Is this legal?

Hi all
I’m new here. I have just one quick question: Is this legal?

Before week 1 I took full weekly rest.

week 1
Mon- 24h rest
Tue- work
Wed- work
Thu- work
Fri- work
Sat- work
Sun- work

week 2
Mon- 24h rest
Tue- work
Wed- work
Thu- work
Fri- work
Sat and Sun 45h rest (rest finished before midnight)

In my opinion it’s absolutely legal. But surprisingly for me, most drivers I asked about it said it is NOT.
Any help will be appreciated.

Really? Nobody?

Could be legal but we would need far more detail about times, and about the rest you took before week 1 to be able to say. Certainly it is not automatically illegal to take two back-to-back 24 hour weekly rest periods.

I say legal if weekly rest before week 1 was 45+

Thank you Harry Monk for replay. So before week 1 I was off Mon-Tue (45h), then I worked for 5 days (Wed-Sun) and rest as I said in post earlier(24h Mon rest)

205:
I say legal if weekly rest before week 1 was 45+

hes already stated that. :grimacing: legal

id be perfectly happy showing cards like that …no doubt someone else could pick holes in it as the entire law relating to it is a can of worms and open to different interpretations.if they did,id worry about it when i was getting a fine after losing the debate,but they look fine for me.the working on the sunday part may through it out a tad,but plenty of breaks,and plenty of time off.

I’d say that was legal then. Many drivers seem to be under the impression that you have to have a full rest every other weekend, you don’t, you have to have one every other fixed week which is not the same thing. You will of course have compensation to consider before the end of the third fixed week following each reduced rest.

Just.one.question:
Hi all
I’m new here. I have just one quick question: Is this legal?

week 1
Mon- 24h rest
Tue- work
Wed- work
Thu- work
Fri- work
Sat- work
Sun- work

week 2
Mon- 24h rest
Tue- work
Wed- work
Thu- work
Fri- work

In my opinion it’s absolutely legal. But surprisingly for me, most drivers I asked about it said it is NOT.

Looks legal to me

Rest does not have to finish by midnight on sunday

Just.one.question:

week 1
Mon- 24h rest
Tue- work
Wed- work
Thu- work
Fri- work
Sat- work
Sun- work

week 2
Mon- 24h rest
Tue- work
Wed- work
Thu- work
Fri- work

(I’m assuming that the 6 shifts in week 1 never took you over 144 hours between weekly rest periods)

Yes that’s legal.

You had a reduced weekly rest period in week 1 and you’re having a regular weekly rest period at the end of week 2.

The reduced weekly rest period on Monday of week 2 is used to reset the six 24 hour periods and does not need to be compensated for.

The reduced weekly rest period on Monday of week 2 is used to reset the six 24 hour periods and does not need to be compensated for.
That’s what I thought.
Thanks for all your replays :wink:

assuming the week before week 1 was a 45 hour rest then yes, the 24 hour rest you take on monday of week 2 is basically null and void/not bothered about because you’re taking a full 45 at the end of the week. All it does is reset your 6 24 hour periods

Tachograph, could you just clarify for a numpty like me why the reduced rests don’t need compensating for?

Héraultais:
Tachograph, could you just clarify for a numpty like me why the reduced rests don’t need compensating for?

One does, the other doesn’t,

Each fixed week needs to have a weekly rest attached to it, if it’s a reduced weekly rest it needs compensation, when there’s more than 1 weekly rest in the same fixed week, then only one needs compensating to meet the regs requirements

Héraultais:

Legally you only need 1 weekly rest period for each week, in week 2 there are 2 weekly rest periods but it’s the regular 45 hour weekly rest period at the end of week 2 that will be used for that week.

Therefore the reduced weekly rest period on the Monday of week 2 is only being used to reset the six 24 hour periods and will not be counted as the weekly rest period for either week so doesn’t require compensation.

If you want to be a bit more precise about it, assuming that they cross over midnight Sunday either of the reduced weekly rest periods could be used for week 1, so the OP can compensate for whichever needs the least compensation.

Thanks for the clarification. For a moment I thought it was being said that no compensation is needed, which I couldn’t understand at all. As I would never work in a job that would require me to do reduced weekly rests, it isn’t something that I take any notice of. Every day is a school day LOL.