Im only a simple soul a yes or no will do!

week 1 rest 45hours
week 2 rest 44hours
week3 rest 25hours
week4 rest 66 hours

right chaps over to you is that legal?
also just to get the gray matter working when i work on a sunday
after having a 45h rest fri and sat (well inside 90 h fortnight) and have a nine9 hour break into monday morning which week does the reduced rest fall into :question: the one which just ended is my guess but stand to be corrected

illegal

fuse:
illegal

I agree.

week 1 rest 45hours = full rest
week 2 rest 44hours = - 1 hr.
week3 rest 25hours = - 20 hrs
week4 rest 66 hours = + 21 hrs

The + 21 hours compensates for the 2 reduced rests

but
you have 2 reduced rests one after the other, not allowed any more.

Swapping weeks 1 and 2 would make you legal though.

A week starts at mid-night, between Sunday and Monday.
So your reduced rests fall into the one just ending.

malcolmj:
after having a 45h rest fri and sat (well inside 90 h fortnight) and have a nine9 hour break into monday morning which week does the reduced rest fall into :question: the one which just ended is my guess but stand to be corrected

It doesn’t fall into either week, it will be one of the three reduced rests you are allowed before your next weekly rest period. Since April 11th it is no longer three reduced daily rest periods per fixed week, it is now three reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods. If you resume work Sunday, after a weekly rest period, then take a reduced daily rest, either by taking less than 11 hours or working a shift of more than 13 hours, then you have only two more reduced daily rest periods available before your next weekly rest period.

Simon:
you have 2 reduced rests one after the other, not allowed any more.

Not strictly true. You can take consecutive reduced weekly rest periods, it is consecutive weeks that must contain at least two full periods or one reduced and one full. As you rightly say in the case above the weekly rest period pattern is illegal but the following would be legal

Week 1 Monday - Friday work, then full weekly rest.

Week 2 Monday - Saturday work, then reduced weekly rest.

Week 3 Monday - Wednesday work, reduced weekly rest, Friday - Saturday work, then full weekly rest.

Two consecutive reduced weekly rest periods, one in week 2 and one in week 3, but in any two consecutive weeks there has been at least one full and one reduced weekly rest. Full in week 1 with reduced in week 2, Reduced in week 2 with full in week 3.

Simon:
A week starts at mid-night, between Sunday and Monday.
So your reduced rests fall into the one just ending.

Not correct, reduced daily rests do not fall in weeks any more. Since the rule changes of April 11th you are now allowed 3 reductions between weekly rest periods not 3 in the fixed week. In fact, depending when the weekly rest period is taken you can have more than three reductions in the fixed week now.

malcolmj:

It doesn’t fall into either week, it will be one of the three reduced rests you are allowed before your next weekly rest period. Since April 11th it is no longer three reduced daily rest periods per fixed week, it is now three reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods. If you resume work Sunday, after a weekly rest period, then take a reduced daily rest, either by taking less than 11 hours or working a shift of more than 13 hours, then you have only two more reduced daily rest periods available before your next weekly rest period.

thank you neil thats made life much simplier :sunglasses: