Am I done for?

Parked up last night at 2015, managed to bag over 4 hours on break during the day so thought bonus gonna have a split rest. So 2015 last night I took me card out 0505 half alseep and needing a pee I accidentally put me card back in. Obviously 10 mins early on a split or even a reduce I sat there until 0525 before I moved to show my checks etc and did a print out and explanation. Just asking what vosa dvsa or whatever they fancy calling themselves would say about this!? :frowning: :blush:

They might wonder how you could manage to put your card in when you were trying to go to the loo ■■?

What kind of fancy tacho do you have?

You certainly have some ■■■■ creek action going on there! :laughing:

Seriously, don’t lose any sleep over it.

OMG this is bad, I don’t think you will even be able to lube up for this offence, I believe you will be called before our Bev and given a rough ■■■■■■■■ buggering with a sandpaper covered strap-on (allegedly).

Or just make 2 printouts (hand one in and keep one yourself in a folder called ‘Ooops’ ) and write your excuses on the back and hope for the best, unless your best hope is above then just act daft. :slight_smile:.

In future remember the golden rule PTCC (■■■■, Tea, Card, Checks)

PTCC I like that one! :slight_smile:
Seriously considering adding a ski to me name and jumping ship for this crime, and I wasn’t thinking of the children either :open_mouth: :frowning:
Gonna get dragged through the mill by the tacho guy at work let alone the ministry!! But the ministry want it out of me pocket.

Now I’m wondering what shape your todger is if you wanted a pish and ended up putting your card in! Strange time my friend, strange times.

If I could hit the tacho when I got up for a ■■■■ both my wife and I would have a permanent massive smile. And a limp.

Best advise I can give is DO NOT tell them that you “accidentally” put your card back in while going to “water the horse” or be prepared for extensive scrutiny, think of a better excuse.

I can only say I woke up to the alarm, needing to wash the wheel (yes I was on an industrial estate) got out of bed one eye open and must have knocked me card in stumbling about trying to get my boots on and out the door. Lesson learnt don’t leave your digi card hanging out of the slot after it’s ejected.
I’d before happy telling vosa if I’d knocked it in with me pecker!! I’d tell everyone!!! :grimacing:

Why take your card out in the first place?

happysack:

Yes, that’s the thing, the whole point of a digital tachograph is to keep a continuous record of your activity including rest periods, the card should never be taken out unless somebody else is likely to drive the truck.

happysack:

+1. Although in fairness I removed my card tonight, but only because I’m parked right up close to the only car that hasn’t gone home yet and I wanted to move forward ten feet once he’d gone.

Moving off the card? Ridiculous. Think of the children.

+2 would have printout to explain move

Yeah riiiight! If you think I’m going to do a printout to explain away a ten foot movement you’ve another think coming. In the real world it will never ever be called into question. If by some micro chance it ever was what’s to stop me saying “dunno officer, I was back in the yard that night”, plus if they wanted to dig deeper and actually hit me with a FPN I’d politely decline their offer and elect for a court date.

Could you imagine DVSA presenting their evidence of the heinous crime of moving a fully insured vehicle the total of ten feet to Lt Col (ret) Tarquin Cringeworthy whilst I stand in front of him shrugging my shoulders giving him a knowing wink that says “I can’t believe these clowns are wasting your precious time”. Nope, not gonna happen.

Why would it make any difference to put the card in before your due starting time ? You could have put it in to check your time but not go on duty. I know it’s a different country but here if I change to off duty, then log out, I can log back in ‘off duty’ and it has no effect because I have to check what time I can start.

Young_AL:
Gonna get dragged through the mill by the tacho guy at work let alone the ministry!! But the ministry want it out of me pocket.

:laughing: very good.

Yeah, they’ll shoot you for that nowadays. :slight_smile:

Young_AL:
I can only say I woke up to the alarm, needing to wash the wheel (yes I was on an industrial estate) got out of bed one eye open and must have knocked me card in stumbling about trying to get my boots on and out the door. Lesson learnt don’t leave your digi card hanging out of the slot after it’s ejected.
I’d before happy telling vosa if I’d knocked it in with me pecker!! I’d tell everyone!!! :grimacing:

I can’t understand why you needed to put on your boots to go forra ■■■■■ :question:
Most drivers I know can just ■■■■ straight out of the window. :laughing: