IJ Blakey Haulage

Hi

Anyone got any photos of any of IJ Blakey Haulage’s trucks from the 70s or 80s or North Bridge Transport

Thanks

Spud1960

Hi mate ive got some good Blakey pics from the 80s i will post later, i would love some of north bridge transport though( My grandad drove a north bridge orange F86) also had one of the new F7s

From memory i think the Northbridge 86s where orange, and the Blakey 86s where maroon?

Hope this works

My grandads last new motor before he retired

One of the new Marathons (courtesy of Olympus500 website)

And an early one of my grandad, i think Blakey was transport manager at Robertson Dale

Was’nt Blakey on the buses!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rgds,

David :smiley:

5thwheel:
Was’nt Blakey on the buses!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rgds,

Many thought he should have been!

I remember the vitriol against him from other operators in and around Hull, probably worse than what William, and Andrew get nowadays :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

5thwheel:

Rgds,

I remember the vitriol against him from other operators in and around Hull, probably worse than what William, and Andrew get nowadays :laughing:

Malc,were Blakeys the haulier for Blundell-Permoglaze in Hull,used to have a night trunk to Landan IIRC?

JonB1973:
Hi mate ive got some good Blakey pics from the 80s i will post later, i would love some of north bridge transport though( My grandad drove a north bridge orange F86) also had one of the new F7s

From memory i think the Northbridge 86s where orange, and the Blakey 86s where maroon?

Yes I J Blakey’s 86s were Morocco maroon and the North Bridge Transport ones were Flame (ICI colour), his first F7 (a day cab tractor unit) was also Maroon, when he purchased the 5 sleeper cabbed F7s he changed the livery to post office red with the white stripe to modernise the livery for the 80s

Chris Webb:

Wheel Nut:

5thwheel:

Rgds,

Malc,were Blakeys the haulier for Blundell-Permoglaze in Hull,used to have a night trunk to Landan IIRC?

This question was asked of me before and I cannot remember, but I don’t doubt it, they were not well liked in Hull and had a bad name for rate chopping as I remember.

Here is an amazing history of the paint manufacturers of Hull by Paul Gibson

Other old paint manufacturers I remember were Teal and Mackrill and Coo-Var

Wheel Nut:

Chris Webb:

Wheel Nut:

5thwheel:

Rgds,

This question was asked of me before and I cannot remember, but I don’t doubt it, they were not well liked in Hull and had a bad name for rate chopping as I remember.

Here is an amazing history of the paint manufacturers of Hull by Paul Gibson

Other old paint manufacturers I remember were Teal and Mackrill and Coo-Var

IJ Blakey did have a contract with Blundell Permoglaze I know they did a night trunk to Birmingham and then latterly one to Leicester IIRC

Hi Spud do you have anymore Blakeys pics?

JonB1973:
Hi Spud do you have anymore Blakeys pics?

Somewhere I’ll see if I can find them

Any luck finding them spud?

Did you work for Blakeys?