I felt almost as being made a deputy sheriff. :-)

Last night I was driving A1. There was a car overtaking me. I was doing about 60 and he was doing maybe 65. Another car approached and sit on his bumper flashing his lights. The guy accelerated and pulled in front of me, but the idiot behind still sit on his bumper changing lane as well, forcing me to bear left and brake.

Then he get side to side with the other vehicle and was trying (pretending to try?) to push him off the road. I grabbed my phone and called 112 as it was an obvious case of road rage.

I told them about the situation (in meantime the road pirat get bored after several dangerous maneuvres approaching the victim’s car from both sides, went to the right lane and accelerated, but the victim of his behaviour made mistake of flashing him with his main beam. Then he pulled in front of him and braked suddenly forcing him to brake harshly and me to slow down considerably and then it all started again.

I told that to the lady on the phone, but I wasn’t able to give her the reg number, they were close to mee for too short for me to notice and then it was all going like 100 metres ahead of me, sometimes closer, but then the victim’s car was in way for me to read the offender number. I tried to catch up with them, but I was running at 3,5 bang on (my load was only few kgs less than my maximum payload according to the paperwork, but I am heavier than 70kg of average driver, you know :stuck_out_tongue:) and my van is not a ferrari.

She asked me if I can accelerate and see the numbers. I answered “I am already doing 71!” She asked me again to speed up more, but I explained that my van won’t do any more, (it’s only doing 70 because it’s down hill - this is a high body curtainsider with mileage like from here to Jupiter and back, it hardly does 65).

So I did not managed to give them any more help.

I hope that they caugth the ■■■■■■■ anyway as someone else provided his numbers. It was metallic blue and it was either this small Rover or MG or Honda Civic (They all look exactly the same).

But I started to wonder after that incident: what if, say, I speeded up to 85 to tell the lady registration number and then I got a speed camera ticket? Would they cover me as she asked me to go faster when I told her I am already at max speed?

orys:
Last night I was driving A1. There was a car overtaking me. I was doing about 60 and he was doing maybe 65. Another car approached and sit on his bumper flashing his lights. The guy accelerated and pulled in front of me, but the idiot behind still sit on his bumper changing lane as well, forcing me to bear left and brake.

Then he get side to side with the other vehicle and was trying (pretending to try?) to push him off the road. I grabbed my phone and called 112 as it was an obvious case of road rage.

I told them about the situation (in meantime the road pirat get bored after several dangerous maneuvres approaching the victim’s car from both sides, went to the right lane and accelerated, but the victim of his behaviour made mistake of flashing him with his main beam. Then he pulled in front of him and braked suddenly forcing him to brake harshly and me to slow down considerably and then it all started again.

I told that to the lady on the phone, but I wasn’t able to give her the reg number, they were close to mee for too short for me to notice and then it was all going like 100 metres ahead of me, sometimes closer, but then the victim’s car was in way for me to read the offender number. I tried to catch up with them, but I was running at 3,5 bang on (my load was only few kgs less than my maximum payload according to the paperwork, but I am heavier than 70kg of average driver, you know :stuck_out_tongue:) and my van is not a ferrari.

She asked me if I can accelerate and see the numbers. I answered “I am already doing 71!” She asked me again to speed up more, but I explained that my van won’t do any more, (it’s only doing 70 because it’s down hill - this is a high body curtainsider with mileage like from here to Jupiter and back, it hardly does 65).

So I did not managed to give them any more help.

I hope that they caugth the [zb] anyway as someone else provided his numbers. It was metallic blue and it was either this small Rover or MG or Honda Civic (They all look exactly the same).

But I started to wonder after that incident: what if, say, I speeded up to 85 to tell the lady registration number and then I got a speed camera ticket? Would they cover me as she asked me to go faster when I told her I am already at max speed?

What a load of BS. :unamused:

And you should learn to mind your own business. You have no idea what went on back down the road. It’s extremely unlikely that the ‘rager’ reacted like he/she did without good reason. Another SARP [zb] [zb]. :unamused: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Rob K:

I admit, it is possible, that she just haven’t heard me first time, and she wanted me just to accelerate to legal and safe speed :slight_smile:

And you should learn to mind your own business. You have no idea what went on back down the road. It’s extremely unlikely that the ‘rager’ reacted like he/she did without good reason. Another SARP [zb] [zb]. :unamused: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

So what’s the good reason for driving 20 cm behind the other car flashing his lights and then try to push him off the road (or at least pretend to do so by getting side by side with him and then suddenly turn left and drive with more than half of your car on his lane?

Could you give me at least ONE “good reason” for doing it? Just the one. A single one.

And mind you, if I not reacted, he would definitely hit me. It would be the case, for sure, if I was LHD…

If someone is putting ME at risk, even if he’s aiming at the other road user, that is definitely my own business. I guess you are happy with that, if someone hit you, but was just only trying to ride over the granny crossing the street, you just go on your merry way without looking back? :wink:

None of your business. Keep your beak out and stop being an interfering do-gooder.

Rob K:
None of your business. Keep your beak out and stop being an interfering do-gooder.

As I said, if someone puts me in danger, it is my business.

So what about this reason? Strictly theoretically speaking? What can be a good reason to a such behaviour?

Or you just avoinding question, because you know I am right and that there is no excuse, but you feel above admiting that I was right on something? :wink:

orys:

Rob K:

So what about this reason? Strictly theoretically speaking? What can be a good reason to a such behaviour?

Or you just avoinding question, because you know I am right and that there is no excuse, but you feel above admiting that I was right on something? :wink:

You get “put in danger” every time you drive your car on a public road. So you had to brake a bit - so what? You claim to be so perfect but yet are just as dangerous - if not more - than the ‘rager’ by openly admitting to picking up your phone and phoning the cops whilst driving. [zb] hypocrite.

And if the “innocent party” (in your eyes) in this had caused the ‘rager’ to nearly crash/swerve/whatever back down the road then yes, his/her actions are justified imho. End of the day the cops won’t do anything about it so you’ve got to take these matters into your own hands.

Instead of whining about how traumatic it was for you, you could have easily removed yourself from the situation by easing off and letting them get on with it. Instead you decided to be a SARP and get right up in the action so you could get some footage and write long stories about it on internet forums.

Pathetic. About time you grew up and got a life. :unamused:

Rob K:
You get “put in danger” every time you drive your car on a public road. So you had to brake a bit - so what? You claim to be so perfect but yet are just as dangerous - if not more - than the ‘rager’ by openly admitting to picking up your phone and phoning the cops whilst driving. [zb] hypocrite.

If you knew the law, you would know that 112 is extempt from that rule. If you know the research - in fact EVERY phone call is as disturbing as the other one.

And if the “innocent party” (in your eyes) in this had caused the ‘rager’ to nearly crash/swerve/whatever back down the road then yes, his/her actions are justified imho.

Hahahaha

That my day done.

So if someone forces you to swerve and brake and you call the cops, you are a SARP. But if someone forces you to swerve and brake and you start to drive 20 cm on his tail and try to pushi him off the road, putting other road users at risk far more than just driving 70 mph in a sprinter 100 m after preceding vehicles and chatting on the phone, THEN your actions are justified :smiley:

Thank you, no more questions :wink:

End of the day the cops won’t do anything about it so you’ve got to take these matters into your own hands.

They might not be able to do, but this gets recorded. And then if for example the victim of the rage fills report as well, I can be a witness. Two witnesses and the idiot is put off the road, for everyone’s safety.

Instead of whining about how traumatic it was for you, you could have easily removed yourself from the situation by easing off and letting them get on with it.

It’s hard to remove yourself if someone is just about to drive into you. But I done it, by swearving (this was the word I was looking for) and braking. Than as I was behind, I could safely report the thing to the police.

If I wanted to be involved, instead of swerving left, I would just hold on the steering wheel and it would be finished by blue car spinning off the road taking the victim’s car and maybe me with me. That would be appriopriate course of action for you?

Instead you decided to be a SARP and get right up in the action so you could get some footage and write long stories about it on internet forums.

At least I have some story to write (and no, not for footage, the last paragraph is a genuine question and the title is only a joke, hence the similey in it). You don’t have anything interesting to tell, you just go and abuse people who write something you don’t like.

It’s [zb] like you that is one of the big problems with this country. People like you disgust me. You are not worthy of any further replies.

Rob K:
It’s [zb] like you that is one of the big problems with this country. People like you disgust me. You are not worthy of any further replies.

If only your opinion were of any importance to anyone but you… :slight_smile:

But I hope that from now on you will just stay away from ALL my posts to stay undisgusted? Good for me. :wink:

Rob K:

You really are a ■■■■■ aren’t you?

DELETED.

I should not kick the one already on the ground. Rob K compromited himself enough already.

If the actions of those two could have caused safety problems for other road users further on then Orys did the ‘right thing’

If they had been silly around him and then pulled into macdonalds for a burger fight then leave em to it

Rob K:

Like your rants matter anyway! :unamused:

orys:

Rob K:

If only your opinion were of any importance to anyone but you… :slight_smile:

But I hope that from now on you will just stay away from ALL my posts to stay undisgusted? Good for me. :wink:[/qura
I’m 100% with you Orys,you were right to call the law,who cares what happened between them earlier,as soon as it puts you in danger then you are involved.If more people called these incidents in then maybe the roads would be a safer place for everyone!
As for you Robk,I remember you posting on here that you got was it 15 points on your licence in one go for A. getting caught driving without insurance and B.another related incident?
Begining to wonder if you had done something like Orys described and somebody called it in,leading to your conviction,you seem like someone who would do this in the first place (i.e [zb] ) and are now so disgusted by Orys actions that you look guilty to me…

Rob K:

orys:

Rob K:

And if the “innocent party” (in your eyes) in this had caused the ‘rager’ to nearly crash/swerve/whatever back down the road then yes, his/her actions are justified imho. End of the day the cops won’t do anything about it so you’ve got to take these matters into your own hands.

Instead of whining about how traumatic it was for you, you could have easily removed yourself from the situation by easing off and letting them get on with it. Instead you decided to be a SARP and get right up in the action so you could get some footage and write long stories about it on internet forums.

You sir, are a knob

It’s posts like this in response to a legitamate question that makes me wonder why i come on here…in fact, ■■■■ it…i for one will no longer frequent this so called “Professional Drivers Forum” :angry:

RIPPER:

Rob K:

orys:

Rob K:

You sir, are a knob

It’s posts like this in response to a legitamate question that makes me wonder why i come on here…in fact, [zb] it…i for one will no longer frequent this so called “Professional Drivers Forum” :angry:

Good. Here is a site that will cater for your needs. Hopefully everyone else in this thread will follow your lead.

Rob K:
. Another SARP [zb] [zb]. :unamused: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Classic Rob! I genuinely love your direct approach to things, pmsl, when are you starting the “Ask Rob” forum I suggested to you last time, keep it up bud :laughing:

I read an interesting article once.

It was about a different rates of crimes being reported in East and West Europe.

In West Europe (especially Scandinavia) people feel like part of civic society and see reporting crimes to the police as a their bit of the job we all have to do.

In East Europe it is a new approach - usually “grassing” police about something was seen as wrong, as Police in old times was a tool of represion, so by definition cooperating with them was something like cooperating with the communist occupant.

This is changing though, but that police in Eastern Europe is not too good yet does not help, as simply people do not believe that they can get any help out of this.

Off course such approach to the police is unjustified in Western Europe. So there only two reasons why people don’t want to be parts of the society and report what they see:

• their are loners, who don’t give a ■■■■ about anything and anyone. But then they are first to shout loud when something happen to THEM.
  • they do such things themselves, therefore they feel for the offender.

I just leave this here.

I don’t know if Police recruitment was meant as offence or something, but, what can be hard to understand for Rob one does not have to be Policeman to pay his small share in fight for the right and order.

I bet that if I was giving first aid to the victim of the accident, Rob would not offer me a link to the recruitment site for medical studies? And if last week I gave a lift to the doctors to my elderly neighbour who has troubles walking, surely he won’t suggest that I should become employee of Scottish Ambulance Service?

Bah, today when I came home from the road, and was cleaning my van I noticed that there is empty coffe cup lying near my car on the car park. I picked it up and throwed it to the litter bin. Rob, would you kind to provide me link to the website so I can find how to become a litter picker? :wink:

think of the children.jpg

I thought I would get in with this apparently important addition to this type of thread before someone else does.

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Along with -

“Call yourself a professional.”

“No wonder the public hate us.”

“This forum has gone to hell.”

“I won’t post any more/This is why I don’t often post.”

“What if someone was killed, how would you feel then.”

And from a particular poster, “Was it done SAFELY.”

That’s all.

Coffeeholic:

I thought I would get in with this apparently important addition to this type of thread before someone else does.

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Along with -

“Call yourself a professional.”

“No wonder the public hate us.”

“This forum has gone to hell.”

“I won’t post any more/This is why I don’t often post.”

“What if someone was killed, how would you feel then.”

And from a particular poster, “Was it done SAFELY.”

That’s all.

Blah blah blah, if you want to publish things like that, you propably would like to be publisher, here you have some advice: answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 131AAn1CJX

(Yes, I know, I know :stuck_out_tongue:)

But nobody so far answered my original question: what if they tell me “go faster to see his number” i go 80 and got speed ticket? Will they then cover me?