Stop Press

Who’d have predicted this shocking news?

Dirty barstewards

Although there are some amongst us that are a little disgusting, this amount of litter including what looks like a household fridge cannot all be truckers surely and it hasn’t appeared overnight.

It’s Bonzo who is the only winner here, with the amount of interesting sniffs I bet his tail is wagging like a caravan on the A30 everytime he visits this popular dogging spot. Pity his owner is so thoughtless to campaign for a clean up.

Luckily the council are going to do what we pay them for and have a bash at this (due to media coverage) and install bins that will never get emptied and signage that should say “when the verge is full please use the bins”.

Never needed to pee in a bottle myself, up the wheel works best and more sniffs for Bonzo who would think it’s his birthday with my asparagus flavour piddle.

Ive sat at a layby before and saw umpteen van drivers and motorists chuck their rubbish out the window. Where is this guys evidence it is actually lorry drivers?
I once saw a car infront of me (guy, woman and two brats) chuck the entire discards of their mcdonalds as well as all the sweet wrappers, crisp packets and ■■■ ends out the window despite their being a bin about two car lengths away.

Litter in this Country is disgusting, from fly tipping to dumpling fast food containers. And it’s all sections of society, you see litter in the hedge rows and verges of roads that will seldom if ever see a truck.

If you put a big bin in the layby it will simply be filled by people who can’t be bothered to go to the local tip, same way as a skip in miraculously filled over night.

Maybe we need to target litter that same way as as dog fouling was targeted, but then people pick up the dog ■■■■ and then throw the bag in the hedge.

Of course none of this excuses the lorry drivers who throw their litter into the verges. :imp:

Dipper_Dave:
Although there are some amongst us that are a little disgusting, this amount of litter including what looks like a household fridge cannot all be truckers surely and it hasn’t appeared overnight.

Yeah I think we can be let off for the fridge, black bins etc

This comment seemed strange:

“It’s all being chucked out by lorry drivers. You don’t have to be too clever to work it out. People are not going to have a picnic by the side of the road on the lay-by. If drivers can’t respect the lay-bys where they park in overnight to rest up, then they should concrete or tarmac over it.

Truckers Tizer, there is no excuse for littering, bag it, bin it .
The general public have a low opinion of road transport and this propels the propaganda to spoil our image .
I can tell its drivers as rubbish in the verges, hedges is stuff that only drivers buy, such as empty digi roll boxes, gas cartridge bottles, and certain nations staple diet and the country of origin on the packaging and labelling .
In aire de repos or free rest areas in French motorways, they have a huge bin that you deposit rubbish.
When it is full a grab crane comes along to lift up the storage bin that is sunk in the ground with a big lid on it .
This is why residents and councils object to over night lorries parking up and shut laybys or ban them from industrial estates.
It is anti social behaviour and a filthy habit due to LAZINESS alone .
Don’t forget the public are too thick to work out what they buy comes from.
To them we are a major inconvenience to their daily mundane commute, holding them with elephant racing and poor driving ,with bully boy tactics in average speed road works .

The sad thing is, the only solution the council will come up with will be to cone off lay-bys to the detriment of everyone.

Looking at the pictures, i dont see one single bin…so therefore as drivers dont want the rubbish in their trucks…it goes on the side of the road…I have parked in many laybys where the council can stick up a sign to say take your rubbish home with you why not supply bins…yes i know it cost money to schedule collections, and change the bin bags, but bins would save a lot of rubbish being left behind, especially if theyre emptied on a regular basis…i can say that a lot of foreign drivers do park in these laybys, i have done so too…and foreign drivers in general do use the bins…if theyre provided.

I aint condoning litter, and a lot of drivers are ignorant anti social uneducated dirty ■■■■ s…end of. :smiling_imp:

That said, IF it is all down to drivers, it was the local councils that shut all the town parks (when I started nearly every major town had a truck park, and citys had choice of 2 or 3) and drove a lot of you into lay bys as a first option (not me btw)

So the answer is simple, ban all lay by overnight parking, and provide proper parks with basic facilities for drivers, to eradicate the need for ■■■■■■■ in a ■■■■ bottle, and treat us like human beings.
I won’t hold my breath.
And to you dirty ■■■■ s on here that leave your rubbish, crap, and ■■■■ bottles all over the place, giving drivers like me the same name as you ■■■■.s, (and resulting in even more parking places disappearing) why don’t you either take your crap with you, or simply ■■■■ off out of the job.

Some people are filthy inconsiderate scumbags, and some are not. Whether they are in a truck or not is irrelevant…

Yes a percentage of that rubbish is probably trucks, but I don’t believe all of it is. There’s a small services at the south end of the A36, and quite a few cars use the MD’s drive through and then go and park in the truck parking.I’ve seem plenty of car drivers just chuck their crap out the window before driving off, but who gets the blame for all that rubbish? :unamused:

Every time we visit England we see how bloody filthy it’s become. It’s overcrowded and has too many lazy gits that couldn’t care less, mostly because they know they won’t get caught and if they do, next to nothing happens. Not enough places to put rubbish is partly to blame, and what about all the bs with nowhere for drivers to park up, as already mentioned. I hardly think the black bin bags came from transport, or that fridge. Then you’ve got fly tippers, but what’s the point of going on about it when Councils are doing nothing but trying to cut costs / services in the name of efficiency. Attitudes need to change and if that means draconian laws / punishments and the people to enforce them, then that’s what should happen. I’m not talking about big brother or nanny state, but proper penalties for the inconsiderate buggers amongst you.

People don’t use bins because there isn’t any. There isn’t any because other people have set fire to them for a laugh and they haven’t been replaced.
Same goes for dog ■■■ and hedges/trees being decorated with little black bags.

The councils need to wake up and realise that money is better spent on replacing bins and fining the people who don’t use them, and also cleaning up the mess that IS left than on expensive flowers on roundabouts so their town can win ‘britain in bloom’ :unamused:

It does not matter if there are bins available or not. If you have some pride about you, and have a reasonable amount of intelligence, you simply take your litter with you to your next destination and dispose of it there if there are no bins immediately available.

Those who litter are lazy scrotes. Simple.

Urine staines…

That’s mildly funny on so many levels.

:grimacing: