I have solved it!

Instead of putting signs threatening people using lay-bys with a fine for dropping litter or a sign saying please take your litter home with you .

Put a bin in them thus giving people a place to dispose of their rubbish. I thought this was a very ingenious idea on my behalf.

Do i win a prize?.

maybe, but then you’d have dustcarts to deal with. and who’s gonna pay for those?

gorgeousload:
maybe, but then you’d have dustcarts to deal with. and who’s gonna pay for those?

We have dustcarts any way they they empty domestic bins every day and as they already exist they would probably be much cheaper than teams of people having to clean the crap out the laybys.

One bin in a layby sponsored by mcdonakds or someone like that would pay for it self, the whole point is that if they dont supply somewhere for people to put their rubbish it will continue to be thrown in to the hedges.

jammymutt:

gorgeousload:

We have dustcarts any way they they empty domestic bins every day and as they already exist they would probably be much cheaper than teams of people having to clean the crap out the laybys.

One bin in a layby sponsored by mcdonakds or someone like that would pay for it self, the whole point is that if they dont supply somewhere for people to put their rubbish it will continue to be thrown in to the hedges.

Too true! its a shame the council or highways department don’t employ anyone half as intelligent as you jammy mate. If we did we may have hedges cut so we can see all approaches to roundabouts so we don’t hold up the traffic.

i checked one of the laybys on my run tonight and surprised to find that it had a trashcan. several actually. I’ve never seen a dustcart making its rounds on this road so i must assume that the normal road crews take care of it. maybe a word can be can be put in with the appropriate authority. tell them that the pennsylvania turnpike has trashcans.

i cant see it making any difference. from what i have read recently, most of you boys are too scared to leave your cabs in fear of ‘layby activity’ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

this nation’s paranoia is one of the big reasons i want out. where did you read that?

jammymutt:
Instead of putting signs threatening people using lay-bys with a fine for dropping litter or a sign saying please take your litter home with you .

Put a bin in them thus giving people a place to dispose of their rubbish. I thought this was a very ingenious idea on my behalf.

Do i win a prize?.

No prize I am afraid Jammy, I have seen laybys with bins located all along them and still seen empty tins , bottles, full bottles of ■■■■■ !! and neat little tesco bags tied with a bow full of rubbish all laying in the grass, some maybe car drivers but I know for a fact most of the rubbish I have just mentioned is from lorry drivers , all to king lazy to walk 10 foot to the bin, :imp:
I even saw a fat ■■■■ pulling stuff out of a bin one morning after I pulled my curtains back :question: so I watched and low and behold he pulled out the bottom of this bin a crumpled up jazz mag :open_mouth: and once he had found his " prize" he waddled back to his cab , no doubt to enjoy the fruits of his find :open_mouth: leaving half the bins contents laying in the path :exclamation:
I think it was better years ago when you had council gangs clearing bins cutting grass , trees etc, but cut backs by dear old maggie put an end to that, god bless the senile old witch :imp:

still on the first page of this forum
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12211

ah, that stuff. not too much on the turnpike. it’s bumpy as hell but at least its clean of filth.

Yeah, they used to have bins in most laybys, i know until recently there were weelie bins in the laybys on the A2 near Canterbury. You still see litter and bag of it dumped next to the bin though.

The other thing is if you put a bin there some bunch of chavs in a Nova or Saxo on a friday night are going to pull up there just to set fire to it or somthing.

Like Public bogs really, the hand driers are always burnt out and the lights are always smashed…

every time I get homesick about the UK :wink: I can relate this story to the numerous Aires in France, where almost all have picnic tables, toilets with running hot water and hand dryers, some are even equipped with conventional porcelain rather than a hole to aim for and miss your shoes :smiley: They are cleaned regularly and are completely free.

These Aires (layby,s) are located on the route nationale’s and are looked after by the local council. These same workers travel round, cutting grass, tidying and servicing the toilets, soap, paper, etc. They also empty all the bins, every day, not when they are overflowing and the lids wont shut.

just use fireproof bins with a sign saying do not use the bin … that way everyone will use.the bin …

:smiley: Ah yes the Aire de nothings. :laughing:

jammymutt:

Do i win a prize?.

Yes a bin liner :laughing: :laughing:

jammymutt:

Do i win a prize?.

its a good idea but it getting anybody to walk further than the back wheel to put anything in :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree with most on here that there are many lay-byes that lack rubbish bins…and then there are those that have bins (and are empty) with many bags of rubbish thrown in the hedges or bushes. As Malc said the lay-byes (aires) in france are something else…and drivers respect them…you dont see bags of rubbish strewn all over the place…or old bedding…fridges…sofas…etc dumped in them either…
I had to use a train service when my private transport was in the garage…and i was using Marlebone station…however…i noticed a lack of rubbish bins…and asked a porter where i could dispose of my rubbish to which he replied sorry, we dont have bins because terrorists may use them…a plausable answer i thought…but nonetheless a useless one at that…