another weekly rest question

is it possible to have two reduced weekly rests two weekends running,i thought u had to have 1 full 45 hour and one reduced in any two connsective weeks, ie finished shift 11am sat and started 5 am Monday 42 hours rest in week 1 then week finish shift 7pm fri start shift 12 noon sunday 41 hours rest, is this legal ■■

Depending on what u did the week before, it is poss to do 2 consecutive reduced 24’s.
ie, week 1-45, week 2-24, week 3-24, week 4-45.

With week 2 paid back before end of week 5, and week 3 paid back before end of week 6, and that payback has to be added to a rest of 9hrs minimum in one block.

As Easter was 4 days off for many then I will use that as an example

Having Sunday midnight as part of the weekly rests is needed so the weekly rest can be used for either the week ending or the week starting

The 4 days off at easter which includes sunday midnight means that the first 45 hours can be used for a regular weekly rest for the week before easter and the last 45 hours can be used as a regular weekly rest for the week after easter

week 1 = 1st to 7th april … reduced weekly rest on sunday 7th
week 2 = 8th to 15th april … reduced weekly rest on sunday 15th
week 3 = 16th to 22nd april … regular weekly rest on sat 21st + sun 22nd

At first glance that looks like 2 reduced weekly rests in a row but …
week 1 uses the regular weekly rest from the last 45 hours of the easter holls
week 2 can use either the reduced weekly rest from sunday 7th or sunday 15th with the unused one not needing payback
week 3 has a regular weekly rest on 21st + 22nd

i think ive got it,thanks for the replys.its the using the 45 hours in either week im not sure of, id had 4 days off easter wkend so 90hours plus off, then full 45 hours off the following wkend 6 and 7 april,then reduced 13 and 14 april sat sun,then this wkend i can reduce again,and pay back next wkend,am i right in thinking if the weekly rest starts in one wk and ends in another week it can be used in either??

longpod:
i think ive got it,thanks for the replys.its the using the 45 hours in either week im not sure of, id had 4 days off easter wkend so 90hours plus off, then full 45 hours off the following wkend 6 and 7 april,then reduced 13 and 14 april sat sun,then this wkend i can reduce again,and pay back next wkend,am i right in thinking if the weekly rest starts in one wk and ends in another week it can be used in either??

Any weekly rest that includes sunday midnight can be used in either week but not in both

Using the end of the easter 4 days off a a regular weekly rest for the week 1 to 7 … then taking a regular weekly rest on 6 + 7 as the regular weekly rest for the week 8 to 14 … followed by a reduced on the 13/14 for the week 15 to 21 … still leaves the weekend of the 20/21 as a reduced if you want to but if you do that then the next regular weekly rest must start before 2359 on the 28th

If you do have a reduced weekly rest each end of the week 15 to 21 then what most would do is to use the first one as the reduced for that week then use the second one as payback for the first providing there are enough hours to do that over the 24 needed as the reduced
If the first was a reduced of 33 needing 12 to be paid back and the second was 36 then that 36 can be used as 24 + 12 payback
The reduced not used as the weekly rest for that week does not need paying back which is the 36 in the above example

thanks,got it now rog it was doing my head in, thanks again

longpod:
thanks,got it now rog it was doing my head in, thanks again

You’re wecome

Its not easy to use the weekly rests to your advantage without getting to grips with what the rules allow