Daily rest confused.com

Hi, I’m getting a little confused with daily rest periods.

It is my understanding that you can reduce it to 9 hours 3 times a week, yes?

therefore you can work 3 15 hour shifts between weekly rest periods, am I right so far?

Here is where I get confused.

Saturday:

Start 01:00, finish 14:00, 13 hours work.

Sunday:

Start 00:00, finish 14:00, 14 hours work.

Monday:

Start 00:00

There is only 10 hours rest between finishing Saturday and starting Sunday but I only worked 13 hour in that day. so does that count as reduced daily rest or not?
The simple answer would be yes because I hadn’t had 11 hours off, but what if it was the other way round. what if I started at 00:00, worked till 15:00, so that’s a 15 hour day, bit then didn’t start my next shift till 11 hours later. would that count as a reduced rest too? Or could you work 15 hours everyday as long as you had 11 hours off before the next shift■■?

cheers

The example you give above is indeed a reduced rest because it is less than 11 hours. Even ten hours 59 minutes is a reduced rest !!!

The 24 hour period starts from where you clock on and you must have that daily rest before the 24 hours are up.

Hope this makes sense.

I’m sure tachograph will be along shortly to correct me if I am wrong. But that is how I understand the rules and how I have followed them from day 1.

Yea, thanks for your reply. I did think after id posted it that may be the answer.

Thanks for the reply.

It is also worth pointing out that daily rests can be reduced three times between weekly rest periods not per week. Obviously if you always have your weekly rest at the weekend then they are one and the same but if you ever have 24h off in the week that will count as a reduced weekly rest and you can do another 3 reduced daily rests after that.

Paul

repton:
It is also worth pointing out that daily rests can be reduced three times between weekly rest periods not per week. Obviously if you always have your weekly rest at the weekend then they are one and the same but if you ever have 24h off in the week that will count as a reduced weekly rest and you can do another 3 reduced daily rests after that.

Paul

Paul has already done it, but that is what you must remember.

For instance you could do Monday 6 - 21h, Tuesday 6 - 21h Wednesday 6 -21h Thursday 21 - 6h Friday 21 - 6h Saturday 15 - Midnight. You could also drive 10 hours on two of those six days