diary

well today i was down as a 8.00 a.m start [ not done any 8.00 start jobs before], the job was down as LIVINGSTONE :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , now i know why theres a notice on board saying always carry your night out gear just in case[ thought that was for the wheather] :wink: :laughing: , obviously not :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: .
any way books in and gets told im doing waitrose, bardon instead :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
turns out livingstone is not actually what it says , its do a couple of collections on route then change trailer with the jocks somewhere on the a66 [ good job as im down for the same tomorrow :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
anyway we now go out and get our stuff in truck ,check it over , all o.k then pull round to fill up with ad-blue , only to have digi tacho flashing DRIVING WITHOUT CARD , MMM ,never had that before so go to eject card , thinking it may not of loaded properly , f.f.s it wount eject , tried to do a print out to see what was happening, but came up no data :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .
why did they invent these zb things, off i go in a huff and get the fitter out, telling him on the way how i used one for 2 years and knew what i was doing and it was knackered.and that it had now swallowed my card :unamused: :unamused: .
anyway fitter has a look and straight away notices its knackered :exclamation: :exclamation: .
[well not really he notices the cards been put in driver 2 slot :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning: ] :laughing: :laughing: , couldnt even blame it on being tired with a 8 oclock start could i.
so i quickly shot off tail between legs and headed for bardon.
nice steady 40 mph down the a46 [ still smarting from the speeding ticket the other week and arrive at 10 a.m, book in and told to park up and theyd shout me at 12โ€ฆ00 as im a p.m booking.
i look round to see all the bays empty and me the only truck there :unamused: :unamused: , makes you wonder sometimes , but weve got to play by there rules , so park up and take paper work to office and say which bay do you want me on :wink: :wink: , well shout you at 12oclock was her reply :unamused: :unamused:
well you got to try havent you :laughing:
anyway back to truck , into bunk and low and behold ,dead on 12 oclock , knock on door and told to put it on bay 6.
i then thought it was going to be the normal 2/3/4 hrs to get tipped, but by the time id walked to the office and handed in my keys and the walked back i was on a red being tipped :smiley: :smiley:
12.30 im tipped and ready to go , apart from ringing in to see where next, told to head straight back to yard, 13.40 im back in yard, diesel up , park up, and check waggon over.
then go to office and see what truck to use next and where im going but told get yourself off home :smiley: :smiley: .
i just hope i get switched tomorrow :exclamation: :exclamation: ,

Nice one Ady.

That place is generally a very quick tip I have found.

ady1:
now i know why theres a notice on board saying always carry your night out gear just in case[ thought that was for the wheather] :wink: :laughing: , obviously not :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: .

Sod that for a game of soldiers mate. :open_mouth: Our lot once tried to get me to keep all my night-out kit in the car โ€˜just-in-caseโ€™ and give me different motor every day. They soon found me a regular truck once I started bringing loads back after having done 15 hours. :wink:

Iโ€™ll drive the filthiest heap in the yard. But if you want me to sleep in it - it will be cleaned up to my standards. On the inside at least.