I got pulled last night - didn't quite go to plan for 'em

For the first time on the M1 southbound at J33. The motorway copper who pulled me said (eventually) they’d had intelligence about me running bent. I.E. Messing with my chart. I asked him where he got his information from as I don’t run bent and never will. Here’s my tacho’s. I doubt you’ll find anything in them or anything wrong with the vehicle. He then asked me why I’d opened the tacho at Doncaster Services. I told him the truth: So I can check I’ve got all my breaks in and not forgotten to switch the mode over to bed which - with everyone being human, can heppen sometimes :unamused: .

I’ve since been through the tacho regs and found nothing to say I can’t check my card’s okay. In fact I’d have though it’d be sensible to do so to save yourself any hassle with the mode switch.

Anyway, the long and short of it is, they eventually found nothing. Zip, diddly squat and let me go without retaining any cards or otherwise being arsey - they were actually extremley apologetic. As I said, I never have and never will run bent, so whoever you were at Donny services, and I’ve got a good idea - a nice new MAN, I’ve got the name of your firm and their 'phone no, I might just ring your gaffer and tell them what a ■■■■ they’ve hired, I hope your pleased with yourself and your nights work :unamused: :smiling_imp: .

Rant over. :unamused:

your right lib…you are allowed to check you card, but only for a few seconds and please ensure you fill in the reverse of you chart to record why you removed it.as you could be asked why . :wink: :wink: and as a matter of course i’d be on the phone now and asking the said company who the driver was and tell him to mind his own buisness mate.but i’m sure you’ll run into him :wink: deliberitly or not :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: but he will know you where not happy at him trying to stitch you up :laughing:

have you upset any trucknet member :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
have you upset any trucknet member :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not recently :laughing: . If I ever meet him again (perhaps I shouldn’t say things on here like this), but I garuntee he won’t walk away from me.

Like I’ve said before…

If you want to stay legal,then purchase an Hour Guard fron Davey Driver.

No more opening your tacho to check if you’ve had your breaks,keeps you legal,and helps you get one over on the authorities when you need to.

Available at all good truck stops,or direct from Davey himself.

I’m also available for voice overs,parties etc…:grimacing:

Ken.

Uhhhrrrr, I’ll have to get some new batteries for it Quinny. I’d still check the tacho, just to make sure I’ve flipped the Mode Switch over, like I said, we’re all human :wink: :grimacing: :unamused: .

Quinny:
Like I’ve said before…

If you want to stay legal,then purchase an Hour Guard fron Davey Driver.

You STILL forgot to tell the Lads and Lasses that there is a special Offer in the Hour Guard Forum Ken :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just a view from an outsider here …

All the recent chat about reporting those that fiddle, highly supported by a large percentage of t/net members (not sure if you supported it or not Lib), does it REALLY matter ■■?

If you run 100% legal & support those that do, then really this guy is if anything backing up your own way of working & maybe will cause problems for the “enemy” ■■?

I kept out of the previous debate because I do really beleive in “live & let live” TO A POINT !!! I know a couple of O’D’s that have their own rules & would never dream of squawking on them, no more than most of us would about Mr. Average motorist doing 85/90 on a motorway ? No difference I can see UNLESS they run 24/7 or drive under the influence … but like I say that’s only MY opinion & I would never try to force it upon anybody.

I can see why you’re a bit peeved, but as you were & always are 100% legal, it’s no hardship to you & one day he might save somebody’s life ? (again, I just couldn’t do it, but the older I get, the more I realise that not everybody has to think like me).

I have no intentions of getting into a t/n squabble about all this, just wanted to pipe up with an alternative version of the way you see it. Keep running legal m8 & you can smile at him every time you see him :smiley: Also bear in mind that no matter what he looks like – it could be a daft move to take it further, you just never know :wink:

You STILL forgot to tell the Lads and Lasses that there is a special Offer in the Hour Guard Forum Ken

Silly me. :blush:

Order direct,and receive a discount.Just quote ‘Trucknet’ when you order,and you will receive it automatically. :smiley: (If I remember correctly,it’s somewhere in the region of 25%.So instead of the retail of £29.99,it’s £22.99.■■■■ fine value to me!!!)

Ken.

.Just quote ‘Trucknet’ when you order,and you will receive it automatically. :smiley: (If I remember correctly,it’s somewhere in the region of 25%.So instead of the retail of £29.99,it’s £22.99.■■■■ fine value to me!!!)

Ken.

LOL Ken Visit the Forum mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Something to do with Froggy’s Lol

Just quote ‘Trucknet’

TruckNet…with a capital N, Quinny… :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Some members…no dedication… :unamused: :confused: :wink: :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Toytown:
Just a view from an outsider here …

All the recent chat about reporting those that fiddle, highly supported by a large percentage of t/net members (not sure if you supported it or not Lib), does it REALLY matter ■■?

If you run 100% legal & support those that do, then really this guy is if anything backing up your own way of working & maybe will cause problems for the “enemy” ■■?

I kept out of the previous debate because I do really beleive in “live & let live” TO A POINT !!! I know a couple of O’D’s that have their own rules & would never dream of squawking on them, no more than most of us would about Mr. Average motorist doing 85/90 on a motorway ? No difference I can see UNLESS they run 24/7 or drive under the influence … but like I say that’s only MY opinion & I would never try to force it upon anybody.

I can see why you’re a bit peeved, but as you were & always are 100% legal, it’s no hardship to you & one day he might save somebody’s life ? (again, I just couldn’t do it, but the older I get, the more I realise that not everybody has to think like me).

I have no intentions of getting into a t/n squabble about all this, just wanted to pipe up with an alternative version of the way you see it. Keep running legal m8 & you can smile at him every time you see him :smiley: Also bear in mind that no matter what he looks like – it could be a daft move to take it further, you just never know :wink:

Wise words indeed Toytown. I must admit I see the sense in what your saying now I’m a bit calmer about it, I was just incredibley annoyed that it had to happen to me, because I do run leagl. I wanted to give the arsey little sod a slap earlier on, but like I say, I’ve calmed down now. I won’t exactly shake his hand next time I see him, but I think the reaction to those who can and do report is: Just be ■■■■ sure that you’ve got it right when you do ring it in and don’t be giving the guys and girls who are trying their damndest to stay on the right side of the law grief. You might find yourself in the same position one day. How would you feel?

Something to do with Froggy’s Lol

Flamin 'eck.79 Euros. :open_mouth: Stand and deliver.(At least ■■■■ Turpin wore a mask.)

TruckNet…with a capital N, Quinny…

Some members…no dedication…

TruckNet…Some people are never happy. :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Amazing, Ive never known it, drivers phoning the law on other drivers, still a lot has changed over the years.

What’s interesting over this issue,is that the powers that be,react to a phone call,which I would find to be most unusual.Surely they would need more evidence than just this for to proceed with an investigation.

Ken.

Quinny:
What’s interesting over this issue,is that the powers that be,react to a phone call,which I would find to be most unusual.Surely they would need more evidence than just this for to proceed with an investigation.

Ken.

Probabley nothing better to do on a Friday night. Have you seen the VOSA 'phone list Mal?

Have to agree with Ken and Mal. I can’t see the plod dropping everything from a phone call from some random about another driver running bent and sitting there waiting. I’m sure they’ve got plenty to do on a Friday night in reality… with it being a Friday night… etc.

Also, two other things which don’t add up :

1. If you’d come out of Doncaster services which is at the end of M180 and got pulled at M1 J33 how the hell did the copper know which way you’d be going from the services :question: Also, you said you were pulled southbound on the M1 so you must have taken a bizarre route to get there :open_mouth: . The end of the M18 joins the M1 at J32 so if you’d gone that way you would have been going northbound :bulb: or you’ve gone up to the M62 to Lofthouse and then down the M1 which no-one in the right mind would do, or you’ve cut across Doncaster centre and Rotherham way and come out there :confused: .

Whichever way, the question still stinds - how is there a connection between this particular copper “who’s been reliably informed” and the geezer at Donny services :question: . Several parts of the jigsaw seem to be missing to me.

1. What happened between this MAN driver and yourself at the services to make you think he phoned the plod :question:

:confused:

Liberace:
Have you seen the VOSA 'phone list Mal?

No Lib, I aint to tell you the truth, I spose theres all sorts on it tho?

Having had a look at DaveL’s post, it seems that plod will react to a 'phone call from a driver. For your information Rob, nothing “happened” between us. He was already at the services when I pulled in, parked in a corner so as not to wake anyone up, he was awake (their were about five/six wagons in their). The thing that makes me suspicious of him is that when I took my tacho out to have a look at it, he made a right old face and watched quite intentley from across the way. I ignored him. He then went into the services and got back in his cab. When I pulled out, he was on the 'phone - overly difficult to make the connection?

Good point with No 1 though. I can’t think of how they’d know, unless they’d been given my reg no.

Liberace:
Having had a look at DaveL’s post, it seems that plod will react to a 'phone call from a driver. For your information Rob, nothing “happened” between us. He was already at the services when I pulled in, parked in a corner so as not to wake anyone up, he was awake (their were about five/six wagons in their). The thing that makes me suspicious of him is that when I took my tacho out to have a look at it, he made a right old face and watched quite intentley from across the way. I ignored him. He then went into the services and got back in his cab. When I pulled out, he was on the 'phone - overly difficult to make the connection?

Good point with No 1 though. I can’t think of how they’d know, unless they’d been given my reg no.

Maybe it was one of the ‘grassers’ of this site :question: :grimacing: We seem to have a few that think nothing of belling up the Plod when they see something they don’t like the look of :open_mouth: . Who was the guy who was going to post the rego numbers of everyone he saw on the road that wasn’t driving how he liked them to :question: :open_mouth: :frowning: . Might have been him :bulb: . Should quit his job and get one in security - they’re all part of www.jobsworthclub.com :smiling_imp:

Hi Lib,

Now one or two on here could learn a lot from you :wink:

What a pleasant surprise for somebody else (me a non driver now) to shed a different light on somebody elses views (yours) & NOT be shot down in flames :smiley: I do think theres to many self appointed jobsworths in most industries now, & I have never phoned to report another driver & doubtful that I ever will unless I see a drunk weaving & likely to kill somebody, or a lunatic road racing in an area kids are playing.

I have run with guys that run very bent (doing an extra run when I’m on time off) & to be honest, most of them get used to it. I’m not condoning it, just saying that we all have different tolerances to pain, lack of sleep, stress etc. & the laws are a generalisation.

I have, on dozens of ocaisions, finished a short working day at 3pm, only to be asked to have my time off & run at midnight & then run a 15 hr spread. Safe — NO WAY !!! no sleep because between 3pm & midnight I’m still wide awake, BUT of course 100% leagl. Then on other occaisions, I have started at 3am after a decent rest & then run out of time at 4pm on a friday, just 50 miles from home. 4pm, not tired, want to get home :unamused: … illegal but not as dangerous as the above (IMHO).

Like it or not, there’s always those that will run bent & some of the poor sods have to. It’s very easy to be a critic when theres a regular wage coming in, but not always as easy to be legal or politically correct when the wolf is at the door.

One instance that springs to mind is “Fred” who was an owner driver for a few years, blundering along 99% legal & lands a regular job with a new company. Is forced to buy a new truck & trailer on 3 yr lease. 1 year on from this, the company goes bust. He’s up to his eyes in finance that has an outstanding settlement of less than the worth of the truck & added to this has just been hit for a few grand. WHAT would all the “good guys” do in this situation if the only work was low paid (boxes or whatever) ? ME … Yes I would bend the rules to keep the customer happy, work as much as I could to pay off the debts. The other answer is to go bust & maybe lose the home & everything else ! I agree it’s WRONG – but many of those that play critic have never (& will never) be in this position.

I will probably wish I had kept my trap shut on this one, but it might just shed some light on why some do it. The real world is sometimes a lot different to having the comfort zone of a regular job & in my experience, most (not all) of those that shout, have never been self employed & really don’t understand the pressures & worry it can cause.

tin hat at the ready :smiley: