Daf cf 410 on trial this week

never posted here so go easy please. my wurk have decided to trial a 58 pl8 daf cf 410 manual twin axle for the week, and gues who lucky one is who gets to use it , me so ive had to give up on my 08 volvo fm 440 auto single axle so not to chuffed but what can u do. used it first on thursday nite and it is seriously lacking power took me 10 minutes more to get to my destination bcos it is very slow our volvos sit a steady 55mph but the daf only does 53 edgeing into 54 occasionally. also the cruise control stays on at 85k and not 89k, so cant relax my legs btw im 6’2. only positive point is that it has a twin axle so feels alot more steady. so there on fuel trials against the volvos this week. but even if they match the mpg on the rest of the fleet i reckon itl be bye bye volvos and hello dafs. the dafs are also a bit cheaper to lease as well. i like the volvos such an easy relaxing drive. does any 1 have any opinions on this. ps tm dont listen to any driver opinion so there no point in telling them.

easy answer… gun it. its a manuel so drive like a royal mail driver and then you should be ok.

im on the other footing, ive got a 430 cf and freightliner were looking at volvo fm and i would prefer the cf.

Tell ya TM…“Yah love him…but…Yah got to leave him”…SHOCKING MOTOR!!! :imp:

Drove said Daf410 auto from march to october Trunk Newcastle to Leicester comfortable drive & well on top of the job but was only carrying Bread.I`ve always been a volvo fan & drove them most of my life but definatly think the Daf more comfortable.

greek:
but was only carrying Bread…

forgot to add that it is frozen and chilled food mainly bacon and poultry we carry so very heavy at times alot of the times even the volvo struggles.

SuperSmiley:
Tell ya TM…“Yah love him…but…Yah got to leave him”…SHOCKING MOTOR!!! :imp:

Only because it probably has wind down windows :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Floor it in the green band and let off around 1300-1500 rpm and listen to that exhaust…sounds like a quiet scanny v8 haha

Best driving position bar none IMO and I’m 6’2" Don’t even need to push the seat right back. My 430 will match most similar sized motors on the road, but only since it was lifted to 90ishk

renaultman:
Best driving position bar none IMO and I’m 6’2" Don’t even need to push the seat right back. My 430 will match most similar sized motors on the road, but only since it was lifted to 90ishk

The 410 I drove only done 52 on the gps. VERY comfy to drive although the dash lit up like an xmas tree when I plugged in a known to be fine brand new trailer :arrow_right: :neutral_face:

well the trial is over only myself and the dayman used it for a few days and were asked for feedback on it. feedback was very negative but they used more diesel than the volvos. so the daf idea has been binned by tm. so volvos for now, wander if we will try out hino’s.

update, we got scanias a cuple of months ago 420 single axles a mixture of 58 and 59 plates mileage range from 20k to over 300k! ?no idea y as some of the motors average 1000k between nightshift and dayshift. but still miss the volvos and climate control tho also the jackie dannys are slower than the volvos however a plus point for the scanny is the mp3 connectors on the radio. still think the volvos were better but still feel like ive had a lucky escape when i see the basic cfs on the road.

had one of these heaps (06 plate) for 3 days whilst my Merc was in for service and i gotta say they are the biggest pile of crud to grace our roads…was not a nice motor to drive at all imo,the mirrors ‘hide’ behind the window frame and i cant remember the last wagon i drove with a brake pedal nearly as big as me foot…made for some very sudden stops around London at night :open_mouth: !! The mirrors were pish poor when it came to backing around the abandoned wagons in the dark at the other end (dunno if any of u have done our Battersea depot during the day but u wanna try it at night when theres about 40 rigids lined along the side road,the fence,the bays yada yada) and dont even get me started about doing the same in the rain…mirror placement is pants :angry: something about the nearside window/mirror situation that aint right!! After 2 days went to the p cabbed scanny (05 plate,see my comment on Scania seating problem thread as to my dislike of Scania’s) n thought i was one of the lads :sunglasses:…not! Back came my old 52 plate Merc…all smiles again :smiley:

my grizzling is done :laughing: