Does no one use there grammar and punctuation anymore what the hell are these schools teaching um…

I love seeing posts like this, where the grammar Police can’t even get the spelling of ‘their’ right.

Then there’s the missing comma after the word ‘anymore’. Some folk just aren’t cut out for this grammar Police lark. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

busteredwards:

the nodding donkey:
"]Is it .cos I [snip]

I love seeing posts like this, where the grammar Police can’t even get the spelling of ‘their’ right.

Then there’s the missing comma after the word ‘anymore’. Some folk just aren’t cut out for this grammar Police lark. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Gotta give him a bonus point for typing with his forehead though :laughing:

This is becoming one of my pet hates as well, seem to be collecting a lot of them must be old age. Having said that I find the indicators on some modern cars difficult to see as they are partly on the side and not on the front where they should be. Others are recessed so are hard to see from the other side, which is what you are trying to do on roundabouts.
Like Juddian I find myself waving thanks to the ones that do indicate correctly. Please don’t get me started on driving instructors, see another pet hate.
The instructors on my HGV course were quite good telling me loads of stuff about driving in the real world all from their own driving experience.

What ■■■■■■ me off is drivers sitting the outside lane for miles and miles on a duel carriageway with no intension of turning

Juddian:
Just have to grin and bear it, within 20 years the population will be over 80 million and growing, going to get a lot worse.

But don’t forget we will be culturally enriched by that. For example, I know how the Slovak culture conducts themselves after witnessing scores of arcese trucks turning right from the left lane on the tilbury dock road roundabout :imp:

busteredwards:

the nodding donkey:

krystalgazer:

Woosh… :grimacing:

A great shame really, how the standards of driving are going down for some it cant be helped for others they should know better, the answer is to keep well back of the vehicle in front, then if they turn without indicating, it wont affect you.

I had trouble last week because i was on a motorway and stayed in the fast lane for 37 miles, this was because i was looking for a right turn that used to be there, but obviously moved since the last time i was there. :smiley:

truckyboy:
A great shame really, how the standards of driving are going down for some it cant be helped for others they should know better, the answer is to keep well back of the vehicle in front, then if they turn without indicating, it wont affect you.

I had trouble last week because i was on a motorway and stayed in the fast lane for 37 miles, this was because i was looking for a right turn that used to be there, but obviously moved since the last time i was there. :smiley:

Were you in a Range Rover on the A1 Saturday last, I think I saw you! :smiley:
Bernard

From here on in there will be a very likely possibility of the government deliberately encouraging the lowering of driving standards to encourage the population to accept driverless cars in the not too distant future.

I can’t wait for these taxis to made driverless/ autonomous// robotic. Sorry there’s going to be a load of friendly nice English taxi drivers on the dole but. . At least they will be out my bloody way as long as they don’t put a robot in my place. They can’t do that can they ? . Exterminate exterminate.i think I’ve been assimilated . :laughing:

truckyboy:

Took me a minute, but I got it in the end!!! :smiley: