First night out...

Got myself a 57 plate EuroCargo, 6 spd with ‘Zoflora’ emblazoned all over it and my first digi tacho unit, went thru menus, easy peasy,set off at 05:28, by 05:33 I was panicking and about to ring the client cos the digi was flashing “No card inserted” and beeping :confused: stopped and checked and rechecked went to eject card, it wouldn’t do it I then tried to change mode :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: , I ejected it from slot 2 and put it in slot 1 and everything was all okay :blush: :blush: :blush: .

I had 3 drops, Sainsburys, Oddesden 12:30 weds; Bestway, Ilford iirc 09:00-1600 weds; and Morrison’s, Burton Latimer 09:00 Thurs. What a great intro to RDC’s NOT :angry: . WTF is that all about at Sainsburys, standing on bay whilst wagon is tipped?

Planned to stop at Alconbury…I know, I know its SHUT DOWN now :confused: :blush:
I was almost out of hours (lorry fire on M1, Weds, hope driver is okay) and took a 45 on the kerb outside, client wanted me to stay in a MSA/Truckstop (insurance reasons i think) so I eventually found my way to Brampton Hut. And who was the dirty ********* that took a dump in the bushes that night, FFS.

I was up at 06:00 and had a McWash, stuffed my Bob the Builder duvet away and set off for Burton Latimer at 08:00 got there in plenty of time, security told me I wasn’t booked till 13:00 :angry: :angry: :angry: , so I let rip on the poor fella, he was pulling my ■■■■■■ :blush: :blush: :blush: I had a total sense of humour failure, ended up bessy mates with him :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Tipped the 1 pallet and waited an hour for them to sign my notes :frowning: , how long does it take to check one ■■■■■■ pallet and stamp the tickets, or is because they have to book it onto their stock control system before letting me on my way, this part is nowt to do with me, one fella had been there 4 hrs i think whist his load was rechecked a couple of times :cry: .

I had a nice run back up the A14/M1 and got an earlyish finish :smiley:

Good smilies dude, shame the run sucked :exclamation:

Hi madbaz, glad you seem to be liking tramping, it’s fun and games really! :laughing:

Incidentally, when you say “what a great intro to RDC’s”, you may well have been joking, but in all honesty, it really was a great intro to them because that whole “hour to tip 1 pallet” is the norm and if you had been in and out within 20 mins or less it would have been a false impression :laughing: :laughing:

Anyhoo, keep us all posted with your tramping escapdes, and let me know if you have to go to Weetabix in Burton Latimer - I was there a few times, what a maze :open_mouth:

Cheers, Paul

MADBAZ:
. And who was the dirty ********* that took a dump in the bushes that night, FFS.

That was me, sorry about that but when you gotta go, you gotta go! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

MADBAZ:
set off for Burton Latimer

Tipped the 1 pallet and waited an hour for them to sign my notes :frowning: , how long does it take to check one ■■■■■■ pallet and stamp the tickets, or is because they have to book it onto their stock control system before letting me on my way, this part is nowt to do with me, one fella had been there 4 hrs i think whist his load was rechecked a couple of times :cry: .

Welcome to Morrisons.

I was in Burton Latimer on Tuesday,on the chilled side,and they actually weren’t that bad,however,I was at Droitwich today,again with chilled,and I arrived at 08.55,with 8 pallets,and left at 12.40. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Have to say though,every minus has a plus,and it’s one of the RDC’s where you can still use the canteen,as it’s run by DHL,and of course it was rude not to have 2 bacon,2 sausage,beans,tomatoes,toast and tea,for £1.90. :smiley:

Get used to it with Morrisons,as it’s the same at all of their RDC’s,in fact all supermarket RDC’s are pants,ask anyone on here.

Ken.

What gets my goat is the flippin stupid rules and the paperwork, I got off lucky compared to some of the horror stories I’ve read about, I really liked it and can’t wait for more (puts tongue in cheek), I’ve made a few boo boos this last fortnight but I’m learnig quickly. It’s so much better than loading/programming a CNC for 12 hours thats for sure.

H+S Gestapo struck again today :exclamation: I got myself a transpennine dash, delivering ducting to Wiston Hospital (St Helens), I had to have beacons fitted for the 30’ drive onto the site :confused: I wasn’t allowed to get on the bed of the truck to turn a 6’ cage (on castors up against headboard) round right way for Manitou driver,I just said “I’m in charge of this load and insured & sensible, if you don’t want it, you sign my notes as to why and I’ll be on my way” I was duly tipped and quickly on my way to joining the back of the queue on the M62 :cry: .

Harry Monk:

MADBAZ:
. And who was the dirty ********* that took a dump in the bushes that night, FFS.

That was me, sorry about that but when you gotta go, you gotta go! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just nipped back from Switzerland did you Harry?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TC

The_Catman:

Harry Monk:

MADBAZ:

Just nipped back from Switzerland did you Harry?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TC

A stolen quote from another post :smiley: :smiley:

DEANB:

greg50:
i often wondered why they have those type of toilets in modern europe.
they are what the arabs use,its something to do with the koran and islam i think.
the arabs are still living in the 10th century.
its uncivilised anyway and not very convenient unless you wear a dress like the arabs do.

Hey Greg

I couldnt and wouldnt use one of those [zb] pits,i would rather vent tanks
under a bush somewhere with toilet roll in hand! :laughing:

Most of the main service areas now seem to have the traditional toilets
although alot of the layby rest areas still have these awful ones.

H+S Gestapo struck again today I wasn’t allowed to get on the bed of the truck to turn a 6’ cage (on castors up against headboard) round right way for Manitou driver

It’s not that they give a toss for your Health & Safety it’s just so they can update the little notice board saying 142 days since an accident.

8wheels:

H+S Gestapo struck again today I wasn’t allowed to get on the bed of the truck to turn a 6’ cage (on castors up against headboard) round right way for Manitou driver

It’s not that they give a toss for your Health & Safety it’s just so they can update the little notice board saying 142 days since an accident.

Like the poor sod who’s job it was at Landrover, Solihull to change them numbers, the notice was reached by step ladder above swing doors…

I love RDC"s im payed by the hour so they can keep me there all day if they want. Happy Days

I always thought RDC’s were a method of catching up on sleep■■?

I managed to watch 11 episodes of Prison Break on Monday and Tuesday. Yup - gotta love those big nasty ques in RDC’s. A trampers best friend, a day shifters worst nightmare lol

mr bluecity:
I love RDC"s im payed by the hour so they can keep me there all day if they want. Happy Days

I agree

Steve-o:
I managed to watch 11 episodes of Prison Break on Monday and Tuesday. Yup - gotta love those big nasty ques in RDC’s. A trampers best friend, a day shifters worst nightmare lol

as a day driver, if I got a tesco, asda, or sainburys RDC on my run, I`ll stop at the gate on my way out the yard and pick up me telly from the back of the car.
As for a day shifters worst nightmare … only ever been caught out once in the last 3 years, and that was at the beginnning of this month, at Adsa wakefield ADC … 40 mins from the yard & home. spent the night without any gear, over in whitwood TS …Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :frowning: