I received troubling news on Friday

We are getting brand new automatic dafs cf85 soon , think its 340bhp(not sure) which is lower than my current axor at 350bhp :angry:

Our 350 axors do struggle with our heavier loads so how will a 340 stand up :confused: I know the axor gets bad press especially here, maybe I’m losing my marbles but i actually like it. The paddle gearbox is the best thing since sliced bread and it has never once broken down on me (very reliable IMO)

Ive drove dafs before but my memories are tainted with long periods on the hard should with engine warnings, transmission warnings ever since Ive had a dislike for them :cry:

So how good/bad is it , what likes the automatic gear box etc? anything to keep a eye on, look out for?

Cheers TNUK members.

I take it there rigid trucks with 350hp.I agree with you on the merc paddle shift and are actros has never broken down either. :smiley:

removalboy:
I take it there rigid trucks with 350hp.I agree with you on the merc paddle shift and are actros has never broken down either. :smiley:

No mate tractors plated at 34 ton.

Ive just thought of something my name is merc :cry:

Sad when you have to say goodbye to a wagon you like :cry:

merc0447:
Ive just thought of something my name is merc :cry:

I would keep it merc as they are THE BEST. :wink: And you may get another one. :smiley:

I think you will find the Dafs are 360bhp

We run Leylands finest at our a place, they are a real joy :laughing:

The Units are 460, the rigids I think are 230

Auto boxes are typical auto, wrong gear and change when you dont want em too, I much prefer manual, regarding pulling weight some of ours will sit on the limiter up say Windy Hill on the 62 loaded and others wont pull you over Harry Hill.

Beds are ok, seats are comfy once you get em right, but you dont half bounce over them bumps, Stereo is ok but basic, doesnt shake the cab to bits when you wang it up like on a Merc :wink:

I would be devastated aswell , the one I had a few years back was the biggest lump of crap I have ever had the misfortune of driving.
It was that bad I had Tommy Ash recovery on speed dial. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thats devastating news■■? You get paid by the hour? Don’t see any part of this devastating? Sorry.

Think your self lucky enough to have a job to start with, let alone getting to drive a new lorry and stop â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  moaning. If you dont like it leave.

MR VAIN:
Thats devastating news■■? You get paid by the hour? Don’t see any part of this devastating? Sorry.

god help me, don’t think you got the jist of it :unamused:

Wayne:
Think your self lucky enough to have a job to start with, let alone getting to drive a new lorry and stop [zb] moaning. If you dont like it leave.

Cos i have a job I’m not aloud to have a moan about it, have a look at yourself and stop coming across as a ■■■■■ Its no my fault people don’t have jobs :unamused: And if you pay a little more attention you’ll see i wrote ‘‘whats good/bad’’

Ive no drove one in donkeys years so i was asking people opinions, get off your high horse :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Cant ■■■■■■■ say a negative word on here without people playing the ‘’ you should thank yourself lucky you have a job’’ card - it ■■■■■■ me off :angry: :angry:

merc0447:

MR VAIN:

god help me, don’t think you got the jist of it :unamused:

devastating

• adjective 1 highly destructive. 2 extremely distressing or shocking. 3 informal very impressive or attractive.

– DERIVATIVES devastatingly adverb.

Oxford dictionary.

very good rob

merc0447:
very good rob

:wink:

Better?

If this forum had a :craphead: smiley i wouldn’t have to explain these things :angry:

B1 GGK:
We run Leylands finest at our a place, they are a real joy :laughing:

Auto boxes are typical auto, wrong gear and change when you dont want em too,

You can of course control the gearchanges manually if you want to, and can switch from manual to fully automatic whenever and wherever you like. The biggest problems I find with that sort of transmission are when trying to filter onto a busy roundabout - When you see your gap and push the GO pedal, the autobox does a double take and you can almost feel it working out which gear to use and when to let the clutch out. By the time it’s got its act together, the gap has gone and you’ve not moved. Very frustrating.

ive had a daf auto 380 for the last 2 years.its a great cab to live in,but horrendous to drive with a heavy load on.too slow pulling away from a standing start which makes for interesting hand/horn gestures and the gear changes are pants.even in manual mode its no better.
we also operate renaults ivecos and scanias,volvos and mercs.barring scania they are all better in driving terms than the daf.
warning lights on the dashboard for no apparent reason are still a pain as well,so they havent progressed since your last experience.(i got a new one this week telling me every morning my coolant is low when its up to the maximum) :unamused:

merc0447:
We are getting brand new automatic dafs cf85 soon , think its 340bhp(not sure) which is lower than my current axor at 350bhp :angry:
Our 350 axors do struggle with our heavier loads so how will a 340 stand up :confused: I know the axor gets bad press especially here, maybe I’m losing my marbles but i actually like it. The paddle gearbox is the best thing since sliced bread and it has never once broken down on me (very reliable IMO)
Cheers TNUK members.

10 hp is ■■■■ all difference,i would rate the Axor in some way’s and the CF in other’s. Mercedes is my first choice so im biased but the CF will be lower on the road and not as good a drive in my opinion.
Auto’s are only auto’s when they’re not in manual :laughing: