Hi everyone

Hi everyone, Im Lee, a cat C driver from Cheshire, I drive mainly as part of my job (Master Technician at a DAF dealer) but do the occasional day driving for a living.

Been hovering around the forums for a while and thought id join to see if I can offer assistance with DAF issues and to learn more about issues I may come across in a professional driving career.

Any questions feel free to ask and ill do my best to help!

Hi and welcome aboard Dafman

Hi The_DAF_Man,

Glad to have you aboard. :smiley:

A you could be a handy person to have around. :smiley:

Im booked in at daf on Thursday for a ‘‘exhaust system warning’’. Give me the lowdown on it, is it ad-blue related?

Thanks for the welcome everybody!

Merc0447, yes the Exhaust warning is adblue related, chances are that the dosing module in your wheelarch is blocked, theyll probably clean it out as the redesigned module is not yet widely available
(Read as we need more than they can supply!)

While you are there, ask them to check the VCM for updates, it will put the newest s/w into all the ECU’s.

HTH, Lee

welcome lee i have a question why oh why do daf make trucks with no A/C i have a 58 plate (as the photo )and it has no a/c its bloody hot in here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It seems you might have let yourself in for a bit of an avalanche. My LF55 has its little niggles, but it goes alright and the cab is quite comfortable so I’m happy with it.

why is it when you crank up a DAF truck for about 10 seconds or so you sometimes get no responce from the accelarator pedal even if you’ve put your foot to the floor? only happens on '55 CF rigid ones we got

oh my mate wants to know were is the best place to put a magnet on a DAF? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why are Dafs so much better than Scanias ? :smiling_imp:

Taxi!

Welcome Dafman. Seems like there are plenty of Daf drivers/owners on here and it seems like they all have “issues” too! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hello again everyone!

Big ■■■■, your boss is a tight git! Only comes as standard on an XF105 iirc.

EBGBz, i really dont mind it as I am sick of the stock answer of “Oh I cant help you unless you book it in for an hour at £60 an hour” It really annoys me when people have the unhelpful attitude.!

Cruise control, thats a safety feature so you cant rev the proverbials off it from a cold start! And the best place for a magnet is on the dash to hold your mobile phone. I have a small collection of magnets as I am a tacho technician and believe me, none of the ones that have been tried have worked, you would need a rare earth magnet to do that

Lycanthrope, DAFs are better than Scanias because you dont have to take half the truck apart to work on the engine.

Lycanthrope:
Why are Dafs so much better than Scanias ? :smiling_imp:

Taxi!

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

(dont let gobby globby see this thread :laughing: )